Google Dr Who news

I'm not a Doctor Who fangirl, but I found this unexpectedly touching . . .

Great cliffhanger. I really wish I could get Dr. Who on my TV.

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, HerlockSholmes said:

Okay, first of all, Twitch, not everyone has the ability to stream video!!!!! And second of all, no, I will not devote 8 hours a day to any show, not even, ahem, Sherlock. So pooh on you, Twitch.

What I really want is for PBS to go back to showing them once a week, at the same time every week, and IN ORDER. I saw the entire (I think) Tom Baker series in order, so I know they can pull it off. But no, even when they bother to show some episodes, it's Matt Smith one week, and Eccleston the next. Grrrrrrrr.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

‘I didn’t know where to post this as there may already be a discussion elsewhere (so as I’ve said many times before, mods, feel free to relocate.)

Ive only seen the first two episodes of the new series (I have the others recorded) but I have to say that I really don’t like Jody Whittaker’s Doctor I’m afraid. To me she appears to be impersonating a hybrid of Smith and Eccleston. So far I just find it impossible to take her seriously. I know that there have been complaints about the various PC issues which have been dealt with in the series so far, and I can see the point of those that feel that they’re almost being preached at, but for me the main issue is that I don’t see the main character has having any weight. Personally I loved Capaldi but I believe that viewing figures are up so I guess that I’m in a minority?

I love Dr Who but I’m certainly not as big a fan as some on here. I’d love to hear others opinions👍

Alas, I have no way to see it so I can't comment. 😞 Someday, I hope.

• Thanks 1