Welcome to Sherlock Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access, you will need to create an account in order to reply to topics and create topics of your own.
Signing up is quick, easy and FREE, just click on the "Create Account" button to begin. You will need a valid email address in order to sign up, but this will only be used to send you notifications the receipt of which you can customise at any time.

We hope you enjoy your time here!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Lifting The Ban on Series Four Spoilers.

As it has now been a decent amount of time since the airing of series 4 of Sherlock we feel it is prudent to relax the ban on discussion of series 4 episodes in the general Sherlock discussion areas.

We would ask that members continue to keep within the bounds of topic titles and subjects, in order to make it easier for people to choose which discussions they wish to view.

Photo

Sherlock's Fun Facts and Trivia

• Please log in to reply
623 replies to this topic

#621 J.P.

J.P.

Consulting Detective

• 4,892 posts
  • Twitter @jp30567
  • LocationGermany
  • Favorite series 1 episode:A Study In Pink
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:The Reichenbach Fall
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:His Last Vow

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

Yes it was. And - of course - he's got a lot of flak for posting elephants before S4. At least enough flak to make him post a statement that he's sorry if someone was misled, but he posted them, because he likes elephants. Well, I warned him he's playing with fire, but he didn't listen :P Or he knew this and was trolling the conspirators. :naughty:

Another fun fact:

In this picture of Ian from Dr Who episode, he's wearing the wig used for Ben's stunt double from Sherlock. Next curious case of creative recycling.

C6K3nHOXEAAxJDF.jpg

• Carol the Dabbler, Arcadia and Van Buren Supernova like this

Where's your heart - there's your treasure.
221C-Sherlock's Cellar - My designs for Sherlock Fans who don't want to be too obvious

#622 Van Buren Supernova

Van Buren Supernova

Consulting Detective

• 3,514 posts
  • Favorite series 1 episode:The Great Game
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:A Scandal In Belgravia
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Final Problem

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

Interesting. Does Ben use his wig exclusively?

I suppose that is real-haired wig. It looks good, so should be high quality one and costly. I remember reading Cersei Lannister's wig cost 7k, but that is very delicately made.

I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

I'm not sweet; I'm just high.

#623 J.P.

J.P.

Consulting Detective

• 4,892 posts
  • Twitter @jp30567
  • LocationGermany
  • Favorite series 1 episode:A Study In Pink

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

Don't know, I have a blurred memory of a "Sherlock" wig at the first Sherlocked. Ben having his own wig - could be - he has a huge head :D And those things ARE expensive. Here is a little video, it's in German, but there must be plenty of them in www. So I'm not surprised they re-use them as long as they last.

• Van Buren Supernova likes this

Where's your heart - there's your treasure.
221C-Sherlock's Cellar - My designs for Sherlock Fans who don't want to be too obvious

#624 SherlockedCAMPer

SherlockedCAMPer

Consulting Detective

• 4,543 posts
  • Twitter @4himccm
  • LocationMN, USA: Land of the frozen til summer then we melt ;)
  • Favorite series 1 episode:The Great Game
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Empty Hearse
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Lying Detective

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:58 AM

Benedict goes between his own hair and a wig depending on length of his hair when filming (e.g. the longer hair of his Hamlet fit in well with filming Doctor Strange (longer more Sherlock-length hair for most of it) followed by filming Sherlock.
  • Carol the Dabbler and Van Buren Supernova like this

"Killing me is so 2 years ago."  "I'm a high-functioning sociopath! Do your research!" -Sherlock (This explains so much of what goes through my head but never comes out.) "Should I be impressed?" -Wenceslas S1.3  ~Jenn, Jenny, or Jennifer, not Jen (there's a story to this besides being inspired by Louise)