Hello Everybody And Welcome!

Undead Medic

• 1 month later...

New here as well. Saw my first episode (S1.2) via Netflix on July 30, Second episode (S1.1) August 1, and marathoned the rest of the episodes on August 2 this year.  Excited about this forum even if I don't get on here a whole lot.

• Like 1

Hello, bralb_ and SherlockedCAMPer -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:

Glad you've said hello, and we're looking forward to more of your posts.

• 2 months later...

Hi, everybody! :) I've just discovered this forum and joined - I had to - as I'm waiting for the next season.
I am hoping to share my passion with some "Sherlockians" here, because, sadly, there are none around me...

• Like 4

Hey, Bubu -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:  And, as the saying goes, welcome to the club -- we all know what it's like to be surrounded by people who've never even seen the show.

Is the program shown on television in Slovakia, or do you have to wait for the DVDs?

Hey, Bubu -- welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:  And, as the saying goes, welcome to the club -- we all know what it's like to be surrounded by people who've never even seen the show.

Is the program shown on television in Slovakia, or do you have to wait for the DVDs?

Thank you.

Well, it was aired on television - I remember that I saw about 2 minutes of "The Empty Hearse" while brushing my teeth. :D But I just thought "those are weird faces". And now, about half-a-year later, I am in love.

So I just watched it on the internet, and then - well, I am a pirate...

Welcome, Bubu!! :wave:

Oh feel free to share as much passion as you like with us - and be prepared to get some passion thrown back in your direction by us :D

I am hoping to share my passion with some "Sherlockians" here, because, sadly, there are none around me...

Oh that is really a pity! You know, even though I constantly get the impression that a not too small percentage of Sherlock fans on the internet are Germans - to the extent that I sometimes think pretty much everyone in Germany must know Sherlock - I really know only one person (apart from me) whom I would call a Sherlockian and a couple of others who know it (because I introduced them to it; but they don't share the passion for it). So I'm also here because I want to share my love for this show with people. And it's a joy here, not only because the people here understand your passion and are even grateful for your weirdest theories, because also because this is one of the friendliest forum communities I've ever encountered!

• Like 1

Welcome, Bubu!! :wave:

Oh feel free to share as much passion as you like with us - and be prepared to get some passion thrown back in your direction by us :D

Oh that is really a pity! You know, even though I constantly get the impression that a not too small percentage of Sherlock fans on the internet are Germans - to the extent that I sometimes think pretty much everyone in Germany must know Sherlock - I really know only one person (apart from me) whom I would call a Sherlockian and a couple of others who know it (because I introduced them to it; but they don't share the passion for it). So I'm also here because I want to share my love for this show with people. And it's a joy here, not only because the people here understand your passion and are even grateful for your weirdest theories, because also because this is one of the friendliest forum communities I've ever encountered!

:D Thanks, I'm prepared.

Yeah, it's really a shame when you don't have anybody to talk to about all that stuff you like... And since I love English (I even think in it most of the time) I would love to quote and reference my favourite films and TV shows but noone would understand. Here, people do, I believe. :)

:wave: Hi Bubu, :welcome: to the forum. I do believe you will fit in just fine with us Sherlockians. We have fun here just a wee bit.
  • Like 1

Thank you all for the nice welcome.
I would love to contribute somehow - Im finishing my digital painting of Sherlock - I will post it here somewhere when its done... :)

• Like 1

Hey everybody.

I am new here. Im a fan of sherlock and waiting for the damn 4 season....

Sorry if my english isnt as good as yours..sometimes...im from germany ;-)

Hello, Detektive, and welcome to Sherlock Forum!  :welcome:

Please don't worry about your English.  We already have people from a number of countries (including Germany) -- so we mostly focus on communicating, rather than worrying about spelling, grammar, etc. (which differ from country to country anyhow).

• Like 1

Hello Bubu and Detektive! Welcome to the forum!

Yay, we have a member from Slovakia here! We're neighbours! 

• Like 2

Hello Bubu and Detektive! Welcome to the forum!

Yay, we have a member from Slovakia here! We're neighbours! 

Yay, ahoj! :)

Are there other CZ / SK people here? (I'm speaking in English, so the others don't think we are saying something bad about them hehe)

...and welcome, Detektive!

• Like 2

Sadly, I haven't met any Czech or Slovak people here so far, it's just the two of us now :)

Hmm, at least, we are more special then. :D

I'm jealous of you multilingual folks.  

Ahh, don't be. I think English is a.... "must-know"? I've been surrounded by it since I was little so I learned it the easier way. However, I have tried to learn other languages - unsuccessfully - I just can't learn them the way I learned English... If this is a bit off-topic, sorry.

They say it's a lot easier to learn a new language when you're young.  After that, you can still learn, of course, but it's much more difficult to become truly fluent.  I must say that I'm glad to have grown up with English myself, since it seems to be the current -- as you say -- "must know" language, like Latin used to be, and then French.  I've studied Spanish, but have had very little occasion to use it.

Can most Europeans speak more than one language?  Or does it really vary from country to country?  I've never gotten the impression that the British are all that multilingual.  But maybe because right now, as Bubu said, English is a "must-know?"  

Those from the UK may feel free to correct me, but I suspect that the British are in roughly the same situation as Americans -- there's very little incentive to speak another language, because just about everyone between you and the ocean speaks English.  By contrast, I can imagine that someone living in mainland Europe, especially near a border, would benefit greatly from knowing multiple languages.

• Like 1

Can most Europeans speak more than one language? Or does it really vary from country to country? I've never gotten the impression that the British are all that multilingual. But maybe because right now, as Bubu said, English is a "must-know?"

Well, since English is now the international language number one, it's quite logical that it's, as Bubu said, a must know thing. Though not all people here can speak or at least understand English, especially the old generation that had to learn Russian at school. Now we usually have two compulsory foreign languages at school, mostly English and German.

So actually yes, most people here know more than one language but if we didn't we wouldn't be able to communicate with foreigners at all because very little foreigners have the patiance and time to learn our language. And I totally understand it. Why bother when there are only ten million people speaking the language.