Good afternoon

Caya

I just realized that I was supposed to introduce myself here before posting, so hello everyone! Name's Martina, I'm from Vienna, and I only recently stumbled over Sherlock (in fact, my husband pointed the series out to me, a move he no doubt regrets by now ;)). I am way too old to go all-fangirl on a show, not that it stops me. This place looks super interesting and friendly and I'm really glad I found you.

• Like 2

Hello, Martina -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!   :welcome:   Please thank your husband for us!

Hey, there's no such thing as "too old" -- in fact, several of us here are teenagers with several decades of experience.   ;)

By the way, if you would like for us to call you Martina, you can go to your Profile Page and add a signature line, as Fox and I have done.

Looking forward to your posts!

• Like 1

I just realized that I was supposed to introduce myself here before posting, so hello everyone! Name's Martina, I'm from Vienna, and I only recently stumbled over Sherlock (in fact, my husband pointed the series out to me, a move he no doubt regrets by now ;)). I am way too old to go all-fangirl on a show, not that it stops me. This place looks super interesting and friendly and I'm really glad I found you.

Hi, Caya!  So glad you are here!  As for being too old, that's what I said when I found Sherlock a few weeks ago.  I'm 63 years old and am thinking of making a t-shirt for the Star Trek into Darkness premiere that says :

"Proud to Be Cumberbatched!"

It's an inevitable side-effect of being:

"Proud to Be Sherlocked!!!"

• Like 3

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :hugz: . I'll try that with the signature, but Caya's fine too, really. 

That t-shirt idea sounds great ... but I'm not sure I'm up for it. My husband is an avid Trekkie and so at the premiere we already have the situation that we're going to root for different teams. Throw a Sherlock t-shirt into the mix and he might want to try whether they let him in with his Bat'leth  :D.

Hi Martina, :welcome: to Sherlock Forum!

We are glad to have you here.

:D

• Like 1

My husband is an avid Trekkie and so at the premiere we already have the situation that we're going to root for different teams.

I'm an avid *ahem* Trekker too, so I'll be rooting for both teams myself!

• Like 1

My husband is an avid Trekkie and so at the premiere we already have the situation that we're going to root for different teams.

I'm an avid *ahem* Trekker too, so I'll be rooting for both teams myself!

Oh, pardon me for the ie then :blush:, I gather some Trekkers don't like it but he never minded so I tend to forget (since it's the only one used round here).

And you are certainly going to have a most interesting premiere experience :lol:.

Hey, no problem!  It used to be kind of a big deal, but I have the impression that it's just kind of a fine point these days.

The distinction was that a "Trekker" was basically any ST fan, whereas a "Trekkie" was the silly, childish type.  The latter were particularly annoying to the generic science-fiction fans (we didn't have our own conventions yet), and they tended to label us all as "Trekkies," which in turn annoyed us.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :hugz: . I'll try that with the signature, but Caya's fine too, really. 

That t-shirt idea sounds great ... but I'm not sure I'm up for it. My husband is an avid Trekkie and so at the premiere we already have the situation that we're going to root for different teams. Throw a Sherlock t-shirt into the mix and he might want to try whether they let him in with his Bat'leth  :D.

st12.JPG

Really, it's beyond our control.

Besides, he's such an indescribably amazing actor, he'll ruin the franchise for everyone.  They'll kill his character, ST3 will come out and we'll all be going - what do you mean John Harrison isn't in it?

(BTW, ST1 was one of my favorite all-time movies.  I was a Trekkie, having seen all of the original when it first aired, plus the others, and I cried seeing them rebooted in such a perfect way. )

• Like 1

(BTW, ST1 was one of my favorite all-time movies.  I was a Trekkie, having seen all of the original when it first aired, plus the others, and I cried seeing them rebooted in such a perfect way. )

Oh, God, yes!

I am eternally grateful to Chris Pine for giving me a Kirk (after all these years) that I can actually like.  The rest of the cast is terrific too (though I think Scotty is written as bit of of a buffoon, which kind of bugs me).

• Like 1

When the reboot came out, I was mostly glad that they didn't mess up Spock ... I was never much into Star Trek apart from DS9, but I did watch the old series as a teen and I adored Spock (but really, who didn't?).

And if we all sulk enough when John Harrison isn't in ST3 maybe they'll bring him back as a clone or hologram in ST4, who knows ;).

Harrison does some amazing leaps and such, however, so the idea that he's an Augment isn't all that far-fetched imho. And we know (from Bashir's experiences) that Section 31 (and no one else in Star fleet has "operatives", I think)  has no problems and in fact some motivation to hire those.

eta: What I meant to say is that while it seems he's not Khan, he might be a spiritual successor of sorts. Or, to put it in-universe, an echo of the original timeline in this one.

• Like 1

Harrison does some amazing leaps and such, however, so the idea that he's an Augment isn't all that far-fetched imho. And we know (from Bashir's experiences) that Section 31 (and no one else in Star fleet has "operatives", I think)  has no problems and in fact some motivation to hire those.

eta: What I meant to say is that while it seems he's not Khan, he might be a spiritual successor of sorts. Or, to put it in-universe, an echo of the original timeline in this one.

Check this out, there's comments as the end by Mr. Cumberbatch on John Harrison: 

• Like 1

Whoa, what a compilation ... thanks for the video, Julia Mae!

Yes, that does give off definite Khan-vibes: vengeance for matters both personal and political, a leader ...

Still, I'm glad they seem to have gone with a re-imagining rather then a retelling. For starters, we'll be spared those Ceti eels :wacko:.

I read one blog online and while it does have certain "Khan" like feels, he was never a part or member of Star Fleet so the fact that Harrison wears a faded uniform is throwing him off.

• Like 1