Error when liking posts

sittything

I'm suddenly getting an error when liking posts.  I can like/unlike them, but have to refresh to see that I've done so and it says there was a problem storing my reputation vote.  

:wacko:

But your "Like" vote really is counted, right?

I've been getting that a lot lately.  I click "Like" and then just about simultaneously it says that I like the post and that error message comes up in a little box.  I've never had to refresh to see the results, though.

What about the rest of you?

It does allow me to like things, it just no longer shows up immediately and I have to refresh, after closing the error box.  This just started today for me.

It's working fine on my phone (just tested it), but I use Tapatalk there.

I haven't noticed any liking errors at all on either my laptop or via tapatalk on my iPhone.  Occasionally I max out on like votes for the day and that's it.

• Like 1

It happened to me awhile ago, on my phone.

I was subsequently offended, alarmed and quickly looked around with panic (wait.. what.. have I done anything funny to compromise my reputation?!?).

I think after logged off it was fine.

• Like 1

Logging out and then logging back in (also closed the tab for good measure) worked for me!  Thanks, Van Buren!

• Like 2

But your "Like" vote really is counted, right?

I've been getting that a lot lately.  I click "Like" and then just about simultaneously it says that I like the post and that error message comes up in a little box.  I've never had to refresh to see the results, though.

What about the rest of you?

That's what I get, usually when my laptop is multi-tasking. Apparently it's no better at doing that than I am.

• Like 1

Perhaps a moment of unstable network caused this error? Like your 'instruction' get sent more than once. The first one was a success but then rapidly followed by the second. Since we cannot 'Like' more than once then the error page came up. To think about it, such thing happen to me mostly when on mobile.

Edit: stumbled into this http://invisionmodding.com/topic/50181-resolved-unable-to-use-the-like-this-button-in-individual-posts-for-321/

You may be right about the reason for the weird error messages.  It doesn't seem to be consistent, at any rate.

That link deals with people being unable to Like anything at all because that forum's daily limit was accidentally set to zero.  I don't believe anyone here is getting that error by mistake, but some of us have been getting a different message, saying "there has been a problem with recording your vote" or something of that sort.

• Like 1

Right.  Sounds like they didn't know how to fix it either.  Though it seems like ours actually works most of the time, just thinks it doesn't.

• Like 1