Good Day

And a good day to you, Sheerluck! (nice name :lol:) I hope you like it here, dive right into the discussions!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sheerluck said:

I have been a fan of Sherlock Holmes for most of my life and of the Sherlock series since it first aired. Looking forward to discussing things with like minded persons.

Hi Sheerluck,

Welcome to the Forum! I've just returned to the Forum, after a long absence; It's a great Forum, and I think you'll enjoy being part of it! 

• Like 3

Welcome, Sheerluck!

Always happy to add another member to our scion society.  Hope you enjoy!

• Like 2

Howdy Sheerluck and welcome! Great name! :welcome: 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sheerluck said:

Cheers for the kind welcome. Looking forward to getting stuck in.

"Getting stuck in" sounds rather ominous.  I deduce that you are not an American.  :)

We will get you stuck in good.  We are like the Hotel California--where you can check in but you can never leave.  Well, you can, but hopefully you will be having fun and not want to.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Here's the meaning of "stuck in" for the benefit of us Americans.  :D

Good on you, Carol: that's funny!! 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sheerluck said:

I have been a fan of Sherlock Holmes for most of my life and of the Sherlock series since it first aired. Looking forward to discussing things with like minded persons.

Hello Sheerluck

Welcome  to the forum.👍

• Like 2

T.P Stafford wrote The Misadventures Of Sheerluck Holmes in 1895. I think that he’s the only one that used the name. Herlock Sholmes is much more common.

Like me☹️

• Like 1

I believe that Gene Wilder's character, AKA Sherlock Holmes's Smarter Brother in the movie of the same name, referred to his brother Sherlock by that name.

• Like 2

Its been ages since I’ve seen that movie Carol but that definitely rings a bell. 👍

There have been many parodies with plays on the name. One that didn’t play on the name was a movie called The Mystery Of The Leaping Fish starring Douglas Fairbanks Jnr. He played a Holmes-like character called Coke Ennyday. (I wonder why?)

im a mine of useless information.😃

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HerlockSholmes said:

Its been ages since I’ve seen that movie Carol but that definitely rings a bell. 👍

There have been many parodies with plays on the name. One that didn’t play on the name was a movie called The Mystery Of The Leaping Fish starring Douglas Fairbanks Jnr. He played a Holmes-like character called Coke Ennyday. (I wonder why?)

im a mine of useless information.😃

From what it says online the reference is about Holmes' cocaine use. I guess they're saying that Holmes was a Coke fiend and ready for it Enny day.

Here's the "Smarter Brother" trailer, which includes the aforementioned reference conveniently near the beginning:

Added:  And by the way, Sherlock himself is played by Douglas Wilmer.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the Sherlock Forum! :wave: