Detective

Recently watched movies

5 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Not sure if this belongs here or in BC news. Trailer of Mowgli with BC as Shere Khan... I really don't like the look of it. :(

Oooo. I do. :wub: 

59 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Well the thing in the spoiler box is an exaggeration for humorous effect, but I understand what you mean.  :smile:  I would still recommend it though.  It is... an experience.

I agree. That's the perfect way to describe it. Unless you just don't like superhero movies, which I can understand; most of them get a little tiresome. But this is one of those movies that just stayed with me for days, and that doesn't happen often. I want to see it again too, for the same reason you mentioned, Artemis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arcadia said:

Oooo. I do. :wub: 

Really? I thought you weren't a fan of "dark" movies. 

17 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Not sure if this belongs here or in BC news. Trailer of Mowgli with BC as Shere Khan... I really don't like the look of it. :(

As long as there's no singing and dancing in this one, it'll be an improvement over that other one. Shame they didn't do Kim instead though.

Avengers: Infinity War - 8/10

Deadpool 2 - 8/10 (this is a funny movie. But it also had heart and some depth. But really it was about the laughs. It is really funny, IF this is your type of humor. Also the after credit scene might be the best ever! That’s not an overstatement. I loved it.)

14 hours ago, T.o.b.y said:

Really? I thought you weren't a fan of "dark" movies. 

It's the Jungle Book, how dark can it be? :) 

Tiger vs boy? Especially when the tiger is Khan squared! 😉

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

It's the Jungle Book, how dark can it be? :) 

Have you seen the trailer? I lost interest after that even though BC is of course the perfect voice actor for Sheer Khan. 

Oh, you mean dark as in "not much light"! :D No, seriously, in spite of the warning at the beginning, it doesn't look that dark to me. "Dark" to me is more things like the good guys being just as bad as the bad guys, things like that. So unless they depart an awful lot from the book, I don't have too many worries.

Admittedly I haven't read the book, does it end with him going back to the human village? Because if so this seems to be set after that? What happens to Shere Khan in the book, is he killed?

Finally watched the "Mowgli" trailer.  It looks pretty good, but a touch too depressing for me.

21 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Admittedly I haven't read the book, does it end with him going back to the human village? Because if so this seems to be set after that? What happens to Shere Khan in the book, is he killed?

In the book, boy Mowgli kills the tiger and then returns to the jungle. The narrator says he stayed there until he became a man but that this was a different story. That's the end. 

So this looks to be his final face off then so he can return to the jungle...? That's how I'm reading the trailer anyway.