Google’s Sherlock News

HerlockSholmes

On 7/28/2018 at 3:39 PM, HerlockSholmes said:

I have a friend who is in Gloucestershire at the moment visiting his daughter who lives here.........

Prepare for an overload of English rural quaintness guys.

Were it not for the crowds, I'd say that this had to be a shot from an episode of Midsomer Murders . . or maybe Inspector Lewis.  Only, they'd never allow that many people into the shot.

Wouldn't mind living there!

3 hours ago, HerlockSholmes said:

I'd all but forgotten about this. I am the worst at escape room games, don't think I've ever finished a single one.

14 hours ago, Hikari said:

Were it not for the crowds, I'd say that this had to be a shot from an episode of Midsomer Murders . . or maybe Inspector Lewis.  Only, they'd never allow that many people into the shot.

Wouldn't mind living there!

My friends daughter and partner moved there from London. They both work in tv and so are petty well paid I assume. My friend did jokingly complain about their selfishness when they moved because every previous year he’d been able to visit London without having to pay for any accommodation. Bye bye to those days.

Barring a lottery win there’s no chance of me ever living there. I might visit it one day but that’s about it.

11 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I'd all but forgotten about this. I am the worst at escape room games, don't think I've ever finished a single one.

I’ve never been a ‘gamer’ myself but I have friends who are. There have been occasions where I’ve called on them to go out for a drink and I’ve virtually had to tear the console out of his hand. Then there’s a chorus of cheers from the kids as they finally get to have a go.

• Haha 1

Is the next series of Sherlock not as far away as we suspect?

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-08-01/sherlock-season-5-new-series-speedys-cafe/amp/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I'm fully expecting some new episodes.  Sooner or later.

I think so too Carol but when......there's the question. There’s little to look forward to. A new Downey jnr movie is all at the moment (apart from a recently discovered silent version of The Hound Of The Baskervilles, which on here will excite.....well, me😃)

A new traditional Holmes series isn’t on the cards as far as I know.  Perhaps no one wants to follow the magisterial Brett👍It’s a pity someone else doesn’t do a Holmes movie ( maybe another Hound)  We have Elementary (I haven’t gotten around to watching series 4 yet.) We have the female Holmes that I watched the first 30 minutes of but couldn’t continue (i intend  to re-visit though as I seem to recall a Hikari being reasonably positive about it....unless I dreamed it.)

we could be looking at 2 or 3 years for more Sherlock though.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, HerlockSholmes said:

we could be looking at 2 or 3 years for more Sherlock though

So what else is new?  :D

• Like 2

Thanks Arcadia, I’ll probably have a look when it arrives but to be honest I’ve never been keen on anime although I’ve only watched 2 or 3. I’m the the same with Manga really. All those pixie-type faces. Saying that they must have something going for them as they are so popular. My ‘gamer’ friend is, I suspect, about to begin a campaign of trying to convert me to Anime. For every Anime movie he might lend me the ‘deal’ will be that he will have to watch one of my Holmes dvd’s. My first couple for him will be silent movies which will discourage him. I’ll then turn to the ‘big guns’ of an appalling Czechoslovakian Holmes movie that I have and then The Hounds Of London (worst Holmes movie ever made with the worst Holmes ever.) I suspect that he’ll have given up by then😃

• Haha 2

I definitely need to hire a joke writer. That was not a serious suggestion!

However, I hope your friend makes you watch a Miyazaki film. If one of those doesn't make you an anime fan, I suspect nothing will.

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

I definitely need to hire a joke writer.

Me too.  Or (cheaper and possibly more effective) be sure to use an emotie every single time I make a tongue-in-cheek remark.  It's amazing the things people are capable of taking at face value.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2018 at 2:31 PM, J.P. said:

I wrote on FB already, Speedy's have read it in a paper that quoted speculations online. :D And from the makers it's a definitive "maybe" :P 

Want to say "haven't I told you?" Now, as it seems Speedy's reached the level of an insider and the start of S5 is imminent. Internet, your excrescences!  shakehead.gif

download.php?id=89E4A73F1

Aaaaaand…
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/sherlock/news/a863105/sherlock-season-5-mark-gatiss/

What is RIII and what does it have to do with Sherlock?