aely

Remember the brief glance we had of John's CV in The Blind Banker?

In this meta wellingtongoose on LJ proceeds to take that cv apart, discussing what works and what doesn't work in context of Sherlock and the NHS. Agree or disagree, it's interesting reading and much of the disagree stuff (on my part) is down to what canon provided (the CV itself, and John's age) not the meta.

There will be another part to this apparently, so here is the link to the first: Explaining John Watson's CV.

If you don't remember the CV, someone has done their best to clear it up and piece it together from screencaps; you can find that version on AO3 - John's CV from The Blind Banker.

• Like 1

Wellingtongoose has written some great meta but because it is on livejournal I don't think it's seen as much as it should be (not sure if she has a tumblr account) and with me still using LJ as my fannish platform of choice I feel a fannish responsibility to share the love. I'm also fairly rubbish at writing meta myself so when I find something as fascinating as her meta series, so naturally I want to share with people who will appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Livejournal was one of the first social networking / blogging sites - it was started in 1999 - and though it has fallen out of favour in the UK/USA, it's huge in Russia (and is in fact owned by a Russian company now). It has become an important place for expressing dissatisfaction with the Russian regime and of social commentary - there's a fair bit of info about the LGBT issues in Russia come out via livejournal.

Historically, it was a place to find fanfic and where there were thousands of fandom communities; not just for sharing the pretty like tumblr does, but for actual talking to people (a bit like the forum in that aspect).

I've had a presence on there in one shape or form since 2005 and have made many good friends via livejournal. There are still oodles of Sherlock communities and I do occasionally discover stuff via LJ before the cool kids who only live on tumblr do, often because there are people who have been in fandom a long time who are still there, clinging on.

I've had a lot of fun on LJ over the years, including one time we decided to try and break it by getting too many comments on one post - we hit 5000 in less than 5 days (the limit to comments back then) and this was on a personal journal.

That sigh you hear is nostalgia. :boing:

• 6 months later...

I assume you mean either John's CV or wellingtongoose's analysis of it.  They're both pretty huge files, so in either case, best to just click on the link.