Hello Everybody And Welcome!

Undead Medic

Hello flumenophile,

I don't know what it means, but pretty sure you are not really into flu and menopause? Not that there is anything wrong with that! :D

Or is it Socratic?

And what's up Billie :)

Welcome by the way.

Hello, flumenophile, and welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:  By the way, the reason your post didn't show up right away is that every new member's first few posts (six? ten? they keep changing it) must be approved by a staff member, which can take anywhere from a few minutes to all day, depending on when any staff members happen to be online.

Don't worry about VBS, by the way.  Yes, she's always like that, but she's mostly harmless (same goes for the rest of us).  Are you by any chance a river lover (Latin flumen + Greek -ophile)?

• Like 1

Hi flumen, we're excited too! Did you bring us lots of treats? VBS and I get hungry. And will we hear from you lots and lots, we hope? :welcome:

• Like 1

I know 'you' could have plural meaning too, but in this case it is super obvious that J.P was referring to you ONLY, Arcadia. :P
Tsk, tsk!  Stop scaring the newbies!

To show good example :angel2:  :angel1: , I would only greet 'Welcome' for next newbie, but after that, when the coast is clear..

Hi flumen, we're excited too! Did you bring us lots of treats? VBS and I get hungry. And will we hear from you lots and lots, we hope? :welcome:

Are you scaring newbies again?!

I know 'you' could have plural meaning too, but in this case it is super obvious that J.P was referring to you ONLY, Arcadia. :P

Tsk, tsk! Stop scaring the newbies!

To show good example :angel2::angel1: , I would only greet 'Welcome' for next newbie, but after that, when the coast is clear..

Don't forget the friendly :wave: or :wave2:

:welcome: to the craziness that is this forum. As Carol said we are essentially harmless, but any mail to us can be addressed to Happy Valley Lunatic Asylum for good measure :)

• Like 2

Actually, I have just learned that most of us don't even exist, since we blow on our tea. So Flumen dear, have no fear, most of us are not even here.

• Like 4

Hello! I joined a few years ago, and I see from my profile, that I actually introduced myself back in 2014. I think I went away to get a cup of tea and forgot to come back (or I faked my own death....)

• Like 4

Moderator Comment:

Hey, take that to the Pun Thread!!!
But that's your job, not mine :p.

And I'm still in topic. :)

Hello! I joined a few years ago, and I see from my profile, that I actually introduced myself back in 2014. I think I went away to get a cup of tea and forgot to come back (or I faked my own death....)

It took you three years to get that tea?? Hmmm...What tea is it, sounds Serbian. (you should see our tea discussion, we haven't mentioned Serbian)

Do you come back empty-handed or at very least rock some rub-off 'stache?

• Like 3

Welcome (back) to the forum, elbafo! :welcome: I'm looking forward to hearing your opinions (and/or your questions) in the discussion threads.

Thank you for your warm welcome! I don't think it was Serbian tea. Perhaps I'd been poisoned... may have been the sugar. But who on earth would put poison in sugar?

• Like 1

There's a pun thread? Gah! Let me outta here! Although first I guess I'd better report VBS for her off-color comment. :p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Carissa, you've come to the right place, we don't know what to do with our lives either. Guess we'll just all be pathetic together. XD :welcome:

• 1 month later...

Hello, Sherlock-in-the-Tardis, and welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:

Which version of Sherlock Holmes are you most interested in -- the original Conan Doyle stories, the Jeremy Brett television show, BBC Sherlock, or some other?

Welcome, welcome! Have you seen the Sherlock/Dr. Who crossover that some fan made? It's amazing. Something tells me you might enjoy it. :smile:

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello, c3rosedavis -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:

Even though you just joined the other day, I see that you're already hitting the Like button and Following some threads.  Whenever you'd like to say something, please feel free to jump right into a discussion.  If you'd like to respond to an old post in a dusty thread, all the better -- unlike some forums, we enjoy hearing what new members have to say about old discussions.

Glad to have you here!

• Like 1