Introverts, how is your day?

On to my next favourite topic then, the weather! :)

I got drenched earlier, literally soaked through. I had rain dripping off my nose, I could have wrung my hoodie out when I got home, and the annoying thing is that it had been warm and sunny all day, when I was stuck inside. :angry:

I actually like rain. Not being drenched by it of course, but under and umbrella or a waterproof coat, I enjoy it very much. 

Of course the best way to spend a rainy afternoon is indoors with a cup of tea. 

• Like 2

Had to endure an in-law invasion recently but got a very nice sweater out of it. Looks like something that nobody except myself (and possibly Molly Hooper) would want. And a lovely cotton / wool blend, no acrylic, polyester etc. Now I hope it stays cold for a while longer so that I have occasion to wear it. 

• Like 2

Do you take inspiration from Molly or just seem to like similar things? I find myself looking for stuff similar to a character's style now and again. 

No, I don't (consciously) take inspiration from Molly. And I think she is actually better dressed than me. I never understood why people think of her as frumpy. But I see similarities in how we dress. 

I did actually buy a raincoat once thinking that it looked like something Mary would wear. But I didn't get it because of that, the thought just amused me. That coat was stolen after just one winter. I am still sad and I want it back. <_<

Hm, I don't see her as frumpy, I'm not quite sure how I'd describe her. I suppose 'eclectic' would be the closest. 

I just think she looks normal. Like a thirty-something professional woman who doesn't follow trends and doesn't need to dress up for her job. Her clothes look like they're pretty high quality. So either she buys second hand or she invests in things that she knows she is going to wear for years. 

(Yeah, I know she isn't actually real. Duh. Just being fannish). 

I think it's her combination of colours and patterns that make me think eclectic. 

I’d say Molly has nice clothes, she just doesn’t always pair them well so it ends up being a bit of an eclectic style that can occasionally look frumpy because of how the clothes hang on her.

• Like 1

I'm trying to juggle the best way of getting a new car since I don't trust the one I'm in now. So awkward, could really do without the added expense. :wacko:

Ha, I just came back from that escape room I was going to, it was good fun. :D 

At the end you had your photo taken (which I always hate, but that's by-the-by), and had a trunk of 'detective' props to use. Guess who picked the deerstalker. :rathbone:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is the answer ...euh.... you?

Good god! You mean the ear-hat that is good for nothing?

Watching Sherlock doesn't teach you anything eh? :P

P.S.. oh wait... how could I forget death frisbee. Okay okay, it's good for something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was me, however did you guess?! :o

One of the other girls couldn't figure out which way to put it on, and I had to bite my lip to keep from making nerdy Sherlock quotes. 'It's got two fronts! It's a ear-hat, John!'

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 4:01 PM, Pseudonym said:

I'm trying to juggle the best way of getting a new car since I don't trust the one I'm in now. So awkward, could really do without the added expense. :wacko:

Tell me about it... We're still looking after the old car had to be taken off the road. And I know nothing about cars, I am pretty scared of being screwed over by a salesman. 

That's the thing, you've got to trust what people are telling you and there's no real way of knowing. I'm probably going to get one on Saturday, but I want one with a decent warranty, and the car I want only comes with 30 days. :wacko:

If you know of a trustworthy repair shop, arrange to take the car there for a looking-over right away, while you could still return it. If the seller won't agree to that, they may have something to hide.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

If you know of a trustworthy repair shop, arrange to take the car there for a looking-over right away, while you could still return it. If the seller won't agree to that, they may have something to hide.

That's definitely the best way of doing it. Unfortunately, the only garage here is affiliated with the dealership. My parents' garage that we know to be 100% trustworthy, is too far away to take the car there before buying it. So what I guess we will do is have them take a look as soon as possible after the purchase, because if they find something and it's early enough, the seller would have to prove we did it or fix it free of charge.

• Like 1

That sounds reasonable.  Or you could go car-shopping over near your parents' home, and have their garage check out the car.

TOBY, do you have DEKRA in your area? They are not affiliate with anybody and here where I live, I don't even need an appointment for the technical examinations (TÜV/ASU)

PS: not wanting to be screwed was the reason why I went for a new car. 7 years without a single problem, even the exhaust pipe and the wipers are all the original ones. (knocking on wood!!!!)

Sigh... My old car was already 5 years old when I got it and it was amazing and perfect (for me) in every single way. I was really hoping it would live to see its 20th birthday but nope, we missed that by a few months. When they told me it was beyond repair, I went whaaaaat? Nooooo!, like one of those relatives shocked by the news that grandma is ill at only 100 years old. 

We have a DEKRA place nearby, that's true. Guess we can take the car there. Good idea, J.P.!

(DEKRA, for all the non-Germans around here, is an organization that inspects cars to make sure they're safe and meet legal standards.) 

I don't think we have anywhere around here that does those kind of standard checks. If I went to my garage and said 'I don't think there's anything wrong but can you check it over' they'd look at me like I was daft. The AA sometimes do checks and guarantees for the garage to say the car is ok, but that's really up to the garage that's selling. 

Well yea, but car savvy and giving it a proper servicing aren't going to be on par. My dad is a retired mechanic, so he'll be able to look for obvious stuff, but he isn't well enough to give it a proper going over. Just need to trust in the garage and his ability to suss it out I suppose. Fingers crossed it all goes well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pseudonym said:

Well yea, but car savvy and giving it a proper servicing aren't going to be on par. My dad is a retired mechanic, so he'll be able to look for obvious stuff, but he isn't well enough to give it a proper going over. Just need to trust in the garage and his ability to suss it out I suppose. Fingers crossed it all goes well. 

I'll keep them crossed for you. And I should think that if you show up with an obviously knowledgeable person in two, the seller will be less likely to try to cheat you. 

• Like 2