1,500 posts and a promotion!

On 8/7/2018 at 10:23 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Per VBS's suggestion in another thread, Tim has set up a new rank.  It has no specific name, because when you get to 5,000 posts, you get to make up your own name for it.  At least five of you (T.o.b.y, Arcadia, Camper, J.P., and Pseud) are currently eligible -- congratulations, guys!  Three others (Fox, sfmpco, and VBS) are very, very close -- so  be thinking what you want to call your new rank.  Please let me know if I've missed anyone!

In order to set your new rank-name, go to your profile page, click Edit Profile, and if you have 5,000 or more posts, you'll see a new box at the top (it's currently labeled Member Title).  Enter your personalized rank-name in that box, then scroll down and hit Save.

Your new rank will then be displayed wherever the "old" ranks are, namely on your profile page and (on computers) above your avatar picture each time you post.

Wohooo! Sounds fun!

Wait.. I'm not eligible yet! Dang...! Even on desktop I only yield two posts after seven times log ins, this should take forever!

I think when I finally eligible I'll probably start with something that make us sleepless, curious, intrigued yet murderous, sexy and made some members spend hours exploring... not safe for work.. hmm...hmmm.. 

Forbidden Error 404. 

That's a great name! You gotta admit it's sexier. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Wohooo! Sounds fun!

Wait.. I'm not eligible yet! Dang...! Even on desktop I only yield two posts after seven times log ins, this should take forever!

[....]

hmm...hmmm.. 

Forbidden Error 404. 

That's a great name! You gotta admit it's sexier. :P

I agree!  It's also be a great name for a sexy perfume.  :adler:

You need 83 more posts.  At two per day, and only on weekdays, that's slightly over eight weeks, a bit less than two months -- sometime in early October.  Go, VBS!!!

• Like 2

I consider it as deposit since I'll be mobile next week :P

I think your deadline should be easy enough to fulfill, but then again, if I reach that milestone, what other purpose do I have in life????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

... if I reach that milestone, what other purpose do I have in life????

Well, you could amuse yourself for a while by changing your rank at random intervals.  But let me point out, this whole thing was your idea!  :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Speaking of which, I'm starting to think I may have to leave hints....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Well, you could amuse yourself for a while by changing your rank at random intervals.

I think I would enjoy that for a while, changing the status everytime I log in...Wait no! That means 15 times per day, with the rate the forum tries to kick me out! :D

Can I amuse myself by picking at other's status then? :cowdance: But the market is very niche now, ... You are amazing. You are fantastic, guys!!! :P

14 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Speaking of which, I'm starting to think I may have to leave hints....

I don't follow?  ............and scared..

• Like 1

I think she may mean that nobody has yet commented on her new rank.  Which I have not noticed.  Have you?

• Like 1

The crack in the lens is brilliant. I think it goes along well with the fly in the ointment and our favorite somewhat crazy, high-functioning sociopath.

Camper wins the no-prize! But who's the fly in t....? Oh wait … is Bono here? Where, where, I want to see!!!! Can I photobomb him?

Sounds like it's time for a new prescription, Carol! :tongue:  

• Like 1

🤔 Where have I heard that before …. oh yeah. Now you're repeating yourself. I'm starting to worry about you, Carol. 😁

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 1:33 AM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Hey -- you've made four posts in just a couple of hours today -- that's cheating!  :P

On 8/14/2018 at 2:31 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

I consider it as deposit since I'll be mobile next week :P

And six posts today.  Hmmm.

Should we worry, folks?  Is she planning to take over the forum?  :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Arcadia said:

🤔 Where have I heard that before …. oh yeah. Now you're repeating yourself. I'm starting to worry about you, Carol. 😁

Starting?  I've been repeating myself for years.  It beats quoting anybody else!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh, I've been worried about VBS since she got here. Her typing has a shifty look about it. And always trying to learn the secret handshake. Ooops, did I say that? There is no secret handshake, folks, honest! Slip of the fingers! :whistle: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oh, I've been worried about VBS since she got here. Her typing has a shifty look about it. And always trying to learn the secret handshake. Ooops, did I say that? There is no secret handshake, folks, honest! Slip of the fingers! :whistle: 

You have to know the right people to learn the handshake and none of us on here are it, at least the last time we checked. We were too crazy or something like that. Maybe not high-functioning enough in our sociopathic tendencies or we saw but did not observe at the right moment.

Or, like John Watson, we can't keep a secret..... :blink: 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 3:49 AM, Arcadia said:

Oh, I've been worried about VBS since she got here. Her typing has a shifty look about it. 

Didn't I always behave??

I am in the middle of travelling and as for now I'm using phone to be here and it seems fine so far, like old time sake. Hopefully it continues to do so.

Anyway, is there a way to read you guy's status easily on mobile version? I don't see any on the thread. Well maybe if I click on username then it'd appear.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:03 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

You need 83 more posts.  At two per day, and only on weekdays, that's slightly over eight weeks, a bit less than two months -- sometime in early October.

For the past ten days, VBS has made an average of three posts per day, leaving her only 53 posts from the magic 5,000.  At this rate, she'll get there in only 18 more days, or the 30th of this month.  Go, VBS!!!

On 8/6/2018 at 10:23 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

Per VBS's suggestion in another thread, Tim has set up a new rank.  It has no specific name, because when you get to 5,000 posts, you get to make up your own name for it.  At least five of you (T.o.b.y, Arcadia, Camper, J.P., and Pseud) are currently eligible -- congratulations, guys!  Three others (Fox, sfmpco, and VBS) are very, very close....

For those of you on phones, who can't see the new ranks on people's posts, so far we have the following:

Arcadia

The Crack in the Lens

Camper

Crazy High-Functioning Sociopath

me

John Watson's best friend

Eligible but nothing chosen yet:

J.P.

Pseud

T.o.b.y

... and VBS coming up fast on the inside!

• Like 3

You can, if you prefer, get a phone to show the desktop version btw. Click on the three dots at the top right, scroll down a bit, set the checkmark. Of course this makes things very small probably, but there's always a price. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ooh, thanks!  I didn't realize we could still do that.  Great! :cowdance: This will make some other things possible that I haven't been able to do without dragging out my laptop, which can be awkward.

The box to click is labeled "Desktop Site."

• Like 2

On 8/24/2018 at 11:17 PM, Caya said:

You can, if you prefer, get a phone to show the desktop version btw. Click on the three dots at the top right, scroll down a bit, set the checkmark. Of course this makes things very small probably, but there's always a price. :unsure:

I think it doesn't work for me?

Which one is the 3 dots?

Screenshot_2018-08-27-14-09-59_1.jpg

I have three lines on the top right but it is basically showing activities, accounts, leaderboard and nothing to change the version. Scroll down showed nothing else.

Or this (from Home page):

Screenshot_2018-08-27-14-10-29_1.jpg

But I think it's basically just the way to arrange the format, I don't see anything else/the status but username.

:(

How is the donation for my fake nose coming through?

Those dots should be above your screenshot, to the right of where it says www.sherlock-and-so-on.