SQL error

Caya

When trying to post to a private message thread yesterday, I got a white-with-red screen instead (not the forum look at all) with the following message:

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: SELECT * FROM message_topics WHERE mt_id=165

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Second attempt at posting went through just fine, so probably just a hiccup. Anybody else encountered this?

Aaaand a new error, same thread:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@sherlockforum.kelticbanshee.info and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I think this may be just momentary bandwidth issues. But keep a look out and if it happens again make a note of it here. :)

I'm occasionally getting those SQL errors myself, just recently.  Like Fox says, the second try always seems to work just fine.  But it is odd that the errors only started -- hmm -- maybe a couple of months ago?  I assumed that it was just my clunky setup, but that was before I knew that others were seeing the same thing.

If it happens again, I'll be a good girl and copy the message here.  :angel1:

• 3 weeks later...

Aha!  Got another one (in the Self Defense thread).  I had edited a post and got this error when I went to re-post it.  Had to re-edit, but then it worked fine.

SQL Error

mySQL query error: UPDATE posts SET author_id=111,use_sig=1,use_emo=1,ip_address='69.95.175.218',post_date=1381438302,post='

I think you\'re right, it\'s not likely that Fox\'s friends would attack her, except someplace like sword-fighting class, where it\'s like playing.  But there are bad people who attack complete strangers so they can steal their money.

\n

\n',author_name='Carol the Dabbler',topic_id=1598,queued=0,post_htmlstate=0,post_bwoptions=0,edit_time=1381438449,edit_name='Carol the Dabbler',post_edit_reason='',append_edit=0 WHERE pid=12969

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

Return to the index

• 4 weeks later...

Not an SQL error, but got this when I tried to load a forum page immediately after reestablishing my internet connection:

XML Parsing Error: unexpected parser state

Line Number 304, Column 68:

<div id="ed_connectionFailure">&connectionFailure.longDesc;</div>

-------------------------------------------------------------------^

I got the SQL error thingy last night when I tried to post something here on the forum. I was able to get right back on but it was a bit annoying but it allowed the next posting attempt so nothing really too upsetting.

• 1 month later...

Got two more today (sorry, meant to post the first one but got distracted), so here's #2:

SQL Error

mySQL query error: INSERT INTO posts (`author_id`,`use_sig`,`use_emo`,`ip_address`,`post_date`,`post`,`author_name`,`topic_id`,`queued`,`post_htmlstate`,`post_bwoptions`,`post_key`) VALUES(111,1,1,'69.95.175.10',1388697461,'

Beth, my fellow Hoosier!  Great to see you back!

\n

\n','Carol the Dabbler',1729,0,0,0,'e613be9fc0d07444d0c2728bab9f9383')

Return to the index