Molly's gift for Sherlock

Shrodinger's cat?

Just kidding...probably a new magnifier or watch... though if I were Molly, it would've been a nice plush scarf . Man can't have too many :Fuzzy:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You guys never fail to amaze me.

I was reading through the first page of this thread and laughing the entire time.

And I think it was probably something really soppy, becuase that's Molly's personality (have you seen her blog? kittens everywhere), or something pertaining to one of his interests. Lab equipment or, I don't know, some sheet music of something. Sheet music could probably fit in that box. I'll look at it again. :) Those are my thoughts.

Perhaps some new strings for his violin?  Or perhaps a voucher to get his bow rehaired?

I think Molly is just a girl who is 'in love' with Sherlock but realises she probably won't get him - if she does, it will only be for a short time. She, like a lot of women, try to get over the man - but he's always there in the back of her mind............ :sherlock2:        ?        :molly:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't think that Louise saying it was a mankini was a joke.  But I think it was a practical joke on set IF Ben had ever opened it.  Molly would never have given him that type of gift.  She would have given Sherlock something personal and lovely, something she would have felt he would have appreciated.

• Like 1

Ah!  I hadn't thought of looking at it from a real-world perspective.  Thanks, that does make sense.

So absent any in-universe input from Ms. Hooper herself, we're still free to conjecture to our heart's content!

She is a little like him, isn't she? I think in some interview Moffat or Gatiss said, when asked if she and Sherlock would become a couple: "Two sociopaths together? Doesn't sound like a good idea".

And yet... Mary and John are together, so the idea isn't as unappealing as they protest!

Assuming that John really is a sociopath -- so far we have only the word of Mycroft, Sherlock, Mary, and Magnussen, who may simply be projecting.  (And by the way, why doesn't Sherlock's name begin with "M"?)

• Like 1

Mhhh ... Mycroft, Mary, Magnussen, and Moriarty too - you might be onto something there, Arcadia :smile:.

eta: On the other hand, there's Molly. Dang there goes that theory.

• Like 1

Or maybe Mofftiss'll just write up some normal-sounding name that doesn't start with M to throw us off.

Grrrr... the evil Steven Muffin and hith wily accompwice Dark Gatiss have to be watched! 24 hour surveillance!

• Like 2

OMG!!!!! Moff ... Moffat ... Moffat begins with an M!

Aieeeeeee! We're doooooomed!

• Like 2

What was in the box..?! :o

if you ask me it was completely empty. If they intended to show it, I would hope that Molly would be smart enough to have Mycroft help her put something in it that would take the science of deduction to figure it out.

• 4 months later...

If it was Molly giving the gift, it would have been something kitschy, but as Loo being Molly, it was a gag gift that he would never open, so it didn't matter.  But she said it was a mankini, and I would give almost anything to see Sherlock in that!

OMG, I thought I knew what those things were, now I'm sorry I actually do......

• Like 1

Ewwwgghhh!  I thought she meant like a woman's bikini bottom -- either underwear or swimwear.  But that thing is .... (I feel a serious urge to lapse into Tumblr Talk here, so will simply shut up)

• Like 1

The mankini was made famous in the Borat movie.  It is really not an appropriate piece of clothing by any standard, not to mention is it looks ridiculous.

• Like 1