What other TV shows do you watch?

EvigMidnat

Where's the chicken emotie when you really need it?  :D

Hiding somewhere in the back of some creative's mind or computer waiting to be uploaded.

• Like 1

Hey, I was in the thick of it the first time, who you callin' chicken? :P 

d9wBUnJ.gif?1

Srsly, just haven't the time to think about it.....

• Like 2

I am curious though why the episode threads and many other S4 are still hidden, while the character threads are out now.

You'll have to ask Tim.  My best guess is that it's a sneaky way of getting people to join the forum.  ;)

Imho, I actually think it works the other way around. Not sure if there are other world of Sherlock out there, there should be, and if everything is open there, why would newbies be enticed to join err.. 'cats in the bag' here?

I'm just remembering what made me join back then:

1. I want to know what others think about Sherlock by reading the discussions, and when I saw how the conversations going/like then

2. I want to participate.

But that's me.

I'm not questioning anything! (Although I think I kind of did :P), don't banish me!

You are fantastic, you are amazing! (Refer to TBB XD)

By all means, feel free!  :applause:  You could even start some new threads ("Eurus redux" or whatever).

You first! :P

Chickens! :P

(Can't see whatever chickens Arcadia posted)

@not needing to read everything

Thanks A LOT guys, that is a relief.

I know it's not a rule of anything, it's just that it would be good if poster actually follow the conversations or responds etc, but yah, that is not realistic, maybe just a few pages before the last post would do. I should be able to join soon-er then.

I find that I haven't had the urge yet for rewatch (only watched once, and unproper watch (more like listen and peeking here and there once).

I blame myself for not having undivided time, but deep down it's a bit harder to gather my mood. Maybe because it's new (haven't get attached to it) or because I dread first two episodes. Maybe.

Anyone feels the same?

Okay, I think the light's finally beginning to dawn on my end .... I just logged out, and in that state, NONE of the Series 4 threads show up on the Contents page. Even the S4 sub-forum is not listed. Heck, the S4 page doesn't even show up in the "Spoilers" subforum ... it would look to a visitor as if we're not even discussing it, unless they check the "character" threads.

I'm pretty sure that's not the situation after S3, when I joined ... because I know I "lurked" for a few weeks, and I'm fairly sure I didn't make an account until I decided I had something to say. Yet I clearly remember reading all the back and forth about TEH and which explanation was real. I don't think I would have hung around if I thought S3 wasn't being discussed.

Anyone else join about that time? If so, can you remember whether the S3 threads were accessible before you had an account? I think they were, but I can't trust my memory on such things.

• Like 1

Oh, and re: rewatching ... bought the DVDs, haven't played them yet, except to glance at a few of the extras. But I watched each episode 4-6 times as it aired. But I'm starting to get the urge to watch TFP again. I don't know if I will ever want to watch T6T again.....

I didn't find them as interesting as the ones from the previous seasons, that's why I haven't finished watching them yet (that, and other reasons). In fact, my overall impression is that this season was 1) rushed and 2) no one really cared, not like they used to. The interviews don't enlighten, it all seems kind of rote, like the publicists wrote the answers as well as the questions. I don't remember any interesting behind-the-scenes stuff either.

But ask me again another time when I've had a chance to really watch, and I don't have such a splitting headache. I might have a more positive answer then! :smile:

You'll have to ask Tim.  My best guess is that it's a sneaky way of getting people to join the forum.  ;)

Imho, I actually think it works the other way around. Not sure if there are other world of Sherlock out there, there should be, and if everything is open there, why would newbies be enticed to join err.. 'cats in the bag' here?

I cannot argue with any of that, though I may have guessed wrong about Tim's reasons.  But yeah, this could explain why there weren't as many new members this time as for S3, or at least it doesn't seem like there's been as much activity.

I find that I haven't had the urge yet for rewatch (only watched once, and unproper watch (more like listen and peeking here and there once).

I blame myself for not having undivided time, but deep down it's a bit harder to gather my mood. Maybe because it's new (haven't get attached to it) or because I dread first two episodes. Maybe.

