The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Gawd, you've been on the hunt for pics.

I tend to go nuts when I'm into something. And somehow it's soothing to look at images of rebellious animals.

It wasn't me, VBS. Must have been Alex.

Ehm.. of course.. of course.That's what husband is for. :p

VBS, tsk tsk, you missed one.

Dang it! I blame the grandma who farted twice next to me in the store today (true story).

Okay okay, last one.

Screenshot_2017-09-19-22-50-10_1.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, it is, but it's still funny.

Okay okay, last one.

Nope, I'm afraid you missed this one too...

EM6HDBJ.jpg

• Like 3

Hey, that cat's not ignoring the sign.  It explicitly says "no sitting."  Please note that Kitty is *not* sitting.  Good Kitty!

• Like 2

Everyone remembers where they were when the badger apocalypse began. It's hard to believe now, but there was a time when most people hadn't seen a badger in real life, when people could wear clothes and have hairstyles that weren't striped black and white for camouflage. 

• Like 2

Wonder if sloths like having their bellies rubbed.  Or if they'll rip you to shreds with those rather impressive claws.

By the way, I've never seen a badger in the wild.  Not sure they live around here.

Added: Nope, badgers don't come quite this far south around here, according to this neat map on Wikipedia.

I've never seen a badger either. 

I think baby sloths would like it, I know they like being hugged and have adorable little voices. 

Interesting your badger map has honey badgers, crazy vicious creatures, listed alongside our innocuous European badgers - I didn't think they had anything in common other than the name. I could google more info, but it's too late and I'm too tired to look into it further.  :mellow:

I think it said they're all related somehow. Also related to weasels, and we apparently do have those. Alex once saw what we think was a mink (a type of weasel) run across our driveway.

I don't think I've ever seen a mink or weasel. I've seen a watervole, can that count as an interesting sighting? I also saw a rat a couple of weekends back, but that's not something to be chuffed about. :wacko:

I saw a seal hanging about with some paddleboarders too. I like seals, but I don't think I'd be too thrilled if one popped up next to me when I was on a board. 

That is a cool map! I don't recall if I've ever seen one in person either, although I seem to remember that we had them in Washington state. Although the map makes it look like maybe we didn't. Surely one would have wandered in from Idaho from time to time....?

What I do remember seeing for sure is pheasants calmly strolling through our back yard. That was cool.

I don't think I've ever seen a mink or weasel. I've seen a watervole, can that count as an interesting sighting? I also saw a rat a couple of weekends back, but that's not something to be chuffed about. :wacko:

Oh, I don't know, in my life I've only ever seen one rat. He was cute, I enjoyed watching him. Her. It. Whatever. If it had been a squirrel, I would have yawned and looked the other way. :smile: And if it had been a mink or weasel, I probably would have run screaming in the other direction for fear it was a fisher cat. Those things have an evil reputation (probably undeserved, but I don't intend to find out by approaching one....)

I've never heard of a fisher cat before, it looks cute. Yea, I wouldn't want to be mauled by it, not that I'd want to be mauled by anything. It's reminded me of the other mink/weasel creature I was trying to think of though - pine marten. 

I picked up my bin bags from the back garden once to carry through the house to the front to be collected and a rat leapt out.  :o

Ooops, I forgot. Here's a pheasant, in case anyone doesn't know what they look like.
3rYSlgw.jpg
Pretty, isn't he? Quite a large bird, close to turkey-sized. Wild turkeys, that is. Which I still see quite frequently here in Virginia.

• Like 2

Yes, I'm not so blasé about rats that I wouldn't scream if one jumped out at me. But that describes my reaction to just about everything that jumps. :smile:

Yup, I've seen pheasants. There used to be one we passed on the school bus on the way home, every day he'd be there, for years, and then one day we went by and he'd been run over and squashed.  :(

Yes, but the only ones I've ever seen are not at all large. They're apparently good predators, but their pretty is far smaller than me.

I used to see the occasional ring-necked pheasant (like Arcadia's picture) in the wild area outside my office window. One winter day when the little pond was frozen, there was a male ice-skating across it. No skates, of course, but the identical motions.

By the way, Arcadia, did you know that they're not native here? They're actually Asian birds, but have been introduced elsewhere so people can shoot at them.

The mention of a marten reminds me of a truck-company logo that always amuses me. The company name is Marten (like the weasel), but their logo is a soaring purple bird, presumably a martin-with-an-i. Better corporate image, I guess!

• Like 1