Convict13

Mark Gatiss News

It took me a minute, but I finally recognized Colin Morgan too .... nice to see him again!

I picked up this novel last weekend and have read it already, it was one of those that you wish the bus ride home was longer so you can just sit and read for longer. Funny, naughty and lots of action I loved this,  now I just have to find his only novels. Cannot recommend enough.

gatiss-the_vesuvius_club_fc.jpg

• Like 2

I picked up this novel last weekend and have read it already, it was one of those that you wish the bus ride home was longer so you can just sit and read for longer. Funny, naughty and lots of action I loved this,  now I just have to find his only novels. Cannot recommend enough.

Check eBay.  Tons of his stuff.

• Like 1

I didn't realize Gatiss had written any novels.

Both good articles.  I like what mark says about Sherlock not being a cult show but there are some fans who watch the episodes 30 times.  I think I've watched the episodes more than 30 times in the last 9 months.

• Like 2

I haven't watched all of them that much, but I'm sure I've seen HLV that much or more  I'm to the point where i just to back in for reference.  I haven't sat down and watched a whole one for a while.

They refer to him as an "everyman" actor.  He and Martin Freeman should compare notes -- I really see it as more of a compliment.

• Like 2

No, I can't get it to play either. Is this one of those "regional differences" things, maybe?

Well,there is an "Accept and Play" button that you need to click, to acknowledge that there's "adult" content.  But it doesn't play for me either.  Presumably restricted to the UK.

Are the novels any good? A came across several of them in a box set. The price was tempting, but I'd like to have several opinions first.

Is that Donna from Doctor Who (the actress that is) in The Vote?  Looks like her from the still....

ETA:  Yes, looked it up, it's Catherine Tate.

Are the novels any good? A came across several of them in a box set. The price was tempting, but I'd like to have several opinions first.

Alas, the only knowledge I have of them is what Convict13 had to say. I'm interested too, though, if anyone else out there has something to add.

If I had any sense I'd check and see if any of the local libraries have one I could test the waters with ...but that would require some effort on my part... :P

If anyone is interested, NTL is having encore presentations of Coriolanus later this year into early 2016:

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/ntlout12-coriolanus

Looks like all venues haven't been announced yet.  Presumably more will be listed as we get closer to November.

• Like 3

If anyone is interested, NTL is having encore presentations of Coriolanus later this year into early 2016:

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/ntlout12-coriolanus

Looks like all venues haven't been announced yet.  Presumably more will be listed as we get closer to November.

Do remind us all again later!  I already forget the Christmas Special is only 6 months away!

Will do, I'm sure I'll talk about it plenty.  lol   I mean, Hiddles...

• Like 1

I loved  The Vesuvius Club,  but they are a little naughty. 

Has anyone caught up with Mapp and Lucia in which the wonderful Mr Gatiss plays the part of  "The Major",  it is only a 3 part series,  ah but it is delicious, but not quite enough of Mark on screen for my liking.

It's not fair, the British have all the cool stuff. :(

• Like 1

Thanks, J.P.!   But where are the other parts?  :'(