sfmpco

Benedict Cumberbatch as "Doctor Strange"

Unfortunately, Harry & Sally are pretty meh too, for me. I'm actually a little stumped right now trying to think what romcoms I have found funny besides Hugh Grant movies... there must be something!

Oh, I don't mean I don't think Martin could pull it off, I mean what you just said -- casting directors usually play it safe, probably for a reason. Just like Dreamworks said they'd consider Ben for anything except romantic comedy. Personally think he'd be brilliant at it but I can see why he's not the "obvious" choice. :(

No no no no no no.. I hope BC will never play rom com. Noooooo.. 

I'm sure he can do it, but most romcom sucks and he is too brilliant for that.

I really like his acting in The Imitation Game.

Unfortunately, Harry & Sally are pretty meh too, for me. I'm actually a little stumped right now trying to think what romcoms I have found funny besides Hugh Grant movies... there must be something!

Love Actually is a good romcom imho.

Love Actually is one of my all-time favorite movies! But I was trying to think of something that didn't have Hugh Grant in it .... :D I know there's some out there, I just know it.....

• Like 1

Sounds like they've given up on all the Freemans (Freemen?), then.

I'm still nervous about Dr. Strange. I finally saw the new Avengers movie a few days ago (disappointed; TOO much action!) and the scenes where Wanda uses her magical powers ... were ... really (really) hokey. It just didn't work. She looked silly, waving her arms around. Still, this movie was really about the hi-tech glories of Stark Industries, so maybe the "magic" just suffered by contrast. But I cringed. And Wanda was always one of my favorite characters, so that's not it.....

Nervous, nervous, nervous .....

I wonder if Clea will be in this movie, I haven't seen any mention of casting her. Always loved Clea too....

• Like 1

I'm sure Benedict wouldn't take on a role without checking out the script first  - and if it's a strange geeky role, he will make it brilliant!

• Like 1

Oh, it's not the script I'm worried about, it's the visual effects!

One thing for sure, this movie is going to have a powerful cast ...

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2015/06/chiwetel-ejiofor-joins-benedict-and-tilda-in-doctor-strange/

• Like 2

Looking forward to more news about it........

:toss:  :lovedoc: 

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2015/06/chiwetel-ejiofor-joins-benedict-and-tilda-in-doctor-strange/

There have even been conjectures that Martin Freeman's Marvel-universe character will make an appearance (though those conjectures seem to be based on various rumors as to who that character might actually be).

There have even been conjectures that Martin Freeman's Marvel-universe character will make an appearance (though those conjectures seem to be based on various rumors as to who that character might actually be).

Just like Dr. Strange was going to make an appearance in Avengers 2 and I sat through all of the credits for nothing?  ;)

• Like 2

Yup.  ;)   Beware of rumors -- and the internet seems to consist of little else some days.

• Like 1

Oh, and me when I found out they cut Loki's scene:

EQICn.gif

• Like 1

Oh, and me when I found out they cut Loki's scene:

EQICn.gif

So, Sitty, what's it like to be a panda? :p

I'm not sure I got that. Was it snark or something else?

• Like 1

That last bit under the HOB gif I think was meant as a good old-fashion snarky joke.

• Like 2

Being a panda is great, Arcadia!  Look how cute I am!  Even when I'm destroying things...

• Like 3

The concept art makes Dr. Strange look about 20 vs. someone going on 40 in another year.  It's cool looking in spite of that.

Or is it cool looking because of that? :D

Or is it cool looking because of that? :D

Either way works for me. :)

• Like 1

I believe it buys you extra time and people are more tolerant when you destroying things while looking like a panda. :lol:

• Like 3

You also look cute instead of like a total jerk.

• Like 2