Jump to content
EvigMidnat

What other TV shows do you watch?

Recommended Posts

The tv show is very different to the comics, its less of a spin off and more that they just took the characters and made something new.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SherLOCKED123 said:

The tv show is very different to the comics, its less of a spin off and more that they just took the characters and made something new.


Ah, I see.  I hate it when people do that sort of thing.  They should just make up their own characters.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2020 at 4:16 AM, Artemis said:

I finished season 2 of Netflix's "Lost in Space" last weekend.

Boo.

I wanted to like it, I really did.  But the robots' (still unresolved) storyline bothered me, every episode was a "rush to rescue" episode, and the Robinsons themselves were neither as intelligent nor as morally admirable as I would have liked or expected.  It could have been good, but in the end, there just wasn't much to like.

I did like JJ Feild's appearance as the morally ambivalent Ben Adler.  But I have a soft spot for characters who seem good at heart but took a terrible turn somewhere and then redeem themselves in the end; especially when they are played by soft-spoken British men, lol.  And objectively speaking, his acting ability was a level up from most of the rest, which set him apart in a way that made the others seem a little bit amateur, which may not have been as glaring without him.  Whether that's a positive or negative, I don't know.

I may have to check this out.  I discovered JJ Feild in TURN: Washington's Spies (A VERY GOOD SHOW, btw!!  currently on Netflix) as Major John Andre and really liked him in that.  If he plays a morally ambiguous, messy character, I'd probably love the character (see: Loki, Ben Solo).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sittything said:

I discovered JJ Feild in TURN: Washington's Spies (A VERY GOOD SHOW, btw!!  currently on Netflix) as Major John Andre and really liked him in that.  If he plays a morally ambiguous, messy character, I'd probably love the character (see: Loki, Ben Solo).

Yes!  I too discovered JJ Feild on "Turn".  Love the character, love the show!  I can't get anyone else to try it though, lol.

(Also enjoy characters like Loki and Kylo for the same reason.  :smile: )

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Yes!  I too discovered JJ Feild on "Turn".  Love the character, love the show!  I can't get anyone else to try it though, lol.

(Also enjoy characters like Loki and Kylo for the same reason.  :smile: )

 

People really don't know what they're missing out on with Turn.  I've tried to get my mom, friends, husband to watch it and so far nobody has.  I watched it originally for Burn Gorman, whose character I LOVE...Major Hewlett ♥️.  But Simcoe was also fantastic, and Andre broke my heart. 

I think the first season of Turn is probably the slowest.  Still good, but I really think it picks up steam from season two on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, sittything said:

I watched it originally for Burn Gorman, whose character I LOVE...Major Hewlett ♥️.

Major Hewlett was my fave!  Love him.

19 minutes ago, sittything said:

I think the first season of Turn is probably the slowest.  Still good, but I really think it picks up steam from season two on.

I agree.  For me the first season was just good enough, and I mostly kept watching because the subject matter was interesting enough to give it a fair chance.  I'm glad I stuck with it, because it took a turn (haha) in season 2 and just got better from there.  It's unfortunate that the first season wasn't quite as captivating, it probably lost a lot of viewers who gave up too soon.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care too much for survivalist shows generally, but I really like "Alone" on the History Channel.

"It follows the self-documented daily struggles of 10 individuals as they survive in the wilderness for as long as possible using a limited amount of survival equipment.  With the exception of medical check-ins, the participants are isolated from each other and all other humans.  They may "tap out" at any time, or be removed due to failing a medical check-in.  The contestant who remains the longest wins a grand prize of $500,000."

For me it's quite a relaxing show, not too gimmicky, and it's interesting to see how they handle the isolation and adapt their survival techniques to their surroundings.

The current season (7) is running now, and previous seasons are up on Netflix, Hulu, and Prime (I think).  Probably elsewhere as well.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Artemis said:

I don't care too much for survivalist shows generally, but I really like "Alone" on the History Channel.

"It follows the self-documented daily struggles of 10 individuals as they survive in the wilderness for as long as possible using a limited amount of survival equipment.  With the exception of medical check-ins, the participants are isolated from each other and all other humans.

That does sound interesting.  What I really don't like -- or at least assume that I would hate -- is those group "survival" shows where people get voted out.  I've never seen one, but judging by the ads they're nothing but a lightly-camouflaged popularity contest with soap-opera overtones.  Is that what you're referring to when you say you don't generally like survivalist shows?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Is that what you're referring to when you say you don't generally like survivalist shows?

That’s one kind, although I wouldn’t even really put shows like that (e.g. “Survivor”) in the survivalist category.  They’re more like game shows/popularity contests.  I was thinking more along the lines of “Naked and Afraid”, “Alaskan Bush People”, “Mountain Men”, “Survivorman”, etc.  There are tons of them, it’s apparently a very popular subject.  But most of them I would consider to be either too gimmicky or not close enough to actual survival conditions, even if they’re entertaining.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I see what I see?? This morning I was rushing and a trailer somehow appears between, Lucifer season 5!!!!

I'm weary on where the story will go, but if the writing is as good as season 4, I'm all for it,

 not sure

about the storyline they seem to choose, but on the other hand, two Tom Ellis (Ellises?) on my TV????

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, and btw they've already confirmed that there'll be a Season 6, but that will be the last one.

Trailer for 5:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of UseWe have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.Privacy PolicyGuidelines.