Game of Thrones

Yep, on brokenforum they're all hyped up already for

cJKaZSh.jpg

as in, FrankenGregor and ConvertSandor fighting against each other, possibly at Cersei's trial by the Faith.

Yep, or to quote, "The optimism in comments like these makes me wonder if we aren't now the people tweeting about how great it'll be when the Red Viper kills the Mountain." :lol:.

• Like 1

Yep, or to quote, "The optimism in comments like these makes me wonder if we aren't now the people tweeting about how great it'll be when the Red Viper kills the Mountain." :lol:.

Or the innocent excitement when he gained upper hand.

Oh, sweet summer child.

Anyway, found this, tada...

9viahe.jpg

Look at the opening fight :D :D

No love for Benjen or Lyanna Mormont?

And my guess that Arya is faking it, it's all staged. Otherwise, after all those training, it's too stupid.

And how likely is (book spoiler):

Lady Stoneheart? It's very good time, but would there be too many 'resurrections?'

• Like 1

There's a current theory that it wasn't her at all, since her walk was different, and, you know, house of shapeshifters/illusionists and such.

As for

ZdYU0Ae.jpg

... seems a likely culprit but maybe they're laying a false trail, again (or maybe Sherlock has just made me paranoid for those :lol:).

Jamie finally gets his moment. Way to go Kingslayer. :)

And I'm happy to see Beric Danderion and Thoros of Myr again. Well, I hate LS anyway.

Tommen...tsk tsk...

Anyone cheering for Mountain ripping a head off? Me! I hate fanatics.

It's hard to cheer for a side there, really - but at least however the dice fall in the end, the one who'll have lost got what was coming to them :P.

Bronn was great, too, imo :smile:.

• Like 1

Yup, loveee Bronn.

Anyway, bad news:

2v93mdw.jpg

Cleaganebowl had been cancelled, until further notice.

Full refund will be given by Mountain himself, just pat him gently on his chest with axe as proof of purchase.

P.S. Bastardbowl is still on and upgraded as main match this coming week.

Free admission for all Cripples, Bastards and Broken Things.

• Like 2

But...told you you can request for full refund... :p

Episode 9

I am on my own so far. Everywhere people seems to like this and call it the best episode.

Nah.. I don't really.

Okay, the cinematic, cgi and the battles are awesome for television or even movie standard.

But I would rate this below Blackwater and Hardhome, even Watcher of the Wall.

I'm not sure how to justify it, but I feel...nothing. For Mereen and Winterfell, although the dragon is awesome. Why?? Maybe it's cliche? Predictable? Ordinary? Too many logical and tactical errors? One sided foe? I don't know. I do like the devastation and bitter reality of the war, but it is lacking the emotion, fear, depth and multi layers of consequences that Blackwater has. It's a tiny bit too textbook and not George's.

And Sansa is still a brat. Pfft. I have so much reasons to say that, but again, maybe only me.

But everyone else loves this episode so much and praise it to the roof, so here I am, just a grumpy viewer.

The one who saves it this episode, to me, is Davos.

Dunno who "everyone" is but over at brokenforum they were rather on the fence about it as well, if that's any consolation :smile:. Personally, I'm fine since they freakin' finally killed you-know-who off.

• Like 1

Oh good.. I looked briefly at previously tv, youtube and some random sites and everyone seems to be way too happy about it.

Yup.

why don't they give him a weapon or something?? Or just a tree trunk to whack everyone off. Geez.

Oh.. just for fun, me and a friend are betting about deaths that are going to happen this season. We just started it about two weeks ago. So far we are on equal score.

Me: Ramsay, Tommen, Mellisandre, Olena Tyrell, Cersei.

Friend: Rickon, Meera, High Sparrow, Jamie, Edmure.

Oh.. just for fun, me and a friend are betting about deaths that are going to happen this season. We just started it about two weeks ago. So far we are on equal score.

Me: Ramsay, Tommen, Mellisandre, Olena Tyrell, Cersei.

Friend: Rickon, Meera, High Sparrow, Jamie, Edmure.

I predict that you will score at least one more point, VBS...

I was (very, very briefly) considering me giving the series another chance now that you-know-who is no more, because he and his family were the main reason I couldn't stomach it, but I went and watched a few clips from the latest episode on the 'net and... nope. Hell nope. His death scene? I mean, WTF? So they're assuming the audience is just as sadistic as himself and will actually take pleasure in something like this?

Game of Thrones will never be for me. I bet I am missing out on some great television and there are some really interesting characters, but I think I would need to have my entire brain re-wired before I could enjoy it. (And if it isn't meant to be enjoyed, then I see no point in watching.)

• Like 1

I am with you in not liking that scene, I think it's tasteless and too 'textbook', I want to say poor writing but trying not to throw that term easily. And of course

Sansa is freaking brat. Sorry for those who likes her. I hold her at least half accountable for all those casualties. What she did doesn't make sense.

It's just proven how easy it is to cover certain viewer's eyes with sparkling blanket.

And how easy it is to make them cheering at bad things being done by people they root for without thinking too much about it.

• Like 2

And how easy it is to make them cheering at bad things being done by people they root for without thinking too much about it.

