Welcome to Sherlock Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access, you will need to create an account in order to reply to topics and create topics of your own.
Signing up is quick, easy and FREE, just click on the "Create Account" button to begin. You will need a valid email address in order to sign up, but this will only be used to send you notifications the receipt of which you can customise at any time.

We hope you enjoy your time here!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Lifting The Ban on Series Four Spoilers.

As it has now been a decent amount of time since the airing of series 4 of Sherlock we feel it is prudent to relax the ban on discussion of series 4 episodes in the general Sherlock discussion areas.

We would ask that members continue to keep within the bounds of topic titles and subjects, in order to make it easier for people to choose which discussions they wish to view.

Photo
- - - - -

Heya

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jufloara

jufloara

Detective Constable

• 10 posts
  • Favorite series 1 episode:A Study In Pink
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:A Scandal In Belgravia
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Empty Hearse

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

Hi! I'm J and I've been a fan of Sherlock since it aired. I've distanced myself from the fandom this last couple of years but after today's episode I need moral support. Please, someone give me shock blankets.

(On a sidenote: WHAT THE HELL MOFFISS??????)

• Arcadia likes this

#2 Caya

Caya

Consulting Detective

• 2,889 posts
  • LocationVienna
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:The Reichenbach Fall
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Sign of Three
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Abominable Bride

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:13 PM

Hi J and welcome to the forum! :wave: Support, shock blankets and tea and crumpets can be found here. :smile:

• Carol the Dabbler and jufloara like this
Martina

#3 jufloara

jufloara

Detective Constable

• 10 posts
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:A Scandal In Belgravia
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Empty Hearse

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

Thanks! A quick question: what's the regulation on profanity in this forum? Not that I have a particularly naughty mouth but I don't want to get flagged/reported for something so simple as saying f*** or shit. 

#4 T.o.b.y

T.o.b.y

Consulting Detective

• 5,080 posts
  • Favorite series 1 episode:The Great Game
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Lying Detective

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

Thanks! A quick question: what's the regulation on profanity in this forum? Not that I have a particularly naughty mouth but I don't want to get flagged/reported for something so simple as saying f*** or shit. 

As you can see, the software beeps out certain words.

There's also a spam filter that can cause error messages if you use words or phrases that it thinks are part of an ad. Your post won't go through until you've changed them. Often, these are brand names rather than swear words, though.

• Caya and jufloara like this
"All lives end - all hearts are broken" / "The East Wind takes us all in the end"

#5 Caya

Caya

Consulting Detective

• 2,889 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

The forum mostly takes care of that all on its own. :smile: If you use a word it doesn't like, it either censors it by bleeping it out with **** or won't even let your post go live - the latter of which is mostly related to words and/or phrases it considers likely to be spam, like pertaining to certain pharmaceutical products (more on the topic can be found in this thread).

eta: Beat to it by Toby. :smile: So let me add that unless you start swearing like a sailor and/or try circumventing the swear word filter by creative spellings, you're good to go.

• Carol the Dabbler and jufloara like this
Martina

#6 Carol the Dabbler

Carol the Dabbler

Consulting Detective

• 15,453 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 02 January 2017 - 12:54 AM

If you want an actual rule, what we usually say is approximately, if they couldn't say it on Sherlock, then you'd better not say it on the forum.
  • Caya, Arcadia and jufloara like this

-- Carol

#7 Pawse

Pawse

Detective Superintendent

• 410 posts
  • LocationInside Sherlock's Mind Palace
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Final Problem

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:16 PM

Welcome to the :sherlock: forum! :smile:
Jeremy Brett/David Burke/Edward Hardwicke, Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce, Ronald Howard/H Marion Crawford, Robert Downey Jr/Jude Law,
Douglas Wilmer/Peter Cushing/Nigel Stock, Vasily Livanov/Vitaly Solomin, Benedict Cumberbatch/Martin Freeman