All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Arcadia

The Political Thread

Breathe deep. Count to three. Repeat after me: "It is unreasonable to expect people to be reasonable...." Then bang head against wall.
  3. That's odd. I know several Mexican families, and they're all here to improve their situation in life by studying and working. And I've never actually heard anyone express the "Mexicans only want welfare" concept -- I've heard people say that people say it, but that's just hearsay. Maybe depends on where you live. Perhaps. The South has often been accused of being more racist than the rest of the country. Not without reason.... Irony: the person who said this to me is herself an immigrant, and her son is on welfare. They are not "persons of color," however, which I presume justifies her attitude. (Yes, I'm being facetious.)
  4. J.P.

The Political Thread

It makes no sense, like post-mortal murder. Postnatal means after birth. Then it cannot be an abortion which is terminating a pregnancy by medical (or other) procedure. I think the real issue was about premies/newborns with no life expectancy. After birth, doctors are discussing the treatments, but it's more about not forcing life prolonging procedures onto those newborns. But - surprise, surprise - the term nonviable is obviously overlooked. Because people are able only to read headlines and maybe the first sentence of any text. Not to mention that the word is too diffiult to understand.😕
  5. Carol the Dabbler

The Political Thread

Judging by what came up on an internet search just now, that term seems to mean what it says, though admittedly I just skimmed a bit. How do you interpret the phrase?
  6. besleybean

Shoot the Wall (A.K.A. The Rant Thread)

I might diplomatically refrain from further comment! 😇
  7. Carol the Dabbler

Not necessarily even then. For one thing, just about any quote from any holy book is subject to interpretation. And there are devout people who nevertheless diverge from their religion in one particular or another.
  8. J.P.

The Political Thread

Good to know. Most of the terms used in the discussion are misleading, the "best" of the being post-natal abortion. But who needs facts? Mr. President says they kill babies, so it must be true. 😕
  9. Fantasy Lover

The Political Thread

I sincerely hope that we can discuss this subject with the same maturity and respect when discussing religion and politics, so here goes nothing. The name is misleading and inaccurate: We need to stop calling it a “fetal heartbeat law” it should be called an “embryonic cardiac vibration law” because it’s not considered a fetus until the 10th week of pregnancy (8th week from conception) and it’s not actually a heartbeat because in the sixth week (of pregnancy. 4th week from conception) an embryo does not have a developed heart, (or brain, or spine) it has a cluster of cells that can be detected vibrating or pulsing.
  10. Caya

What other TV shows do you watch?

Indeed, sorry for the confusion. I don't want to spoiler anything here, so it's a bit hard to talk about the ending, but while I obviously hope for a S5 (and signs are looking good *fingerscrossed*), the way they finished S4 works as a finale, at least for me. A sad one but it makes a sad poetic sort of sense.
  11. besleybean

As soon as any group is all labelled the same, the antenna should start twitiching...unless the cited belief is direct form their holy book, of course...
  12. Yesterday
  13. Carol the Dabbler

The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Just call me Lefty!
  14. Carol the Dabbler

Game of Thrones

I meant the original movie -- the one with the terrific sandworms, and not much else that appealed to me.
  15. Carol the Dabbler

What other TV shows do you watch?

I take it you're still talking about Lucifer? Must admit I'm intrigued.
  16. Carol the Dabbler

I believe Sheerluck said pretty much the same thing -- basically that some papers (especially the tabloids, which is what I assume he meant by "the format") print basically nothing but sensationalized nonsense. So you gotta look for a legitimate paper if you want anything resembling real news. (Though I might add, even then you gotta be careful.) That's odd. I know several Mexican families, and they're all here to improve their situation in life by studying and working. And I've never actually heard anyone express the "Mexicans only want welfare" concept -- I've heard people say that people say it, but that's just hearsay. Maybe depends on where you live.
  17. "Fun fact: cats were actively deployed to trenches and ships to help deal with rodent infestations in both world wars, and they had the curb cutter effect of keeping the men’s spirits high."
  18. "Loki and Thor are like yin and yang, the sun and the moon." [Link]
  19. "You will never win. No... but I can lose... again and again... and again... and again, forever. And that makes you my prisoner. No! Stop! Make this stop! Set me free! No. I’ve come to bargain." [Link]
  20. J.P.

Game of Thrones

AFAIK they are trying again. I'm not looking!
  21. "Jack-Jack vs. Raccoon." [Link]
  22. "#superheroes + no capes" [Link]
  23. "Hi. I’m Star-Lord. I’m with the Guardians of the Galaxy. I’d flash you my business card but my hands are too full of guns." [Link]
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.