Elementary, My Dear Holmes

Caya

I presume everyone here is familiar with Kickstarter or similar crowdfunding sites - if not, they have a rather kitschy page explaining it, or I could try my hand at it. Just want you to be aware of the inherent risks when backing a project ... namely, it's not the same as preordering.

That being said, I just stumbled over a game project called Elementary, My Dear Holmes, and once you get past the first sentence (grumble) it sounds like a delightful old-school adventure, set in the Victorian period.

Personally, I decided to back the project - don't have an OUYA and don't plan to, but being a BBC Sherlock fan teaches you that 6 months of waiting is nothing, really :lol:.

Hey! My name's Bob, and I'm the Writer on Elementary, My Dear Holmes. Thanks a ton Caya for posting this here for us, we really appreciate all the help in spreading the word.

I'm a HUGE fan of BBC Sherlock, and yea, the wait time is awful. Not as bad as SOng of Ice and Fire... but close. So very close.  

We're open and receptive to any feedback or questions, myself or one of the other dev team will be watching this thread, so fire away if you have any!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hi Bob and :welcome: to sherlockforum! Glad to hear the writer for Elementary, My Dear Holmes is a BBC Sherlock fan, it's good to know that the story is in the hands of a man with such excellent taste ;).

I'm happy to spread the word, I really want you to succeed for I really, really want to play this - and from the looks of it, you're about to hit your initial target, so congratulations and good luck with the stretch goals!

And best of luck to you with Consortium, some of the folks over at brokenforum are super excited about this!

Sam (The Project Manager) and I have been huge Sherlock and Watson fans since we were both young. I've tried to watch every adaptation of it in some form (Even the bad ones), and Sherlock BBC just blew me away. I was really impressed how they wove little references into it about the various cases. 

What's the link to brokenforum? I'd love to drop in and see what they think about Consortium, and try to spread the word on Watson. 

Sam (The Project Manager) and I have been huge Sherlock and Watson fans since we were both young. I've tried to watch every adaptation of it in some form (Even the bad ones), and Sherlock BBC just blew me away.

Hi, Bob -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:

Dare I ask which adaptations you consider to be "the bad ones"?

I initially wasn't a big fan of Elementary. I haven't watched all of it, but it's growing on me. I was actually worried it was going to be just dreadful, but they're finding their own voice. I think it's good that House isn't on anymore though. I don't think I could watch two shows with such a similar premise.

I think what hurt me watching it was Hannibal. That's such a wonderful forensic procedures that it was hard to watch anything else in that genre. 

I really enjoyed the first Robert Downey Jr movie, but the second I thought lacked the wit and intelligence of the first.

There was some TV movies I saw about ten years ago I thought were pretty lame, but I forget what they are now. That's what I was referencing, heh.

I think my favorite use of Sherlock outside of the traditional canon was in Planetary, a comic by Warren Ellis. He has a very small part, but it's really cool what they do with him. 

I initially wasn't a big fan of Elementary. I haven't watched all of it, but it's growing on me. I was actually worried it was going to be just dreadful, but they're finding their own voice.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but agree that it's turning out well.  And it's certainly not trying to be Sherlock.  (Well, not in general, anyhow -- borrowing "I believe in Sherlock Holmes" was a bit much, but as far as I've seen, that was used in only one episode.)

There was some TV movies I saw about ten years ago I thought were pretty lame, but I forget what they are now. That's what I was referencing, heh.

Must have missed those -- just as well, I guess.  What country are you (and your TV) in?

I initially wasn't a big fan of Elementary. I haven't watched all of it, but it's growing on me. I was actually worried it was going to be just dreadful, but they're finding their own voice.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but agree that it's turning out well.  And it's certainly not trying to be Sherlock.  (Well, not in general, anyhow -- borrowing "I believe in Sherlock Holmes" was a bit much, but as far as I've seen, that was used in only one episode.)

Must have missed those -- just as well, I guess.  What country are you (and your TV) in?

We are located in Vancouver, Canada and if you take Netflix, we are not getting the same TV-shows and films as you get in the states. 

• 4 months later...