Yes, and to people they hate. And I say this as someone who cheered when Sherlock shot Magnussen. I fully support killing villains (NOT real people, fictional villains!), but the goal should be to free the world of their presence, not to make them suffer. Sherlock took out Magnussen with one clean shot to the brain. He didn't torture him, didn't so much as scare him. I think Magnussen must have been dead before he even realized what happened. And the scene was about him, about Sherlock, about him reminding the audience (and himself) that he's not a hero, he's a solitary high-functioning sociopath and that enables him to do terrible things, but because he's not a villain either, he uses this ability for the good of others, not his own sadistic pleasure. I cheered because Sherlock was being Sherlock and because I was relieved that Magnussen was gone.

But who do they expect to cheer for

a woman who watches her ex-husband being torn apart by his own dogs, whom she let loose on him after he was already half beaten to death and tied to a chair? All that scene did for me was depress me, because yeah, Ramsay may be dead, but by his mistreatment of her, he has made Sansa just as bad as himself and so his legacy lives on. Evil breeds evil and in a Game of Thrones world, there aren't any heroes to break that cycle. Not even the Sherlock type of non-hero.

I also made the mistake of

seeing Rickon's death scene and man, I am still trying to come up with ways to save that kid.

I have to just let this series go. It's not good for people like me. I do wish it wasn't quite so popular, I keep hearing about it everywhere and then of course I become curious. Plus my two dearest friends absolutely love it.

• Like 2

I quite soon realized that Sansa might turn into a very dark character - and nobody says she is on the side of angels.

I think it was after Ned was killed and she was claiming, she still loved her future husband and king. Varys said something like: you will outlive us all and I felt she would make it in a way she does.

Agree on Sherlock-Magnussen is not comparable, imho the context is different.

Regarding Sansa turns dark, to me she almost already does.

It could be because of clumsy directing and story telling, but if I were to take it as it is, Sansa practically let Jon dies, and most of his men with him.

And it really really bothers me that she is bitching about not being heard when she didn't bother to voice it out. So you have to have the attention of people actually go and ask you? And ffs, even after that, she didn't give the most important infomation about possible help from Vale. Ugh

I think by this time the episode is out, I won't be able to catch it until later, but as usual, I avoid the 'entertainment' internet not to be spoiled.

A bit worried here, because if the bet doesn't go in my favor, I'll be in dire situation. We are betting on, gasp, whoever lost has to:

1. attend the most horrible office lunch, alone facing all the big mouth extroverts. (Our office has free timing lunch, after awhile we know the pattern of every group, there is certain 'hellish' timing and the bet will determine who has to eat on that time.

2. Facing an emotional ex-colleague and give her something very nice, that most probably trigger excessive waterworks.

Good god! This is horrible, I think I was too confident to agree to this, because eventhough my friend is an introvert too, he survives those situation far better than me. I'm in deep sh*t. (Depressed)

You might like the book Sansa a lot more, really. Just for starters, she never met Ramsay - Littlefinger disguised her as his bastard daughter Alayne and took her to the Vale with him. Now I'm not saying that he's the best of influence because he sure isn't, but she's learning to play the game of politics at a gentler pace and much less of a price. There was a sample Alayne chapter from the upcoming (hah! :cry: ) book on GRRM's site (has unfortunately been replaced by an Arianne chapter now) that has her interacting with her betrothed (a guy named Harry, next in line to the throne of the Vale after Lysa's sickly kid, a match that Littlefinger arranged, of course) and you can see how much she has learned already - the guy isn't happy that he's forced into a betrothal with a bastard but she very subtly gets him interested. It's so refreshing compared to the show because she has so much agency in it - she's not Littlefinger's pawn but working together and she is quite good ... kinda like Cersei imagines herself to be :P.

Sidenote: I drank an orange juice today that had a Hodor! joke printed on it. I think the nerds have officially won, now ;).

eta: I forgot that the internet forgets nothing :smile:. Here you go, read and compare to what the showrunners did to the poor woman:

http://web.archive.org/web/20150604025854/http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

• Like 1

It's a draw! It's a draw...! :cowdance:

(now go and make another life threatening bet)

About Sansa,

I think she will turn dark in the book too. Doesn't she go with slowly poisoning sweet Robin? I might remember wrongly though.

Anyway, most people seem to like this season. Although there are some disappointments, and I think the dialogues and stories are not smooth, it's still better than season 5 of course, and still good TV. So, there.

Found this on my Facebook feed. Preview of the next season, apparently.

It's a draw! It's a draw...! :cowdance:

(now go and make another life threatening bet)

About Sansa,

I think she will turn dark in the book too. Doesn't she go with slowly poisoning sweet Robin? I might remember wrongly though.

Anyway, most people seem to like this season. Although there are some disappointments, and I think the dialogues and stories are not smooth, it's still better than season 5 of course, and still good TV. So, there.

Slowly poisoning is a bit much, but yes, that milk he gets so he stops shaking during public function is some kind of opiate, and it's generally accepted that it's probably not gonna help his longevity any. Of course, this being GoT, Robyn is probably going to survive them all and turn 90 on his throne while everyone else has long since died a gruesome death :D.

XD That sounds like Games of Thrones. :p

I still have enough trust in GRRM that this shouldn't turn out as predictable fantasy, and I bet everyone's money that The Wall is going down.