Louise Brealey in "Delicious" -- Produced by Michael Price

Carol the Dabbler

From >Sherlockology<:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9CWrOCVXoc&feature=player_embedded

New trailer for Delicious! Starring Louise Brealey and produced by (and music composed by) Michael Price.

... and here's >more info from IMDb<.

• Like 1

I keep misreading the title of this thread as "Louise Brealey is delicious" what would Freud say about that!?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Here's an update on Delicious from Radio Times:

49208.jpg

The darkly comic romance - which sees the Sherlock actress star opposite Sheila Hancock and Adrian Scarborough - will be screened at selected Picture House Cinemas across the UK from Monday 30 June and made available simultaneously via iTunes, Amazon and VOD outlets, both internationally and in the UK.

You can read the entire article here.

• 3 weeks later...

... and more from Sherlockology:

tumblr_n5pthmR1Ep1qkgkowo1_500.jpg

Coming very soon is Delicious, a bittersweet and darkly comic romance that stars Sherlock’s Louise Brealey. The film is produced by Michael Price - music composer for Sherlock – and he has also composed the beautifully warm, lilting, bubbly and French-flavoured score for Delicious.

The soundtrack is released on May 27 and comes with a huge recommendation from us if you fancy something summery to brighten your ears.

In addition, the Delicious Facebook page is running a competition to win one of five DVD copies of the film – open worldwide, and the disc is region free! Enter here.

We’ll have plenty more coverage on Delicious as the release nears… stay tuned!

• 1 month later...

Another update from Sherlockology:

Delicious, the brand new comedy drama starring Louise Brealey and produced by composer Michael Price, is now available on DVD, and iTunes digital download on Monday June 30 2014.

In addition, tickets are still available to attend the premiere with cast and crew on Thursday July 3 2014 at the Curzon Soho on Shaftesbury Avenue in London.

We’ll be there on the night ourselves, so hope to see many of you there!

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_inline_n87584a1nr1qjn7nd.jpg

It is perhaps an injustice to term Delicious a ‘Romantic Comedy’ - yes, there are plentiful laughs, and a form of a romance, but it is distinctly and intentionally unconventional. There is a more serious heart to Delicious, with an aim to make the viewer stop and consider the importance of life’s great yet simple pleasures. It is also a film about lost souls, the characters colliding unexpectedly within the streets and small residential spaces of modern London.

You can read the entire review here.

I've been noticing lately that some of Amazon UK's item pages specifically say that the item CAN be delivered to the US, but this is the first time I've seen them refuse to send something here.  When I click on "Learn more," however, I just get their standard delivery restrictions page, which says that DVDs can be sent to the US.

I tried to email them to ask why, but apparently they will only accept emails regarding orders that I have already placed -- rather than orders I'm having trouble placing.  Does anyone have any idea what this is all about?

• 2 months later...

I watched this over the weekend.  It's finally available on ITunes.  So other than SHERLOCK, DELICIOUS is the only other thing I have seen Loo in.    So it's was hard for me to let go of Molly Hooper even though the character she plays is nothing like Molly.  It was nice to see some physicality from her as well.  I mean, she even runs at one point of the movie - and I don't mean she's out for a jog.  She doesn't have a whole lot of physicality in SHERLOCK, so it was just nice to see movement

Anyhow... I would buy it and download it but my HD is full of SHERLOCK.  Need to get a bigger HD.

• Like 1

I've been noticing lately that some of Amazon UK's item pages specifically say that the item CAN be delivered to the US, but this is the first time I've seen them refuse to send something here.  When I click on "Learn more," however, I just get their standard delivery restrictions page, which says that DVDs can be sent to the US.

I tried to email them to ask why, but apparently they will only accept emails regarding orders that I have already placed -- rather than orders I'm having trouble placing.  Does anyone have any idea what this is all about?

I bet it's to "protect" the US market,  probably implemented by Amazon to stop people buying things that would work out cheaper on their other sites perhaps?  But if they don't sell that particular item on their USA site that wouldn't make sense. 

Back when I first posted that, I emailed Sherlockology, but they had no idea why, and suggested I email the film's producers, which I did -- but never got a reply.

However, I see that Amazon UK now says that they will ship this DVD to the US.  (Amazon US still hasn't heard of it.)  The original policy may have been a simple error -- likely to happen now and then on such a complex website.

Once again, hurray for region-free DVD players!  :D

I've not had any problems with recent DVD players that I have bought, all my Blu_ray players are standard Region - Free, but I do remember my having to get a code to unlock an old DVD player that I owned.  

On a laptop, you mean?  Some of those do tend to lock up on one region after a few switches.  Mine decided (with no warning) to hang up on Region 1 a while back, so I have to use Alex's for British DVDs.

I thought it was some Blu-ray disks that are region-free, but all Blu-ray players are region-specific?

I've never encountered Region problem with Blu_Ray players, and I have Blu-Rays for all over the world, , I do have many overseas based FB friends and they mention it all the time, maybe in Australia the players are set region free or maybe all the Blu_rays that I have a region free.

That last possibility may be the correct one.  I've heard that a lot of Blu-ray disks are indeed region-free, but that none of the players are.  But that's only hearsay.  We just got our first Blu-ray player, so I'm a complete newbie myself.