Good Old Times

I know the se30 had one so sometime by the late 80's to early 90's they were in existence.

OK, according to Wikipedia's "computer mouse" page, despite a number of earlier computers having been available with mice, they "remained relatively obscure until the appearance of the Macintosh 128K ... in 1984."

• Like 1

My dad's school didn't have macs back then just the IIe's so that would explain why I didn't see one til a few years later.

Yes.. I think arrow and Control, Shift or something. 

I remember first time using mouse,  I was like an awkward baby deer trying to fly, with my brother yelling in the background, move that, no, wrong, wrong! That way, no, no! What is wrong with you?  :P

And I also remember first time (and last) trying to use Mac's mice, when I borrowed my friend's for editing my resume. Don't remember what version, but why on earth they only have one button..without middle scroll, why why why..and then promptly deleted big chunk of my resume, again, baby deer trying to fly with flapping hind legs.

And I remember earlier mouse came with ball (okay this doesn't really sound right), one day, my colleague hid my mouse's ball (I am immature I'm giggling) and sent me quite berserk trying to make it work for good few minutes.

• Like 1

Don't all mice have, umm, balls?  (Restraining myself from saying "no, only the boys.")  I mean isn't the underneath side of a mouse something called a trackball?  Or am I woefully behind the times?

I've been using a touchpad for years, even on our old desktop, ever since Alex switched to one because using a mouse had given him carpal tunnel syndrome.  I love my touchpad.  :wub:

There are ball-less mouse (and not necessary girls :p), those optical mouse, using light detector, both wireless or wired mouse.

Well, unless they have tiny balls I can't see. (Not joking!! Well, a bit. :p I mean, maybe technically there is some kind of trackball inside? Not sure)

• Like 1

The original mice had track balls that could be easily removed. To a degree I like the optical mouse, but it is so picky on the type of surface you use it on. I use my laptop's touch pad. It's brilliant.