The Game is ON

Raspppberyl

Hello fellow Sherlockians,

I'm Ras. I'm 23F and from London, UK.

I haven't been on a forum (at least not properly) since I was in my teens so I guess let's give this all another go.

I suppose I should explain why I'm here, although the answer should be fairly easy to 'deduce', I'm a Sherlock fan. I watched the TV series, half heartedly, a couple of years ago - So I was already late to that party, let's say "fashionably late" shall we? ;D

I decided to watch it again, properly, this year and have re-watched it numerous times since... I might have a mild addiction here. 

I hope to get to know you all and make lots of Sherlock friends! 

• Like 4

Hey, Ras -- welcome to Sherlock Forum! :welcome:

It's great to have a real Londoner here. Have you been around to the locations -- Speedy's, Bart's, and so on?

• Like 1

Hey, Ras -- welcome to Sherlock Forum! :welcome:

It's great to have a real Londoner here. Have you been around to the locations -- Speedy's, Bart's, and so on?

Hi Carol, thanks for the warm welcome! 

I haven't been to all the locations yet. For example St Bart's and Speedy's are typically quite busy as they are fairly iconic in Sherlock but I have been to Russell Square Gardens, where it all began with John Watson running into Mike Stamford, I've also been through Chinatown on numerous occasions. I've been to the real 221b Baker Street which has the Sherlock Holmes museum and then The Tower of London (and honey you should see me in a crown) ;P

I really want to get onto the rooftop of St. Bart's and also that of 55 Whitehall as well (The Empty Hearse) but it's near impossible to get up there unless you have friends in high places... 

• Like 1

Russell Square is lovely, isn't it? (Just don't try to use the stairs at the tube station. I learned the hard way that they're **very** long!)

You might try Speedy's at mid-morning, when they're not quite so busy. I can personally vouch for the Watson wrap and the chips.

Welcome,Raspppberyl! Glad to have you aboard. One question: how does one go about watching Sherlock "half-heartedly"? :P

Hope you jump right into the discussions, there's always something going on around here. :welcome:

Welcome to the great forum Raspppberyl! I love your avatar. ^__^ London is one of the places where I would really like to visit someday. Maybe soon..

Russell Square is lovely, isn't it? (Just don't try to use the stairs at the tube station. I learned the hard way that they're **very** long!)

You might try Speedy's at mid-morning, when they're not quite so busy. I can personally vouch for the Watson wrap and the chips.

Haha I'm kind of used to long staircases to be honest with you, I've done those before in tube stations and my friend lives on a 4th floor apartment and there isn't an elevator!

I will look into that, maybe on my next day off work I'll stop by then!

Welcome,Raspppberyl! Glad to have you aboard. One question: how does one go about watching Sherlock "half-heartedly"? :P

Hope you jump right into the discussions, there's always something going on around here. :welcome:

Well at the time I was watching it I was seeing someone and well let's just say we would get "distracted" whilst watching... 

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome to the great forum Raspppberyl! I love your avatar. ^__^ London is one of the places where I would really like to visit someday. Maybe soon..

Thank you! I found it online to be honest with you, I hope to make my own avatar at some point soon! 

Oh you so should, London is a great place to visit, it's a little daunting for a tourist sometimes though, it's so very busy sometimes.

Welcome! Make yourself right at home.

Thank you! It's nice to be around people who understand the addiction haha

• Like 1

Meant to mention before -- love your signature line!

Regarding the stairs in the Russell Square tube station -- they aren't merely long, they're *interminable*. I hate elevators, so I started down those stairs without a second thought. And down. And down. And aren't we there yet? When I *finally* got down to the platforms, there was a sign warning people not to go *up* the stairs, because they're equivalent to a 15-story building. Now they tell me!

After this, I'll just use a different tube station. Seriously!

Meant to mention before -- love your signature line!

