EvigMidnat

What other TV shows do you watch?

The tv show is very different to the comics, its less of a spin off and more that they just took the characters and made something new.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SherLOCKED123 said:

The tv show is very different to the comics, its less of a spin off and more that they just took the characters and made something new.

Ah, I see.  I hate it when people do that sort of thing.  They should just make up their own characters.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 4:16 AM, Artemis said:

I finished season 2 of Netflix's "Lost in Space" last weekend.

Boo.

I wanted to like it, I really did.  But the robots' (still unresolved) storyline bothered me, every episode was a "rush to rescue" episode, and the Robinsons themselves were neither as intelligent nor as morally admirable as I would have liked or expected.  It could have been good, but in the end, there just wasn't much to like.

I did like JJ Feild's appearance as the morally ambivalent Ben Adler.  But I have a soft spot for characters who seem good at heart but took a terrible turn somewhere and then redeem themselves in the end; especially when they are played by soft-spoken British men, lol.  And objectively speaking, his acting ability was a level up from most of the rest, which set him apart in a way that made the others seem a little bit amateur, which may not have been as glaring without him.  Whether that's a positive or negative, I don't know.

I may have to check this out.  I discovered JJ Feild in TURN: Washington's Spies (A VERY GOOD SHOW, btw!!  currently on Netflix) as Major John Andre and really liked him in that.  If he plays a morally ambiguous, messy character, I'd probably love the character (see: Loki, Ben Solo).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sittything said:

I discovered JJ Feild in TURN: Washington's Spies (A VERY GOOD SHOW, btw!!  currently on Netflix) as Major John Andre and really liked him in that.  If he plays a morally ambiguous, messy character, I'd probably love the character (see: Loki, Ben Solo).

Yes!  I too discovered JJ Feild on "Turn".  Love the character, love the show!  I can't get anyone else to try it though, lol.

(Also enjoy characters like Loki and Kylo for the same reason.  :smile: )

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Yes!  I too discovered JJ Feild on "Turn".  Love the character, love the show!  I can't get anyone else to try it though, lol.

(Also enjoy characters like Loki and Kylo for the same reason.  :smile: )

People really don't know what they're missing out on with Turn.  I've tried to get my mom, friends, husband to watch it and so far nobody has.  I watched it originally for Burn Gorman, whose character I LOVE...Major Hewlett ♥️.  But Simcoe was also fantastic, and Andre broke my heart. 

I think the first season of Turn is probably the slowest.  Still good, but I really think it picks up steam from season two on.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sittything said:

I watched it originally for Burn Gorman, whose character I LOVE...Major Hewlett ♥️.

Major Hewlett was my fave!  Love him.

19 minutes ago, sittything said:

I think the first season of Turn is probably the slowest.  Still good, but I really think it picks up steam from season two on.

I agree.  For me the first season was just good enough, and I mostly kept watching because the subject matter was interesting enough to give it a fair chance.  I'm glad I stuck with it, because it took a turn (haha) in season 2 and just got better from there.  It's unfortunate that the first season wasn't quite as captivating, it probably lost a lot of viewers who gave up too soon.

• Like 1