Welcome to Sherlock Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access, you will need to create an account in order to reply to topics and create topics of your own.
Signing up is quick, easy and FREE, just click on the "Create Account" button to begin. You will need a valid email address in order to sign up, but this will only be used to send you notifications the receipt of which you can customise at any time.

We hope you enjoy your time here!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Lifting The Ban on Series Four Spoilers.

As it has now been a decent amount of time since the airing of series 4 of Sherlock we feel it is prudent to relax the ban on discussion of series 4 episodes in the general Sherlock discussion areas.

We would ask that members continue to keep within the bounds of topic titles and subjects, in order to make it easier for people to choose which discussions they wish to view.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Political Thread

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#961 Van Buren Supernova

Van Buren Supernova

Consulting Detective

• 4,241 posts
  • Favorite series 1 episode:The Great Game
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:A Scandal In Belgravia
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:His Last Vow
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Final Problem

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:44 AM

Does he have nothing better to do?

Trump's transgender military ban 'not worked out yet

Wtf. WTF.

And they can't even justify the reason. Did she graduate from the same school?
Is there even space left for benefit of doubt about slight intelligence?

"Look, I think sometimes you have to make decisions and once [the president] made a decision, he didn't feel it was necessary to hold that decision," Sanders said when asked why the White House didn't have an answer about active-duty service members.

What is it?
Brat kid playground?
I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.
I said I'd tell you the truth. Didn't say you'd like it.

#962 Surelock

Surelock

Detective Superintendent

• 368 posts
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:The Reichenbach Fall
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Empty Hearse
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Lying Detective

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:26 AM

I get that Trump said that transgenders would be banned out of bigotry but tbh I don't think it's that bad in the long run.

I think the U.S. needs to stop playing world police and one of the keys to achieving that is to decrease the power of the military. Reducing the number of people signing up to join the military is one way of achieving that.

I think a bigger issue is how John McCain who is currently suffering from brain cancer was receiving tax-payer funded healthcare, went on a tax-payer funded trip to Washington to approve of Trump's healthcare bill which would rob poor people of the treatment that he himself is receiving. Republicans are the worst.

#963 Arcadia

Arcadia

Consulting Detective

• 14,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:22 AM

I think they'll just replace people with weapons. If Trump gets his way, we're about to see the biggest build-up in military power since Vietnam. We won't be the world's police, we'll be the world's biggest bully. If we're not there already.

Does he have nothing better to do?

Trump's transgender military ban 'not worked out yet
Wtf. WTF.

And they can't even justify the reason. Did she graduate from the same school?
Is there even space left for benefit of doubt about slight intelligence?

"Look, I think sometimes you have to make decisions and once [the president] made a decision, he didn't feel it was necessary to hold that decision," Sanders said when asked why the White House didn't have an answer about active-duty service members.

What is it?
Brat kid playground?

I think the answer's further down the page ....

... perhaps the administration decided this was a good time to change the subject and rally conservative forces to his side.
Republicans have long used cultural issues as a wedge to divide Democrats and energise evangelicals.
While Mr Trump campaigned as sympathetic to LGBT rights, he needs the traditional religious conservatives to stay loyal to him now, more than ever.

He's not making policy, he's showing off for the crowd.

It's this, or Cluedo.

#964 Van Buren Supernova

Van Buren Supernova

Consulting Detective

• 4,241 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:15 AM

I get that Trump said that transgenders would be banned out of bigotry but tbh I don't think it's that bad in the long run.

I think the U.S. needs to stop playing world police and one of the keys to achieving that is to decrease the power of the military. Reducing the number of people signing up to join the military is one way of achieving that.

Reducing number is one thing, they can just do general cut. But reducing it by targeting one groups is discrimination, and have seen too many ugly impacts of similar practice in many fields. The justifications are not proven, and worse, it seems like it's just statement without concrete reasoning and steps to address to problems or solutions.

Also, imho, there is no way US would reduce the power of military. It's more likely it feels the need to add more. I think as long as no significant countries want to back down or take the initial steps, nobody would cut down their military in fear of being left out with lack of counter power, now that a lot of international relationship are built on shaky ground and world power is starting to shift. And in my own baseless prediction, nobody would take the step in fear of not being followed and ends up having to swallow their words or left without significant military compared to others. Unless it's discussed and agreed collectively, however even with problems as significant as climate, it has a lot of challenges.

He's not making policy, he's showing off for the crowd.

I think he never outlive and still trying to regenerate the 'glorious' time of his campaign instead of doing actual works.
The speech at the scout gathering is wtf, and doesn't he sound like broken record?
And I'm quite happy that they reject his suggestion to rough up suspects. That actually shows how ignorant he is, in the middle of controversial incidents between law enforcers and civilians/suspects. But yes, there are people who still look at whatever he says with sparkly eyes and keep reminding me of how depressing it is to have leader like this.

• Arcadia likes this
I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.

#965 Arcadia

Arcadia

Consulting Detective

• 14,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, that's the worst part of the whole thing for me ... you just know there's people out there who think every word out of his ignorant mouth is gospel. I just keep thinking ... this can't end well. Why why why was this clown able to con so many people....... :cry:

It's this, or Cluedo.

#966 Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover

Detective Chief Superintendent

• 761 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium
  • Favorite series 1 episode:A Study In Pink

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

Because people like him because he doesn't mince words  :rolleyes: .