Regarding the stairs in the Russell Square tube station -- they aren't merely long, they're *interminable*. I hate elevators, so I started down those stairs without a second thought. And down. And down. And aren't we there yet? When I *finally* got down to the platforms, there was a sign warning people not to go *up* the stairs, because they're equivalent to a 15-story building. Now they tell me!

After this, I'll just use a different tube station. Seriously!

Haha thanks, I've been experimenting with it as a possible tattoo idea to be honest :) 

Wow, that's pretty long! I went up a long flight of stairs in a tube station once, I honestly can't remember which station but I'm certain it wasn't as long as that haha! I've gotten quite used to elevators, I used to be incredibly claustrophobic but there are far too many people living in London it helped me get rid of my phobia :) 

With me, it's not claustrophobia, it's the thought of what if the power goes off while I'm in that stupid thing.  I'd far rather climb a few (note: a few) stairs than risk that happening.  I do make an exception when I'm taking my mother somewhere, since she's not really capable of climbing stairs these days, but that's about it.

I don't go very high up in a building, either, for roughly the same reason.  I was once invited to an event in New York, and was actually thinking of going (even though I'm not fond of that city) till I noticed it was on the 100th floor of the World Trade Center.  Guess I was proved right about that (though not till many years later).

Well at the time I was watching it I was seeing someone and well let's just say we would get "distracted" whilst watching... 

Thanks for the welcome!

:lol5:

With me, it's not claustrophobia, it's the thought of what if the power goes off while I'm in that stupid thing.  I'd far rather climb a few (note: a few) stairs than risk that happening.  I do make an exception when I'm taking my mother somewhere, since she's not really capable of climbing stairs these days, but that's about it.

I don't go very high up in a building, either, for roughly the same reason.  I was once invited to an event in New York, and was actually thinking of going (even though I'm not fond of that city) till I noticed it was on the 100th floor of the World Trade Center.  Guess I was proved right about that (though not till many years later).

That's fair enough, I'm not really afraid of much any more. Living in a place like London will either make or break you I find haha haha

Hi Raspppberyl, welcome to the forum, nice to see you have been posting around.

Hmm..I wonder if in the future you'll have difficulty remembering how many p-s in your name. I had similar user name pattern once for other website, and couldn't recover the account after lost touch for a while.

So, to learn (or not XD) from the mistake I changed it to 42 characters gilberish that makes no sense and I never forget it since. :p It comes in handy because no 'friends' or busybody collagues can ever find my social media account.

So I suppose you have known better now and push that someone off the chair whenever he/she tries to distract you during Sherlock? Hmmmm? :)

Btw, cool signature and nice cheekbone on the avatar.

Hi Raspppberyl, welcome to the forum, nice to see you have been posting around.

Hmm..I wonder if in the future you'll have difficulty remembering how many p-s in your name. I had similar user name pattern once for other website, and couldn't recover the account after lost touch for a while.

So, to learn (or not XD) from the mistake I changed it to 42 characters gilberish that makes no sense and I never forget it since. :P It comes in handy because no 'friends' or busybody collagues can ever find my social media account.

So I suppose you have known better now and push that someone off the chair whenever he/she tries to distract you during Sherlock? Hmmmm? :)

Btw, cool signature and nice cheekbone on the avatar.

Thank you for the warm welcome. 

I'm certain I won't forget it, I have always had trouble finding a username on websites that wouldn't be taken already so my username stems from a game character (Raspberyl from Disgaea 3), to make it more 'individual' I added in the extra two p's in order to ensure the username would never be taken on whatever forum or website I joined up to, I've been using this username for years now haha

I protect my accounts with strict privacy and little public information about myself on social media... Nothing but the basics.

Oh yes, I've definitely learnt my lesson, no more pupils dilating and pulse quickening for me when it comes to attempts of distractions. Not that the person I was referring to is in my life any more, they broke my trust and are unworthy of my friendship (and any other 'perks' they acquired) now haha :) 

Thank you, as I mentioned a little further up, I've been experimenting around it as a possible tattoo idea. The avatar I found online, I really liked it so decided to use it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...