Welcome to Sherlock Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access, you will need to create an account in order to reply to topics and create topics of your own.
Signing up is quick, easy and FREE, just click on the "Create Account" button to begin. You will need a valid email address in order to sign up, but this will only be used to send you notifications the receipt of which you can customise at any time.

We hope you enjoy your time here!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Enola Holmes Film Series

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Artemis

Artemis

Consulting Detective

• 2,277 posts
  • LocationBolt-hole
  • Favorite series 1 episode:The Great Game
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:The Reichenbach Fall
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Empty Hearse
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Lying Detective

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:35 AM

'Stranger Things' actress Millie Bobby Brown to produce and star in film series based on Enola Holmes novels.

"In a deal with Legendary Entertainment, Brown will be starring in a series of films based on the Enola Holmes Mysteries, a YA detective series written by Nancy Springer, in which Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes’ younger sister, Enola, runs away from home after their mother’s disappearance to solve mysteries while eluding Sherlock’s efforts to bring her home."

"The first book in a collection of six is called The Case of the Missing Marquess, and it kicks off the adventures of Sherlock Holmes’s much-younger sister, Enola, who neither he nor his brother Mycroft take very seriously, and they try to ship her off to boarding school after their mother disappears. Enola of course won’t have that, so she runs away and ends up encountering various mysteries and kidnappings to solve. More familiar figures, like Dr. John Watson, show up throughout the series to bring Enola along on her journey to becoming the next top mind in the Holmes family."

Link

That's about all the information available for now.  Thoughts?  Sound interesting?  Has anyone read these novels?

• Carol the Dabbler and HerlockSholmes like this

"Why have I got this blanket?  They keep putting this blanket on me."

#2 Carol the Dabbler

Carol the Dabbler

Consulting Detective

• 18,011 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Favorite series 1 episode:A Study In Pink
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Sign of Three
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Abominable Bride

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:48 PM

That sounds pretty cool. I've read the first few books and enjoyed them. Not sure how "translatable" they are, but certainly willing to give this gal a chance!

I'd never heard of her before, so when I saw that she was also going to produce the show, I assumed she must be in her 20s at least, and wondered how she could ever pass for a teen -- but now I see that she's not quite 14 herself. She's already been nominated for a primetime Emmy, too. So yeah, will certainly go see the movie!

Wonder who they'll get to play Sherlock, Mycroft, John Watson, and the other canonical characters who turn up in the books from time to time? I sure hope they keep them as occasional secondary characters, though. The books are about Enola.

• HerlockSholmes likes this

-- Carol

#3 HerlockSholmes

HerlockSholmes

Detective Chief Superintendent

• 520 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:A Scandal In Belgravia
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Final Problem

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

'Stranger Things' actress Millie Bobby Brown to produce and star in film series based on Enola Holmes novels.

"In a deal with Legendary Entertainment, Brown will be starring in a series of films based on the Enola Holmes Mysteries, a YA detective series written by Nancy Springer, in which Sherlock and Mycroft Holmes’ younger sister, Enola, runs away from home after their mother’s disappearance to solve mysteries while eluding Sherlock’s efforts to bring her home."

"The first book in a collection of six is called The Case of the Missing Marquess, and it kicks off the adventures of Sherlock Holmes’s much-younger sister, Enola, who neither he nor his brother Mycroft take very seriously, and they try to ship her off to boarding school after their mother disappears. Enola of course won’t have that, so she runs away and ends up encountering various mysteries and kidnappings to solve. More familiar figures, like Dr. John Watson, show up throughout the series to bring Enola along on her journey to becoming the next top mind in the Holmes family."

Link

That's about all the information available for now. Thoughts? Sound interesting? Has anyone read these novels?

Sounds interesting Artemis. I’d never heard of the books.
Regards, Herlock
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

#4 HerlockSholmes

HerlockSholmes

Detective Chief Superintendent

• 520 posts
  • LocationWest Midlands
  • Favourite Series 2 Episode:A Scandal In Belgravia
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Final Problem

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

That sounds pretty cool. I've read the first few books and enjoyed them. Not sure how "translatable" they are, but certainly willing to give this gal a chance!

I'd never heard of her before, so when I saw that she was also going to produce the show, I assumed she must be in her 20s at least, and wondered how she could ever pass for a teen -- but now I see that she's not quite 14 herself. She's already been nominated for a primetime Emmy, too. So yeah, will certainly go see the movie!

Wonder who they'll get to play Sherlock, Mycroft, John Watson, and the other canonical characters who turn up in the books from time to time? I sure hope they keep them as occasional secondary characters, though. The books are about Enola.

Carol, are these books aimed at teenagers? Not that it matters but I just wondered.
Regards, Herlock
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact."

#5 Artemis

Artemis

Consulting Detective

• 2,277 posts
  • LocationBolt-hole
  • Favorite series 1 episode:The Great Game
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Lying Detective

Posted 11 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

I believe they are Young Adult fiction, yes.

"Why have I got this blanket?  They keep putting this blanket on me."

#6 Carol the Dabbler

Carol the Dabbler

Consulting Detective

• 18,011 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA
  • Favourite Series 3 Episode:The Sign of Three
  • Favourite series 4 episode:The Abominable Bride

Posted 11 January 2018 - 02:40 AM

I'm not sure what their official age category is, but they're appropriate for children without being simplistic.  And I love the author's portrayal of the canonical characters.

-- Carol