Welcome to Sherlock Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access, you will need to create an account in order to reply to topics and create topics of your own.
Signing up is quick, easy and FREE, just click on the "Create Account" button to begin. You will need a valid email address in order to sign up, but this will only be used to send you notifications the receipt of which you can customise at any time.

We hope you enjoy your time here!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Series Four Episode Discussion

Blown away by Sherlock series four? can't wait to discuss it? Well we have the place for you!
The discussion thread for "The Six Thatchers" can be found Here
The discussion thread for "The Lying Detective" can be found Here
The discussion thread for "The Final Problem" can be found Here

Photo

Season 4 - what will happen...?!

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 SherlockedCAMPer

SherlockedCAMPer

Consulting Detective

• 4,454 posts
  • Twitter @4himccm
  • LocationMN, USA: Land of the frozen til summer then we melt ;)
  • Favorite series 1 episode:The Great Game
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:The Reichenbach Fall
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Empty Hearse

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

I dont think that Moftiss would leave any "clues" (especially like reflections on glass) for us or anything...

... and when they DO leave clues, they actually tend to be red herrings.  I've never seen such a subtle red herring as that laundry truck in "Reichenbach"!

One of the few that may not have been a red herring (depending on your view of the reveal in TEH) was the squash ball from Reichenbach.  Moftiss tend to be subtle in their clue approach, red herring or not.

• Carol the Dabbler likes this

"Killing me is so 2 years ago."  "I'm a high-functioning sociopath! Do your research!" -Sherlock (This explains so much of what goes through my head but never comes out.) "Should I be impressed?" -Wenceslas S1.3  ~Jenn, Jenny, or Jennifer, not Jen (there's a story to this besides being inspired by Louise)

#42 Bubu

Bubu

Detective Chief Inspector

• 123 posts
  • LocationSlovakia
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:His Last Vow

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

I dont think that Moftiss would leave any "clues" (especially like reflections on glass) for us or anything...

... and when they DO leave clues, they actually tend to be red herrings.  I've never seen such a subtle red herring as that laundry truck in "Reichenbach"!

One of the few that may not have been a red herring (depending on your view of the reveal in TEH) was the squash ball from Reichenbach.  Moftiss tend to be subtle in their clue approach, red herring or not.

Ah yes, I noticed the squash ball when re-watching the show for the 2nd time. But one would have to know what it can be used for in order to name it "a clue" - I doubt that anybody thought the ball was of some importance when they saw Sherlock playing with it... :)

Actually, I never really noticed the truck in "The Reichenbach Fall"...

"You're suicidal, you're allowed chips."

#43 Bendydoodle Cantaloupe

Bendydoodle Cantaloupe

Consulting Detective

• 1,611 posts
  • Twitter @UnoffishaMisha
  • Locationthe deepest depths of a closet in michigan
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:A Scandal In Belgravia

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, they are. In TEH, Sherlock hears voices (well, just John's) while he's investigating that mysterious skeleton. It's not that much of a stretch to assume that it's from drugs -- auditory hallucinations are common when you're high.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Don' t sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. ~George Carlin ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

*AO3*    SH  -  JW  -  JM x    *dA* 

#44 Carol the Dabbler

Carol the Dabbler

Consulting Detective

• 14,706 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Favorite series 1 episode:A Study In Pink
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Sign of Three

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:04 PM

Ah yes, I noticed the squash ball when re-watching the show for the 2nd time. But one would have to know what it can be used for in order to name it "a clue" - I doubt that anybody thought the ball was of some importance when they saw Sherlock playing with it... :)

Somebody either already knew what that type of ball could be used for, or else figured it out pretty quick, because the idea was on the internet within a month or two -- it was first mentioned on this forum on March 5th, and I'd heard about it before that.  But, as you say, that certainly wasn't the first thing that popped into my head when I watched the episode.

I assume you mean that the truck didn't seem important to you either, something like the ball?  I didn't notice it at first either, because I was looking for a different kind of truck.  Escape by garbage truck had been quite a cliche on American television in the 80's.

