new

Hi Matt, Always nice to see a familiar face!

:welcome: to Sherlock Forum!

:sherlock:

Hi Matthew and welcome :wave: ! Glad to have you around!

Hi Matt! Hope you enjoy it here.

Nice to see another Quantum Leap fan on the forum. :boing:

hi my name is matthew pittaway i am new to the forum to let you know more about me i am 34 from england but in the works to moving to california i have always loved sherlock tv and books and films also love doctor who torchwood sarah jane, and x files quantam leap 

Hi, Matt -- glad you found us!

What part of California are you headed for?

• Like 1

hi my name is matthew pittaway i am new to the forum to let you know more about me i am 34 from england but in the works to moving to california i have always loved sherlock tv and books and films also love doctor who torchwood sarah jane, and x files quantam leap 

Hi, Matt -- glad you found us!

What part of California are you headed for?

Im heading for the town of Auburn in north California 

I'm relieved to hear that!  We found the sun in southern California a bit intense to deal with, even though we had moved there from much further south than you (central Indiana is on the same latitude as Madrid, Spain).  I shudder to think of an Englishman having to deal with it!

I'm relieved to hear that!  We found the sun in southern California a bit intense to deal with, even though we had moved there from much further south than you (central Indiana is on the same latitude as Madrid, Spain).  I shudder to think of an Englishman having to deal with it!

my wife whos from auburn herself is worried i wont cope with the heat at the summer last week she had tempatures in the 100s

Yes, I see that Auburn is inland a bit, near Sacramento, so it will get much hotter than coastal California.  And the sun will still be more direct than what you're used to (again, like Madrid, Spain).  Sunglasses and a big straw hat would be good investments, and some long-sleeved summer shirts.

I've recently realized that even though I've lived most of my life in Indiana, my genes are from much further north (up in your neighborhood), so I've started taking better care of my eyes and skin in hopes of forestalling further damage.