SherlockR3VEALED

Most important of which is, will he tell the public he's alive again?

He probably will not. Why bother when someone is bound to recognise him and make a great fuss anyway?

Thank you all for the warm welcome  :)

I've recently discovered this series and I've been hooked! I blame it on Benedict mainly hehe

But everything else is top notch too, to be fair..

Oh, I've forgot to mention that a month ago or so, Benedict was in Athens (my city) promoting "Sherlock" for a local TV channel that attained the rights, but I totally missed that!! Because at the time I wasn't even aware of this masterpiece arghhh!! And I COULD have been there  :cry:  :cry:  But no, I just HAD to discover it later  :angry:

• Like 1

And now I'm asking all these questions. Most important of which is, will he tell the public he's alive again? It would be rather funny if someone in the restaurant recognised him before John saw him.

I always thought it would be a press conference at some point, a very big deal as Lestrade announces the joint task force that brought down the huge web of criminality that was the Moriarty Machine.   Sherlock was  always in the press, through the series, so it makes sense to me he will be now.  How else can he keep working with Scotland Yard, after all?

Of course, in Canon, he did all his work behind the scene.  I expect they will be bringing him to that point sooner or later.  

Mark Gattis comfirmed that the footage IS from series three, I can't do quotes because I'm on my phone but Sherlockology said

"Correction August 3: Mark Gatiss has confirmed that the footage featured in the trailer IS from Sherlock Series 3"

So it is actual footage from s3. (Stop confusing us, guys!)

Thanks for posting that!  I had been thinking that that was awfully fancy footage to do just for the trailer.  Sherlockology has indeed added that correction to their original post, so that the paragraph now reads (and here's your quote box, SH/LotR/Zelda Fan!):

The teaser, featuring Una Stubbs, Rupert Graves, Mark Gatiss, Louise Brealey, Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch runs for 25 seconds but features no actual footage from the third series itself. [Correction August 3: Mark Gatiss has confirmed that the footage featured in the trailer IS from Sherlock Series 3]

• Like 1

/>

Oh, I've forgot to mention that a month ago or so, Benedict was in Athens (my city) promoting "Sherlock" for a local TV channel that attained the rights, but I totally missed that!! Because at the time I wasn't even aware of this masterpiece arghhh!! And I COULD have been there :cry::cry: But no, I just HAD to discover it later :angry:

I know the feeling. Kind of. Benedict was director for the 2013 Cambridge Science Festival, and and I didn't watch Sherlock until like a year later! Ok maybe not a year, 2 months. It certainly feels like a year. :cry:

Mark Gattis comfirmed that the footage IS from series three, I can't do quotes because I'm on my phone but Sherlockology said

"Correction August 3: Mark Gatiss has confirmed that the footage featured in the trailer IS from Sherlock Series 3"

So it is actual footage from s3. (Stop confusing us, guys!)

Thanks for posting that!  I had been thinking that that was awfully fancy footage to do just for the trailer.  Sherlockology has indeed added that correction to their original post, so that the paragraph now reads (and here's your quote box, SH/LotR/Zelda Fan!):

The teaser, featuring Una Stubbs, Rupert Graves, Mark Gatiss, Louise Brealey, Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch runs for 25 seconds but features no actual footage from the third series itself. [Correction August 3: Mark Gatiss has confirmed that the footage featured in the trailer IS from Sherlock Series 3]

So, Sherlock is going to approach John for the first time in a restaurant?  John's going to climb up on that chair and punch him on the nose!

Maybe he texted him first: "I'm not dead.  Let's have dinner."

And does Molly know or will he just scare the wits out of her in the locker room?

/>

Oh, I've forgot to mention that a month ago or so, Benedict was in Athens (my city) promoting "Sherlock" for a local TV channel that attained the rights, but I totally missed that!! Because at the time I wasn't even aware of this masterpiece arghhh!! And I COULD have been there :cry: :cry: But no, I just HAD to discover it later :angry:

I know the feeling. Kind of. Benedict was director for the 2013 Cambridge Science Festival, and and I didn't watch Sherlock until like a year later! Ok maybe not a year, 2 months. It certainly feels like a year. :cry:

I think there's Youtube video of this, with BC and Hawking.

tumblr_mqxfhxRC7y1snnjboo1_500.gif

I put this someplace else because I thought it wasn't from S3, but as it is:

In the Canon, Mycroft pays the rent on 221B for years after Sherlock dies.  Mrs. Hudson never could rent out the  basement.  So she has been alone in the house all this time.  Until she hears a key in the lock.

I think the general fan hope is that John will punch him in the face. I hope so.

Oh how funny would it be if Sherlock texted him first saying "I'm not dead. Let's have dinner." I bet John would get freaked out...I certainly would if I was him! (but then I do get freaked out very very easily...)

I think Molly probably knows, I think she was involved in faking his death. Like providing a false body, signing the death certificate, etc. but that's for a different thread!

Until she hears a key in the lock? He kept the keys?! but then I don't see why he shouldn't...

I.need.to.read.the.books. (but I dislike reading things not in order. So I have to finish Hound first. And then read tFP. And then tEH.)

Chronology wasn't Conan Doyle's strong point, so I see no reason why you couldn't skip around a little if that suits your purposes.

I think the general fan hope is that John will punch him in the face. I hope so.

Oh how funny would it be if Sherlock texted him first saying "I'm not dead. Let's have dinner." I bet John would get freaked out...I certainly would if I was him! (but then I do get freaked out very very easily...)

I think Molly probably knows, I think she was involved in faking his death. Like providing a false body, signing the death certificate, etc. but that's for a different thread!

Until she hears a key in the lock? He kept the keys?! but then I don't see why he shouldn't...

I.need.to.read.the.books. (but I dislike reading things not in order. So I have to finish Hound first. And then read tFP. And then tEH.)

I agree about Molly.  I still think if he has been gone for years it would be a bit of a shock to suddenly find his reflection in the mirror!

I see no way Sherlock escapes some form of John's wrath, and he is a scrapper, so punching seems a sort of ineluctable response.

I don't know if you know the Canon story chronology.  Or maybe someone else might want it, but it can be found on this page of my blog if anyone is interested: Sherlock Holmes Story Chronology.   Of course, Carol is right, you can jump around because they do.  They take bits and pieces from all over the Canon.  If you really want to see something mind-blowing, watch The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes.  It's the explanation of the whole series.

Mofftiss have said several times: everything ever done on Holmes is canon.

Another good source for Sherlock story material "The Dark Beginnings of Sherlock Holmes:The Murder Rooms".  It is the dramatization of Conan Doyle's early years in Scotland under the tutelage of Dr. Joseph Bell. If the series as accurate, then a lot of Doyle's inspirations for his Sherlock Holmes stories came right of his own real life experiences as he and Dr. Bell work together to solve several crimes.

• 4 weeks later...

BBC released a new trailer today; it's a multi-series trailer, and some of the Sherlock footage is from TRF, but even so ...

(minor spoiler in there, so don't click play unless you mean it)

• Like 2

Oh, this is truly exciting!! It's like five seconds of new Sherlock footage, but worthwhile! 

And I have to say.. WOW! Don't know ANYTHING of the other series here, but they seem SO GOOD!! Bravo BBC!

Sorry for the off-topic, but could you tell me if you know, which of them is new and which not? Because I would like to try look for them online.. And do you have an actual suggestion? "Ripper Street" appeals to me..

Well according to Sherlockology, it's official. They have finished the filming of "His Last Vow".  So now we have to do is wait until everything is done with the final editing and the offical release of Season Three of Sherlock 2013.