Detective

Recently watched movies

1 hour ago, Pseudonym said:

... anyone seen Primal Fear? That's a damn good film, but really it's only the ending, and Edward Norton's fantastic acting that make it so brilliant. 

Nope, haven't, but this is weird.  My brother was here (just left), and he was talking about how much he likes Edward Norton.

We had gotten into it because I mentioned that Yogi Bear's vocal mannerisms are a take-off on Art Carney's character in The Honeymooners, Ed Norton.  High-class intellectual, that's me!

Don't know the connection (nor The Honeymooners). Did Ed Norton voice Yogi Bear at some point?

No, sorry, I'm adding a couple of links back there.  Ed Norton was a character in The Honeymooners sitcom from the 50's, played by Art Carney.  Yogi Bear was clearly based on Norton, especially the way he talked.

Oh right, no wonder it went over my head. 

• Like 1

Yup, way too intellectual for you.  ;)

• Like 1

So mean. 😭 

But since I wasn't around in the '50s I don't feel too bad about missing the point.

• Like 1

Having watched about 2 or 3 episodes of the honeymooners, plus all of the commercials for its reruns, I’m not surprised that Yogi Bear was based off Art Carney’s iconic character.

I've read a couple reviews of "Skyscraper", they're almost identical to  yours, VBS. I'd like to see it, there's just something about "The Rock" that I really enjoy. Which is weird because normally I hate that kind of thing. Maybe because he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously?

Last night I watched "The Man Who Knew Too Much" and kept thinking, if they ever do a remake, Cumberbatch would be perfect for the Jimmy Stewart role. I rather enjoyed the film (even Doris Day didn't bother me as much as she usually does), but it had a cheesy ending. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

I like him too, I think he has those fun charisma, and yes, maybe because he doesn't take himself too seriously. Anyway I like him since WWE times, used to watch some of it back then, before internet was common and we relied on what being shown on TV XD

I saw trailer of Venom and happy that Tom Hardy would star in it. I like him too, in very not shallow way, he loves dogs and he has sexy lips ... Oh I mean I enjoy his movies.

• Haha 1