Mark Gatiss News

Convict13

I seem to be placing up a lot that Mark is up to lately, so thought perhaps rather than a new topic each time perhaps he should get his own "news" topic.  I couldn't see that one had been done before.

Anyway just thought I would pass on the following link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nmsw7

Actor and writer Mark Gatiss embarks on a chilling voyage through European horror cinema. From the silent nightmares of German Expressionism in the wake of World War I to lesbian vampires in 1970s Belgium, from the black-gloved killers of Italy's bloody Giallo thrillers to the ghosts of the Spanish Civil War, Mark reveals how Europe's turbulent 20th century forged its ground-breaking horror tradition. On a journey that spans the continent from Ostend to Slovakia, Mark explores classic filming locations and talks to the genre's leading talents, including directors Dario Argento and Guillermo del Toro.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Mark Gatiss in the new Dad's Army movie.  Here is the official page if you are interested to know more.  I love Dad's Army such a funny series, so I hope this movie does it justice,  it certainly has a fine cast.  

10426817_352624751582783_165065361549154

• Like 1

More Mark Gatiss news, not too sure if there is anyone from Mumbai on the forum, but if you are, Mark Gatiss is coming your way, you lucky ducks.  

https://www.facebook.com/ComicConIndia/photos/a.176052542426710.38411.173865642645400/857683744263583/?type=1&theater

10636052_857683744263583_241128404945087

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I like how he skirts the issue of Moriarty.  I also like how he handles WhoLock.

• Like 1

I really adore Gatiss.   That's all I have to really add to this.  lol

ETA:  I wonder, do I love Mycroft because of Gatiss or do I love Gatiss because of Mycroft?  Hrm.

• Like 2

I think that the things I really like about Mycroft are things that he shares with Gatiss.  But then there are other things....!

• Like 1

So he confirmed that  it is a "Christmas" special, because I know for a little while there it was a little uncertain,

• Like 1

So he confirmed that  it is a "Christmas" special, because I know for a little while there it was a little uncertain,

As much as he calls it a Christmas special, he still says it's up to the BBC as to when it will be aired.  So hopefully around Christmas time next year versus the summer which happened with some other show Moftiss mentioned some weeks back in an interview.

As much as he calls it a Christmas special, he still says it's up to the BBC as to when it will be aired.  So hopefully around Christmas time next year versus the summer which happened with some other show Moftiss mentioned some weeks back in an interview.

Well, Ben did say 2015 on the Graham Norton show.

That's when Gatiss, Cumberbatch, et al. are kind of expecting the BBC to air it -- sometime around Christmas 2015.  But neither the producers nor the actors really have any say about the air date.  Once it's delivered, the BBC can air it whenever they want.  If the episode has a holiday theme, they will presumably decide to show it during the holidays (my money is still on New Year's Day, 2016), but they have apparently been known to do otherwise once in a while.

Personally I think the one-off episode will be a teaser of sorts - in a 90-minute formate.  Sort of like Many Happy Returns was a teaser - mainly because I don't think it will air consecutively with the main three of S4.  So it has to sort of stand on it's own.  I suppose it's possible for it to have a cliffhanger to drive viewers into a frenzy for the main 3.

It might be a teaser but Mark said that the question of Moriarty will be answered so I'm trusting that he wasn't lying about that.

Yes, and it will probably be answered in the first 5 minutes... Their cliffhangers leave you hanging for 2 years and then they solve it instantly.

• Like 1

Yes, and it will probably be answered in the first 5 minutes... Their cliffhangers leave you hanging for 2 years and then they solve it instantly.

... or not!  :P  I'm still waiting for the complete solution to the S2 cliffhanger.  (Not holding my breath.)

• Like 2

... or not!  :P  I'm still waiting for the complete solution to the S2 cliffhanger.  (Not holding my breath.)

I doubt they will revisit that conundrum, but the point is that they began to address it immediately after the show titles.  

• 2 months later...

Interview with Mark, where he talks about a new role he has  just completed and a little about Sherlock and the upcoming special.  Loving the hair style.   :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11470849/Mark-Gatiss-interview-with-the-Sherlock-actor-for-Coalition.html

Mark_Gatiss_as_Pet_3231800b.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

The League of the Red-bearded Gentlemen......

• Like 6

I just thought of a twist for The Red-Headed League: Sherlock, John, & Mycroft (yeah, yeah I know doesn't do legwork) are in disguise for a case & we see them with there natural red facial hair.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...