Favorite director

Detective

I don't know if we already have this threat. I didn't find any like this so here we go.

My favorite directors are:

Martin Scorsese

Quentin Tarantino

Christopher Nolan

David Fincher

Not too worry, when the moderators appear, they will delete them for you.

I also like Christopher Nolan, his best works are The Prestige, Inception and of course Batman Trilogy.

Like Quentin Tarantino's work Inglorious Bastard and back then, Kill Bill.

Tim Burton with his many collaborations with great actors Johny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter.

Baltasar Kormakur, only know his latest work Everest but love it.

Francis Lawrence with his Constantine and Catching Fire.

Luc Jacquet, March of Penguin.

Sorry somehow this didn't work and then here are now 4 of this threat.

Sorry. I can't delete them...

As Van Buren promised, a moderator has taken care of the extras!

If you (or any of the rest of you) find yourself in this situation again, you can hide your unwanted threads.  There's a Topic Moderation link near the the top of the page, over to the right of the topic title.  Just click on that and you'll see a tiny box that says "Hide."  Click on that, and you'll be asked for a reason -- just say "duplicate" or whatever, then click the Hide button under that.  All gone!  (But if you change your mind, any staff member can unHide the thread for you.)

• Like 2

As Van Buren promised, a moderator has taken care of the extras!

I guess I forget to mention the small price of being mildly electrocuted though. Have you guys waive it? XD

Pulp Fiction, I have to shamefully admit that I haven't watched it. Older works are more difficult to source for me.

• Like 1

Dude, Pulp Fiction is one of the best movies ever made.

It's not really old. And btw, lots of great movies are "old" I think of The usual suspects, Seven, Matrix, The Shawshak Redemption, Goodfellas, The Godfather, Fight Club ... The list could definitely be continued. You get my point.

Many movies of our time are full of action but no quality story blockbuster movies, with much bang bang but nothing behind.

Of course there are really good "new" movies. Inception, The dark knight, Wiplash...

But like I said, many of the best are older.

The next time you watch a movie, watch one of those older ones. Or tell me which genre you like the most, and I'll give you a proposal.

Dude XD XD I didn't say it's old. I said it's older. Not that I don't want yo watch or appreciate it, it's difficult for me to find the dvd..uhm.. legally.

In fact, some of my favorite movie are 'older'. :)

Haha.. XD that's the logic,unless it's done by the same person.

Seems like nobody else has favorite directors eh..

I also like specific work by Roman Polanski The Pianist, Red Cliff by John Woo, and the simplicity of Roberto Benigni's works.

Steven Spielberg is a great director too. For example: Catch me if you can, Schindler's list

I haven't seen any stuff of the Coen Brothers yet... I think... But I also think that I'm going to like them.

I still have to watch the Big Lebowski and No Country for Old Men!

How can I forget Catch Me If You Can and Schindler's List? Yes, I like them both, although I like the book better. Lucky enough to meet and hear stories from a friend, whose mother was an active rebel in one of ghettos, Poldek Pfefferberg was a family friend of them.

I like Spielberg's Jurrasic Park as well and The Terminal.

No Country for Old Men didn't leave a lot of impression for me, except I never look at scuba tank the same way again.

I like Spielberg. Richard Donner has done some films I like. Also Kenneth Branagh: loved Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit & Valkyrie. Tim Burton also does good work.

You want old, John Ford is my favorite director, hands down.

Spielberg is another favorite, and Akira Kurosawa. After that I have trouble remembering who directed what. Peter Weir has done a lot of movies I like. Erm ... Ron Howard. Frank Capra and David Lean. Oh ... does Hayao Miyazaki count? James Cameron's done a lot of movies I liked, although they don't wear as well as some of the others'. Howard Hawks, Robert Wise, William Wyler (I'm reading from a list now :smile: ), Robert Zemekis..... I'm sure there's more.....

Whoa, you are right about old. Isn't John Ford is in silent movie era?

I actually never watched anything that classic.

Cuckoo Nest is as old as it can get for me.

:lol: Not silent era, no, but a lot of John Ford movies were in black and white. My favorite of his, though, is The Searchers. One of the really great movies, imho.

Whoa, you are right about old. Isn't John Ford is in silent movie era?

I actually never watched anything that classic.

Cuckoo Nest is as old as it can get for me.

You mean one flew over the cuckoo's nest?

I really like that one.

Amazing performance of Jack N.

But the end is sad...

I've unfortunately never payed much attention to directors... Probably unfair, since I am sure their work has much more impact on a movie than we tend to be aware of. I noticed a while ago, however, that a lot of films I like were either directed by Lasse Hallström or Ang Lee.

Ang Lee's made some great films, yeah. I know who Hallstrom is, but I think the only film I've seen of his is Gilbert Grape. Which I did like.

I'd actually like to see more of Paul McGuigan's work, I'm so taken with the way he filmed Scandal. I think Scandal is Sherlock's most visually sumptious episode to date.

I don't tend to follow directors as such, though I am occasionally relieved to see some director's name announced for a movie that I'm hoping to like -- as in "Oh, good, he won't screw it up too much!" -- e.g., J. J. Abrams for the upcoming Star Wars.

• Like 2

Some directors I know will do a good job on the film, but I also know that most of their films are not to my odd standards. And depending on the director, I will consider the work high-quality junk.

• Like 1

You mean one flew over the cuckoo's nest?

Yes, that one.

I like Ang Lee's Life of Pi, haven't read the book though but I think the movie is beautiful, especially the scene with whale at night.

Another Asian director, Zhang Yi Mou, for his specific work Flowers of War, it's a gripping artwork that leaves a lot of impressions.

I also really like Duncan Jones's scifi The Moon, it's not a perfect work, but impressive because if I remember correctly, it was his first debut.