Anyway, some good news: https://www.theguard...-by-john-mccain Obamacare remains and Anthony Scaramucci got fired https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/07/31/anthony-scaramucci-removed-as-white-house-communications-director/?utm_term=.657dd2e97be6 it created this funny picture Attached File  tumblr_otz568KvRv1uzrrfeo1_1280.jpg   58.73KB   7 downloads

• Arcadia likes this

#967 Arcadia

Arcadia

Consulting Detective

• 14,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

Because people like him because he doesn't mince words  :rolleyes:

I'm afraid you're right. I remember even before the election people were saying they liked him "because he talks like me." Imagine, a whole nation of Trumps .... :(

I did get a good laugh out of the firing of "The Mooch." What a clown he was.

• Van Buren Supernova likes this
It's this, or Cluedo.

#968 Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover

• 761 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:30 AM

https://www.washingt...m=.e0e8d2fae568 jfc this is so horrifying!

#969 Van Buren Supernova

Van Buren Supernova

Consulting Detective

• 4,241 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:27 AM

Yah, he is busy vacationing, making threats and making fun of people instead of actually saying something about the mosque attack or do something worthy.

The other day I read transcripts about the speech at the boy scout's function, transcripts of conversation with Australia and Mexico. It's...amusing.

Does he have ADD? Delusion of grandeur, definitely. I swear I could read the frustration of the other party talking to him.

#970 Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover

• 761 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:28 AM

I doubt he will say something about the mosque attack.

#971 Surelock

Surelock

Detective Superintendent

• 368 posts
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Empty Hearse

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:37 AM

http://www.chicagotr...0812-story.html

Trump blames 'many sides' for the for the violence in Charlottesville protests.

I wonder if these 'many sides' include the neo-nazis?

#972 Arcadia

Arcadia

Consulting Detective

• 14,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

His people are trying to, but those words from the man himself? Not yet. He's supposed to make a speech; who wants to bet he still manages to wriggle of out condemning white supremacy?

I keep wondering; why Charlottesville? It's hardly an enclave of racist activity, they'd have been better off further south. Richmond comes to mind. :P

It's this, or Cluedo.

#973 J.P.

J.P.

Consulting Detective

• 5,531 posts
  • Twitter @jp30567
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:17 PM

I think it was about the R.E. Lee monument that should be removed from it's place?

Where's your heart - there's your treasure.
221C-Sherlock's Cellar - My designs for Sherlock Fans who don't want to be too obvious

#974 Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover

• 761 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

http://www.chicagotr...0812-story.html

Trump blames 'many sides' for the for the violence in Charlottesville protests.

I wonder if these 'many sides' include the neo-nazis?

I doubt it

I think it was about the R.E. Lee monument that should be removed from it's place?

Yes, it was about Lee. He was pro slavery which was why it was going to be removed.

In other news Trump said this: http://www.independe...e-a7893251.html too little, too late and not even sincere.

#975 J.P.

J.P.

Consulting Detective

• 5,531 posts
  • Twitter @jp30567
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

I don't think anybody is believing that he even wrote this text himself. Not to mention meaning it.

• Arcadia likes this

Where's your heart - there's your treasure.
221C-Sherlock's Cellar - My designs for Sherlock Fans who don't want to be too obvious

#976 Arcadia

Arcadia

Consulting Detective

• 14,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:04 AM

I keep wondering; why Charlottesville? It's hardly an enclave of racist activity, they'd have been better off further south. Richmond comes to mind. :P

Okay, I sort of found the answer, although it's mostly speculation: this is their third rally there. At the first one, the police declared it an "unlawful assembly" and arrested a few folks, so Spencer, their leader, vowed to come back again and again in revenge. http://www.jsonline....ists/562088001/

Charlottesville is, like, one of the most liberal cities in the country (big college town), that's why I was puzzled.

It's this, or Cluedo.

#977 Van Buren Supernova

Van Buren Supernova

Consulting Detective

• 4,241 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:15 AM

Watching him self-destruct further and further with his comments and remove all doubt about his level of awareness and intelligence, I keep wondering when people with actual power to do something will say enough is enough.

I thought he could be the media and catalyst for all these idiocy, but have to admit it is so close to the most pessimistic prediction that I had and thought it was just me being unreasonably worried.

This is absurd.
But at the very least I'm glad to see a lot of people stand up for this.
Can't understand why there are still people who think that skin color could make you superior, unless there are indication that they could ride dragon instead of not even have ability above buying Home Depot's Tiki torch.

Would like to see all these superior whites live among their own only and sever all ties with everyone else. I want to see how superior they actually are. Morons.
  • Arcadia likes this

#978 Arcadia

Arcadia

Consulting Detective

• 14,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted Yesterday, 02:29 AM

As disgusting and infuriating as this whole thing has been, I can't help but wonder if it's actually a good thing to have it all come out. I'm hoping some of those people who voted for Trump but don't really follow him will finally realize what an utter toad he is. Although ... I've noticed all my Republican friends on Facebook have either resorted to posting fluffy animal pictures, or simply gone silent.

Either way, I have to imagine it's getting harder every day for them to simply ignore what a sorry excuse for a human being Donald Trump really is.

It's this, or Cluedo.

#979 Fantasy Lover

Fantasy Lover

• 761 posts
  • LocationGhent, Belgium

Posted Yesterday, 12:38 PM

https://www.cnbc.com...conference.html GREAT, just what we needed victim blaming :eyeroll:

And you know things are messed up when even freaking Mitt Romney has more sense than the US president

f621434da248980c81f007ec421df8a1.jpg
  • Arcadia likes this

#980 Arcadia

Arcadia

Consulting Detective

• 14,723 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted Today, 12:34 AM