Cumberbatch on Sherlock Sex

Pseudonym

Oh, that interview. (fans self) I try not to think about it, because why is it getting so warm in here?

I feel fairly certain Sherlock would be pretty good at whatever he puts his mind to.....

• Like 1

I thought there was something new and was thinking WTF prompted this?!  Then saw it's the old violin fingers article... lol

• Like 1

Sadly not, though I only came across it recently. I figure something like that is always worthy of discussion ;)

• Like 1

Some things, like Sherlock's Stradivarius and vintage wine only get better with age. That interview will never get old, even when Benedict is in his seventies.

• Like 1

We'll all be sitting in a nursing home some day discussing it.  "Remember when Ben said Sherlock would be awesome at sex because... violin fingers.."  lol   

• Like 1

Yea, Nurse Holmes. Shitty bedside manner but my hearing is going anyway. Luckily my eyes are not.  

• Like 2

:lol5: Youse guys.

I thought there was something new and was thinking WTF prompted this?!

Hell, I've been thinking that ever since the old article came out!

Then saw it's the old violin fingers article... lol

Oh, oh, can we start using that as Sherlock's nickname? Old Violin Fingers Holmes!! :rofl:

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but has everyone seen the Benedict Cumberbatch/Reese Witherspoon kiss clip? (I seem to be behind on most things, but ah well.) Kind of falls into sexy Sherlock category, lol.

• 1 year later...

This extremely intriguing thread has not seen any action in a week shy of 2 years.  Since it was posted before my time, I am getting it out of the mothballs . . . Because.  Just trying to, um, *stimulate* some discussion 'round here.  Time to resurrect that age-old conundrum that perhaps did not crop up as often before Benedict started inhabiting Sherlock.  Somehow, it's far easier to accept any of his other interpreters as strictly asexual (in the interests of science) . .but in the 21st century, and with a Sherlock like Ben, who has adeptly proved his masculinity in any number of other projects (including two collaborations to date with Sophie Hunter) . . it does tend to beg the question:

What would Sherlock Holmes be  like in bed? 

You've all read this interview, multiple times, probably, but it was my first time 'round with it.  I plan to enjoy it several more times in the near future.  It doesn't escape my notice that while ostensibly reflecting on what *Sherlock* would do, as opposed to himself, Ben keeps using the pronoun *I*.  Only, it's Ben, not Sherlock, giving the interview.  Naughty Ben knew exactly what he was doing.  'Violin fingers', forsooth!  The 'explosive' ending just about had coffee coming out of my nose.  How appropriate.

Once upon a time (circa 2012, at the height of my Sherlock fandom membership), I concocted the outline of a potential scenario starring Ben & Loo Brealey called 'Sherlock & Molly Go on a Date'.  Tried to find it in the morass of my email archives to no avail.  Must keep digging because I want to see it again.  I named the various points of the evening after Conan Doyle stories, such as "The Sign(ing) of the Check".  The idea was that Dr. Watson (with Mycroft's funds) proposed to help his flatmate navigate the most frightening, inscrutable mystery of all:  Taking a girl on a date.   I never carried on with it past the synopsis stage because Sherlolly was never going to happen, after all.

• Like 1

I have to admit, this is an area where my imagination can't provide a better answer than the one Ben already has.....

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

I have to admit, this is an area where my imagination can't provide a better answer than the one Ben already has.....

The condom testing, haha!!  Sherlock would totally do that.

As to other scientific experiments he would conduct in this area, some of them would not require a sexual partner to actually be present.  I shall say no more.  I've probably already said too much.

7 hours ago, Hikari said:

[....[  It doesn't escape my notice that while ostensibly reflecting on what *Sherlock* would do, as opposed to himself, Ben keeps using the pronoun *I*.  Only, it's Ben, not Sherlock, giving the interview.  [....]

Once upon a time (circa 2012, at the height of my Sherlock fandom membership), I concocted the outline of a potential scenario starring Ben & Loo Brealey called 'Sherlock & Molly Go on a Date'.  Tried to find it in the morass of my email archives to no avail.  Must keep digging because I want to see it again.  I named the various points of the evening after Conan Doyle stories, such as "The Sign(ing) of the Check".  The idea was that Dr. Watson (with Mycroft's funds) proposed to help his flatmate navigate the most frightening, inscrutable mystery of all:  Taking a girl on a date.   I never carried on with it past the synopsis stage because Sherlolly was never going to happen, after all.

Would love to see that -- please do hunt some more!

As for the pronoun "I" -- lots of actors do that when talking about something their characters do, so I don't think it necessarily means anything.  (But please feel free to enjoy your interpretation, of course.)

• 2 months later...

Ah, the famous "violinist fingers" interview. Couldn't help but notice the use of "I". More interesting is the interview where BC talks about how he is "absolutely certain" Sherlock and Irene got it on in Karachi after he saved her. That's a bit weird if you are talking about fictional characters. It would be more in tune if he said "I think" or "I would like to believe" but "absolutely certain"? As well as his "deal with me" comment right after that Also, the tone in which he said it and the sudden change in his posture. The Woman is right about the diguise-no matter how hard you try it's always a self-portrait. Take from that what you will. :-)

I have to go with the same answer Carol gave ... lots of actors refer to their characters and themselves as if they were the same person. I wouldn't put too much store in it, except that it reveals something about their acting method.

12 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I have to go with the same answer Carol gave ... lots of actors refer to their characters and themselves as if they were the same person. I wouldn't put too much store in it, except that it reveals something about their acting method.

I agree, if we are talking about this specific interview. In that other interview I was talking about he didn't use the phrase "I". He was very specifically talking about Sherlock and Irene.