• Bubu likes this

-- Carol

#45 Bubu

Bubu

• 123 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:01 PM

Somebody either already knew what that type of ball could be used for, or else figured it out pretty quick, because the idea was on the internet within a month or two -- it was first mentioned on this forum on March 5th, and I'd heard about it before that.  But, as you say, that certainly wasn't the first thing that popped into my head when I watched the episode.

I assume you mean that the truck didn't seem important to you either, something like the ball?  I didn't notice it at first either, because I was looking for a different kind of truck.  Escape by garbage truck had been quite a cliche on American television in the 80's.

Wow, okay...

Yes, I re-watched the scene carefully again and - yeah - I get that people thought the truck was involved. :)

"You're suicidal, you're allowed chips."

#46 sherlockandjohn

sherlockandjohn

Detective Chief Superintendent

• 1,360 posts
  • Facebook Facebook
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

I am trying my best to keep an open mind about the next series, seeing as series 3 really took me by surprise (and shock). I'd rather not be as shocked next time around - and I don't think I will be. TEH and HLV served as eye-openers for me that most anything could happen.

I really cannot, or don't dare to, predict whether or not Mary will die. I do predict, however, that it won't happen in the special. Maybe in the last episode of series 4, but no sooner than that. I think there is to be more development on her character first, and I wonder if her past might catch up with her somehow.

I think there might be more casework again. The last series we had an episode revolving around Sherlock's return and reunion with John, and one revolving around John and Mary's wedding. With that out of the way, there should be plenty of opportunity for a more case-oriented (if not case-based) series.

• Carol the Dabbler and Shadow Dweller like this

You risk your life just to prove you're clever - Why would I do that? - Because you're an idiot.

#47 Ruthyone

Ruthyone

• 949 posts
  • Twitter @ruthyone
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:19 AM

You never know what the guys will come up with - but  usually it is thrilling, exciting and creates lots of discussion!

• Shadow Dweller likes this

. . . . . Ruthy 412fda1686eccf0cb6680c2d959171be.jpg

#48 Harpo

Harpo

Trainee Detective Constable

• 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:30 AM

The one thing you can be sure of is that it will be quite dark .....Watson said as much in a recent interview. Also that I'm in one of the episodes ! Yaaaay!
  • Boton likes this

#49 Arcadia

Arcadia

Consulting Detective

• 11,716 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:23 PM

Well hello, Harpo!!!!! :welcome:

You were in it? Maybe once we've all had a chance to see it, you'd be willing to tell us a little bit what it was like to be there? No pressure! XD

• Boton likes this
It's this, or Cluedo.

#50 Caya

Caya

Consulting Detective

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

Gentle reminder to go to the Six Thatchers thread with episode content, as per forum rules. :wave:

eta: *Real* episode content, that is. If you haven't seen it yet, feel free to keep speculating here, of course. :smile:

Martina

#51 Harpo

Harpo

Trainee Detective Constable

• 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

The 3rd ep is also being screen at local cinemas this coming Sunday too! Not sure why but if you want to see the ep on the silver screen ( and ahem, me, ) then check hour local screenings !

#52 Carol the Dabbler

Carol the Dabbler

Consulting Detective

• 14,706 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:31 AM

Thanks for the reminder, Harpo. Here in the US it's showing in "selected" theaters (i.e., not many) for a couple of nights a little later in the week. Check your local listings!

-- Carol

#53 Alex the Dabbler

Alex the Dabbler

• 164 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

What will happen?

Spoiler

#54 sherlockandjohn

sherlockandjohn

• 1,360 posts
  • Facebook Facebook
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:39 PM

What will happen?

Spoiler

I've seen this, but I've chosen to ignore it/believe it to be some kind of trick.

You risk your life just to prove you're clever - Why would I do that? - Because you're an idiot.

#55 Arcadia

Arcadia

Consulting Detective

• 11,716 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:11 PM

I choose to regard it metaphorically. :smile:

It's this, or Cluedo.