Anyone feels the same?

Yup.  Like you, I've had very little time this year when I could reliably sit and watch an entire episode, let alone immerse myself in it the way I like to do.  But that wasn't true when S3 was aired, and I'm not as enthusiastic about rewatching those episodes, either.  I think they're just not the sort of episodes I fell in love with.  There are still some very nice moments, but I just can't seem to get as worked up over the two latest series (other than Abominable Bride, which I adore).

Okay, I think the light's finally beginning to dawn on my end .... I just logged out, and in that state, NONE of the Series 4 threads show up on the Contents page. Even the S4 sub-forum is not listed. Heck, the S4 page doesn't even show up in the "Spoilers" subforum ... it would look to a visitor as if we're not even discussing it, unless they check the "character" threads.

I'm pretty sure that's not the situation after S3, when I joined ... because I know I "lurked" for a few weeks, and I'm fairly sure I didn't make an account until I decided I had something to say. Yet I clearly remember reading all the back and forth about TEH and which explanation was real. I don't think I would have hung around if I thought S3 wasn't being discussed.

Anyone else join about that time? If so, can you remember whether the S3 threads were accessible before you had an account? I think they were, but I can't trust my memory on such things.

I don't actually know, since I was already a member, but I don't think it was that way last time -- only the speculation threads were hidden then, I think.  I wonder if Tim realizes it's that way now?  Will PM him.

I didn't find them as interesting as the ones from the previous seasons, that's why I haven't finished watching them yet (that, and other reasons). In fact, my overall impression is that this season was 1) rushed and 2) no one really cared, not like they used to. The interviews don't enlighten, it all seems kind of rote, like the publicists wrote the answers as well as the questions. I don't remember any interesting behind-the-scenes stuff either.

But ask me again another time when I've had a chance to really watch, and I don't have such a splitting headache. I might have a more positive answer then! :smile:

Isn't that the way most video special features are -- let's all pat ourselves on the collective back?  :D

Admittedly, there have been some highly interesting extras on former Sherlock DVDs, but I haven't seen the S4 extras at all yet, so can't compare.

• Like 1

I didn't count them, but it seemed to me like we were buried in new folks the first 2-3 weeks; most of whom dropped by to say how excited they were, etc. and were never heard from again. I think I came too late to the party after S3 to compare what it was like back then. But it certainly was a LOT more activity than after TAB. People seemed to like it better than TAB, too. Or at least, were more excited.

But the episode discussion has definitely died down quicker than after S3.

I thought the extras mostly showed behind-the-scenes stuff? (Which I really enjoy.) Maybe those are just the ones I remember?

So I keep watching other shows instead of Sherlock, because I need background program to do my other activities (while Sherlock is not suitable for multitasking). Since my internet streaming is disrupted, I dug into my older archive and found a show I have been wanted to watch since quite long time ago but never did, because I had feeling I would like it (and would dedicate time I don't have for it)

Person of Interest.

Two nights and eight episodes in, I think I am right.

It has a tiny bit of cliche' heroism (but very subtle you'd miss it) that is a bit outdated but other than that, it's a great watch.

The main characters are intriguing, I am drawn into them and enjoy the style that is certainly not old-fashioned for the subtle peeling of what they are and how each interaction and reaction to each other between them actually represents my fascination as well.

Plot concept, love it.

Anyone watch this?

I watch it every once in awhile but I've never been able to get excited about it ... the tone is too somber, or something. Although I like the actor that plays Mr. Finch; he's different.

Yes Finch, he is fascinating, and so is Reese.

I'm in Season 3 so far, and have to say I really love it. It's hard for me to explain why, because I can very well see this is a sort of series that is easily brushed away as just another action-scifi-mystery-drama(I don't even sure what it is).

The key is, this is not something that should be watched not in chronology and not to be watched as single episode randomly, eventhough it seems so.

I have heard and interested with this for a long time, so I refuse to watch any random episode that happened to graze my TV screen because I had feeling it deserves full attention, and I couldn't be more right.

