Hello Everybody And Welcome!

Undead Medic

Hello :wave: and welcome to Sherlock Forum!

My name is Tim and I am the Administrator and I would like to take the opportunity to welcome all members to the forum!

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like a good forum...we'll see how often I remember to check it...

Looks like you're remembering pretty well, Detective Chief Inspector!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While I cannot actually speak for Undead Medic, I believe that if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can answer your own question!

• 8 months later...

Hello, SH/LotR/Zelda Fan -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!   :welcome:

Hey, you're doing really well, with three posts already.  I would never have guessed that you're new to forums in general.  Glad you found this one!

Good luck with your phone!

Hi SH/LotR/Zelda Fan and welcome :welcome:! Nice to see another gamer around here :comp:.

Hello, Jane -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!   :welcome:

We're glad you like this forum and decided to join us.  And don't be afraid, we don't kill people for their English here!  I read this on your profile page:

My name is Yana, or, in English way, Jane. I'm 13-aged schoolgirl from Ukraine. I am ashamed to admit, but I love English language more than my native Russian and Ukrainian. So I try to use every chance to learn it better. This forum is one of them. I will be grateful, if you will correct my mistakes :rolleyes:

You made only a few mistakes in that paragraph, and they're all small ones.  It's clear what you mean, but a native speaker would have said things a bit differently, like this:

My name is Yana, or, in the English way, Jane. I'm a 13-year-old schoolgirl from the Ukraine. I am ashamed to admit it, but I love the English language more than my native Russian and Ukrainian.

I'm guessing that your native languages don't use all those little extra words that English does!

Please don't worry about being "correct" here, but if you have questions about English (or anything else), just ask!

Welcome, Jane! So glad you found us. And yes, please don't worry to much about speaking up here. You should see what us native English speakers can type when we get excited and not paying much attention to what our fingers are doing to the key board. But we will help you like Carol did.

Hi Jane and :welcome:. And don't worry, people on this board are very kind to us non-native speakers :hugz:.

Thank you! You are very hospitable!

Yes, Carol, great deduction  :D There are no articles in Russian both in Ukrainian. Thank you for correcting my mistakes  ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone :wave: I've been trying really hard not to let myself get sucked into yet another fandom (the last time didn't go that well. it's so addictive!) but rewatching the eps and speculating in my own head would have drove me insane soon. So here I am, in need of a new home.

PS. Whoever made these emoticons -> :sherlock2:  , I :inlove: and  :Worship: you!

• Like 1

Hi Shapupa and :welcome:. If you're in need of a new home, you've definitely come to the right place, this is truly The Last Homely House on the www frontier :hugz:.

And few of us were actively looking for another fandom, I think - it snuck up on us, said, "Afghanistan or Iraq?" and we were hopelessly hooked :lol:. What was that other fandom of yours that didn't go that well, if I may ask?

Thanks! I was wondering if there's a Sherlock forum anywhere for a while, but resisted actively searching for it till yesterday.

I've been in several fandoms actually, the longest in the HP one. The one that didn't go so well was Twilight :blush2: Well..because it was Twilight and I'm actually surprised that that fandom didn't self implode already. A momentary lapse in judgement