Official "Sherlock" wall posters & such

From Sherlockology:

Here’s something that has been much requested - an official Sherlock wall poster from GB Posters!

tumblr_n1k0ziWC981qkgkowo1_500.jpg

And also from Sherlockology:

Two more official Sherlock posters from GB Posters!

Sherlock and John walking wall poster

Sherlock solo door poster

UPDATE: Use the code SHERLOCK at checkout to claim 10% off the poster price!

• Like 2

Wow. Finally. That only took four years.

Well, seeing as it takes them two years to make three episodes, I think four years for a poster is about right!  :lol4:

• Like 2

Alex and I actually agreed on a poster (the first one), and we've ordered it.  Yay!

Unlike the BBC Shop, GB Posters will ship to the US (obviously).  There was a pop-up offer for 25% off of the poster price, so we took advantage of that.  They do want hyphens included in the credit-card number (and rejected ours when Alex typed in just the digits all run together, they way most US websites want it).

The rather odd-sounding size of 61 x 91.5 cm works out to a nice even 2 x 3 feet.

• 2 weeks later...

From Sherlockology (and click on that link for a closer look at each poster):

tumblr_n2fmpfPtlZ1qkgkowo3_r1_500.jpg

Our friends over at GB Posters have just release two new Sherlock posters! The lovely Sherlock Sociopath Mini Poster at £1.99 and the Sherlock Solo Maxi poster at £3.99.

Sherlockology followers can get 15% off an order by using code ‘SHERLOCKOLOGY’ at checkout until midnight on Sunday 16th March 2014!

• Like 1

I've maximized my visual memory..! :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Alex and I did receive our poster (about a month after ordering), and it's very nice.  :D

GBPosters has just added framed photos to their Sherlock line:

tumblr_n3th8fqb711qkgkowo3_500.jpg

More new Sherlock stuff from GB Posters - a range of over 30 exclusive framed photographic Collector Prints from all three series of the show!

View the full range here on the GB Posters website.

AND DON’T FORGET our exclusive 25% discount code that is valid until midnight on April 13! Simply use the code ‘Sherlock25’ at checkout to claim!

Note:  30 by 40 cm is nearly 12 by 16 inches.

GB Posters is now offering an assortment of Sherlock buttons:

tumblr_n44ibbieWy1qkgkowo1_500.jpg

New from GB Posters - Sherlock mixed badge packs!

Use the code ‘221B’ at checkout to claim 25% off your order until midnight on Monday April 21!

http://www.gbposters.com/Sherlock-Mix-Badge-Pack

Alex and I did receive our poster (about a month after ordering), and it's very nice.  :D

GBPosters has just added framed photos to their Sherlock line:

tumblr_n3th8fqb711qkgkowo3_500.jpg

More new Sherlock stuff from GB Posters - a range of over 30 exclusive framed photographic Collector Prints from all three series of the show!

View the full range here on the GB Posters website.

AND DON’T FORGET our exclusive 25% discount code that is valid until midnight on April 13! Simply use the code ‘Sherlock25’ at checkout to claim!

Note:  30 by 40 cm is nearly 12 by 16 inches.

Ooo..nice prints! I would gladly pay overseas shipping for these :inlove:

• 4 months later...

Sherlockology reports that for a short time, GB Posters has a special offer on the 2015 Sherlock wall calendar.  Here's what I take to be the back cover, with images of all twelve pages:

Sherlock_Square_Calendar_2015__2_.jpg

Looks like a good mix of photos this time (mercifully only one Magnussen!).

• 1 month later...

As mentioned earlier, Alex and I bought this poster:

... and though I like it very much, I've always found it a bit odd the way Sherlock is holding his left hand.  But today I happened to notice (duh!) that the cover of this book not only uses the same photo, but also gives Sherlock a reason for that odd position:

51Q7a-o6HwL.jpg

I suspect that the photo was originally taken with the book cover in mind, and then when the picture turned out to be so nice, they chose it for a poster.  (Just a bit odd that they didn't give Sherlock something to hold, though.)

(Just a bit odd that they didn't give Sherlock something to hold, though.)

If you look closely, you can see that he's pulling on his glove, that's why his hand is in that position. Well, the real reason is so he'll look cool, of course.... It's sort of like shooting his cuffs, I think.
  • Like 2

So observant Arcadia

(Just a bit odd that they didn't give Sherlock something to hold, though.)

If you look closely, you can see that he's pulling on his glove, that's why his hand is in that position. Well, the real reason is so he'll look cool, of course.... It's sort of like shooting his cuffs, I think.

I just had a really close look at our poster, and you're absolutely right -- that little bulge by his wrist is clearly his other (gloved) hand.  OK, so you think that the original idea was, he was pulling on the glove, and then whoever did the book cover simply took advantage of the position of his hand to make a connection between the photo and the added artwork?  That makes sense.  I still find that pose kind of odd, but then Sherlock himself is kind of odd, huh?

• Like 2

So observant Arcadia

Thanks! But I don't think I am, really, I'm not sure why I noticed this particular thing.

I just had a really close look at our poster, and you're absolutely right -- that little bulge by his wrist is clearly his other (gloved) hand. OK, so you think that the original idea was, he was pulling on the glove, and then whoever did the book cover simply took advantage of the position of his hand to make a connection between the photo and the added artwork? That makes sense. I still find that pose kind of odd, but then Sherlock himself is kind of odd, huh?

Yep! :smile:
  • Like 1

So observant Arcadia

Thanks! But I don't think I am, really, I'm not sure why I noticed this particular thing.

OK, so you were "so observant" at the moment even if you have no idea why you were. :)

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Alex and I ordered this poster back in early 2014, when GB Posters first introduced them:

On 2/25/2014 at 11:16 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

As I believe I've mentioned before, we've framed it and hung it in our living room (GB Posters still offers that one).

When Abominable Bride posters first became available in 2016, we were thinking of buying one of those and hanging it near the first one, but we dawdled, and now GB Posters no longer carries the one we had in mind (though they do have the same picture as somewhat smaller framed photos).  It finally occurred to me to check and see if anyone else was carrying the poster, and YES!!!  I found what appears to be exactly the same thing (in the same size) on Amazon:

51YP3l-TE5L.jpg

So we have it on order.  We've already bought the frame.  :D   Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone else thought they'd missed the boat.