When I followed it, first, it captures my attention, as in I am curious to know more and subsequently it actually demands full attention that I willingly give, not something that can be said with most other series. And I feel the addiction of wanting more and more.

What captivate me is the characters and the story telling. The way they construct the characters, slow peeling and sometimes very subtle, spread across seasons are great. Great! It's deep, yet retains certain mystery that is probably obvious enough but still, the revelation is always good. It's touching, without the mushiness and definitely not in your face, and they are so richly developed over time, yet it makes sense.

Along with the characters, the story. I keep expecting things to plummet, especially when the moment is sooo good that I only expected that it could only go downhill from there, but I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't. I have only watched half of all but had encountered a couple of these moments and they still manage to keep my expectation and deliver more. Now I am way in too deep that I hope it will never fail me.

Not sure how they do it, imo, the plot are so well constructed that I think that they have everything figured out at the beginning (not a patch-up situation of new writing to connect to previous story lines like the way I feel about Sherlock S4) and I really appreciate it. It's rare gem.

I think I fall for this and eventhough I won't seek a fandom, if it continues to be as good, I could very well see that it could climb above Sherlock for me. :wub:

But again, it's very possible that it's easily missed as something great. And it's not everyone's cup of tea. My advice, watch it without skipping chronologically, or not at all.

Well, now you make me want to try watching it again. I did when it first came out, because it sounded like the kind of thing I would like, but I did miss some episodes, and as I said, could never get into it. But the way you describe it, it sounds like the kind of show I was hoping it would be. I like shows that have extended story arcs.

So now that it's already in reruns, now might be a good time for me to give it another chance. I got into NCIS that way ... never once watched it when it was originally aired, but watch it the reruns now and generally enjoy it.

On the other hand, there's something to be said for NOT being too heavily invested in a show. I don't mind a bit when NCIS has a clinker episode, for example. :smile: I just watch the next one.

• Like 1

Deep sigh.

I have just finished this series, and while I had strong feeling I would like it back then, it surprisingly exceeds my expectation.

I don't know how to explain it, it has flaws, it may look and feel ordinary to others, but to me, it's not.

It has everything I want a story to be. Everything.

Before this, maybe the only one that got me speechless with all the feels was TRF.

This not only does that, this does something in a way anything else like this never did to me.

I had tears in my eyes, more than once, I'm not really sure how to explain. I'm not really sure what differentiates this with others. In a strange way, it just.. gets me. A bit too much maybe, but I don't mind, although I am embarrassed and make this in tiniest font stupidly hoping that noone sees this.

Maybe this is flesh wound, recently bias, I could change my mind but actually, I don't think so. I'm hardly wrong. This, has become my favorite show, above Sherlock. I can point many subtle similarities and probably references to Sherlock, if that helps. But still, it leaves much deeper footprints that will stay.

And again, I won't seek for fandom, don't feel the need to, as I'm comfortable making sense of it on my own. It will be little secret I keep myself, I don't want it ruined for any reason, because still, not all fandom are as well behaved and comfortable as here.

Interesting, since my chief complaint against it, iirc, was that it didn't connect with me emotionally. So I'll definitely have to take another look and see what I missed. Er ... someday. No time right now....

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else watching season 3 of Broadchurch? (The UK one not the American version.)

I would if they would show it on a station I could get. :(

I started to but something happened .... I guess I wasn't interested enough to make a point of staying with it.

One I did get into for awhile (but I guess it's long gone now) is Whitechapel. We have a station that runs the older BBC programs, I mostly get into that because the schedule's more regular. Our regular PBS stations seem so random, I never know when anything is on without making an effort to find out. :(

• 5 weeks later...

Tried to a couple of times, but it was too grim for me.

I don't find it too grim. There's a major plot line at the moment though that we are meant to care about that is boring the life out of me.

Any thoughts on the new Star Trek series trailer? I think it looks pretty good. Though I'm not sure about the death guy, he's a bit cheesy. 

• Like 1