Mark Gatiss News

Convict13

Hmmmm... I have seen a lot of Ben lately. Maybe that's why it devaluates...

Or that.... :smile:

This is just cruel.  I was annoyed that I couldn't go to this because I really like Peter Capaldi as the Doctor, but today they announce that Mark Gatiss is coming to Australia for the Doctor Who Festival 2015,  and I simply cannot go.   :(  

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=DRWHO15

• Like 1

A nice interview from the Times Magazine

Gosh, I'm really developing a thing for Mark/Mycroft.

At least he's my age... is it a sign I'm recovering from serious case of Ben fangirling? :wub:

I think there is a bit of queue forming.

Are the novels any good? A came across several of them in a box set. The price was tempting, but I'd like to have several opinions first.

Alas, the only knowledge I have of them is what Convict13 had to say. I'm interested too, though, if anyone else out there has something to add.

If I had any sense I'd check and see if any of the local libraries have one I could test the waters with ...but that would require some effort on my part... :P

I love his use of language and writing style,  it reminds me a lot of the style of Stephen Fry's writing(which I enjoy also).  They are quite naughty novels, so if lots of florid language, sex scenes and  violence are not really your scene then maybe not.  But I found the one I read and it is the only one that I've had a chance to so far very entertaining and quite funny.

• Like 2

I saw that but cannot go :( ,  so I will quietly just cry in the corner of the room.  

I did think this was a bit rude  though 'and in which he stars (somewhat unbelievably) as Benedict Cumberbatch's brother.'  Unbelievable?  You staff writer (hiding away there) are the only unbelievable thing about that story.  

• Like 2

Just because I cannot stop. This person collected an amazing amount of great pictures, about Sherlock and crew, and the link below will get you to some never seen before pics of Mark. Among others this cute drawing:

yr3uz4jl.jpg

To get there you have to copy the link below and remove the space before .ru (the Forbidden Error strikes again)

cytqg.beon .ru/tag/%cc%e0%f0%ea%20%c3%fd%f2%e8%f1%f1/

• 2 weeks later...

OK, was that supposed to be a Jurassic Park reference but he mistakenly said fly instead of mosquito?  Or is it a reference to something else that I am unaware of?

Also, I died at his "It's a bit like making a roux.  For those of you who make white sauce.  I know I don't."  Neither do I, Mark.  Neither do I.

And thank goodness for the peppermint to taste... and then of course he drinks it and declares it "absolutely delicious."

So.... Three Days in the Country... it's a National Theatre production, so why haven't I see it listed on NTL yet?  

tumblr_inline_n6ax9iCl5m1rk0aj8.gif

You mean this:

"The noise, the people"

Well, the same person wrote both -- but note that the copyright notice here says MMIV -- 2004 -- so if there is a connection, it originated with this "documentary."  It's a really good parody of British documentaries, I think, especially the beginning.

Also, Gary Talbot (the young resident whose friend had the Green Death in his drain) is played by Ian Hallard (who played Moriarty's attorney, and is in real life Gatiss's husband).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly current news, but it was just pointed out on another thread that Mr. Gatiss did a live Q&A on reddit a year ago.  I'm still in the process of reading it, and am enjoying it.

This bit particularly caught my attention:

...my writing process is - I tend to do my best when I'm spending an entire day focused on it. Rather than doing little bits at a time. I find that works best. And sometimes, when I'm in the zone, there's nothing like it.  I can't write with music or anything like that, and if I'm interrupted, it sort of breaks the data, so I need to sink into it, really.

... glad to know I'm not the only one (now if I could just be even one-tenth as productive as he is)!

• Like 2