All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Fantasy Lover

Shoot the Wall (A.K.A. The Rant Thread)

I started my internship this Monday, my work is boring, tedious and asinine and most of my colleagues aren't really talkative and it turns out that working full time is extremely exhausting, and I have to do this for two more weeks! It's my first week and I'm already 100% done with it, the next two weeks are going to suck, a lot! Help me.
  3. Today
  4. Artemis

GIF Your Mood

I never realized that was a thing. I had assumed iTunes just picked an album at random, to offer samples or something. Kind of like how Microsoft computers came with a sample of pictures and bloatware (which used to be impossible to delete).
  5. besleybean

Mark Gatiss News

(Eek!) The thoughts were worse than that... 😱
  6. J.P.

Mark Gatiss News

Of course I'm jealous of Reetu for having Mark exclusively to herself for such a long time! The walls I could do by myself.
  7. besleybean

Mark Gatiss News

(Look away if easily offended.) A few of us(ahem) cough, confessed that we had other thoughts...when we first saw this pic.
  8. Pseudonym

GIF Your Mood

Nope. Was the U2 iTunes incident a thing over there too? Where their newly released album was put on everyone’s iTunes account whether they wanted it or not? That’s not why I hate them, I just find them overly arrogant and preachy... sorry Arcadia!
  9. Artemis

GIF Your Mood

I think of my brother, because U2 is his favorite. I don’t much care for them myself. (Sorry Arcadia. Shall I don my armor?)
  10. Carol the Dabbler

GIF Your Mood

Does anyone else think of Francis Gary Powers when U2 is mentioned?
  11. Arcadia

Mark Gatiss News

Me too. Dang.
  12. Arcadia

GIF Your Mood

13. Yesterday
  14. besleybean

Mark Gatiss News

Seems there is no end to his talents.
  15. J.P.

Mark Gatiss News

He's quite a good painter. But I didn't know he can do cartoons.
  16. J.P.

Favourite "Sherlock" Pictures, etc.

One of the little, almost invisible, sparks of genius.
  17. Carol the Dabbler

GIF Your Mood

I've seen something of the sort in California, but I don't believe we have them in this part of the country -- maybe they live only the area west of the Rocky Mountains, which is just as much a different continent as Europe is from Asia.
  18. Carol the Dabbler

Mark Gatiss News

Well, I do now! (If I'd heard about it before, it had slipped my mind.)
  19. Pseudonym

GIF Your Mood

I hate U2, lol! Though I admit I haven’t heard Hawkmoon, I’ll give it a listen. 😁 I’ve got a bit of a weird day ahead, I’ve moaned before about being pestered into spending time with my niece and nephew when they come down and so to make it easier than just sitting about making awkward conversation I offered to take them looking for slowworms on a nature reserve. Could go well, could not. Dunno if you have slowworms there, they’re a legless lizard that look a bit like a snake.
  20. besleybean

Mark Gatiss News

Well I don't think he does it for everyone! I gather you did know he is an incredibly talented artist?
  21. Arcadia

GIF Your Mood

Do you like U2? I can't get enough of "Hawkmoon" lately.
  22. Carol the Dabbler

"BBC Sherlock" articles & other miscellany

The quitting rate for any job is 100% eventually. I would take that as more of a description of how hard the job is, rather than a prescription of what necessarily happens. If you're concerned about Mr. Moffat's involvement in Sherlock, remember that when he quit Doctor Who, he announced that he was going to quit, while he was still actively involved in the show, and then he did quit, right on schedule. With Sherlock, he's been saying that there will probably be more episodes sooner or later, so he just might be telling the truth there as well.
  23. Arcadia

"BBC Sherlock" articles & other miscellany

I just happened to turn on this documentary on TV called "Showrunners: The Art of Running a TV Show". Moffat's not in it (at least so far) but those of you who are interested in how shows get made, and what the job of running a show (like Sherlock) can be like, might get something out of it. The only online link I could find was to this panel where they are discussing this documentary, but they have a clip of a few scenes so you can get a taste of it. I perked up mostly because both JJ Abrams and Joss Whedon are among the people interviewed, for what that's worth. That, and early on in the show, someone says that the quitting rate for showrunners is 100%, because it's such an all-consuming job.... hmmm......
  24. Last week
  25. Carol the Dabbler

Mark Gatiss News

I had no idea he did that sort of thing!
  26. besleybean

Mark Gatiss News

Really Lovely.
  27. J.P.

Mark Gatiss News

Hell, I'm so jealous! https://twitter.com/ReetuKabra/status/1164925171834216449
  1. Load more activity
  • Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.