EvigMidnat

Whats Your Favorite Case?

For years I've been wondering about those British double surnames; specifically, how is the order determined?  I just found that there's a Wikipedia page entitled Double-barrelled name, but it doesn't answer my question.  Does anyone here happen to know?

I have three favourite stories tied for first place in my mind. They are "The Dancing Men", "The Speckled Band" and "The Final Problem".  Conan Doyle at his very best. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, All Right, Spock said:

I have three favourite stories tied for first place in my mind. They are "The Dancing Men", "The Speckled Band" and "The Final Problem".

Do you have any idea why those three are your favorites?

I've read only (I think) three of the books and a few random stories here and there, and my favorite was the Hound. Does that count as a case? :smile: 

2 hours ago, Arcadia said:

my favorite was the Hound. Does that count as a case?

Considering that the original poster introduced this thread like so:

On 3/16/2012 at 10:00 AM, EvigMidnat said:

since the BBC released a few of the original cases with intro's from Mark and Steven, I figured this was a good question to start this section.

... I would say yes.  She seems to have meant "case" as shorthand for "short story and/or novel."