Episode 3.2, "The Sign of Three"

Undead Medic

What Did You Think Of "The Sign of Three"?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Add Your Vote Here:

• 10/10 Excellent
    • 9/10 Not Quite The Best, But Not Far Off.
    • 8/10 Certainly Worth Watching Again.
    • 7/10 Slightly Above The Norm.
    • 6/10 Average.
    • 5/10 Slightly Sub-Par.
    • 4/10 Decidedly Below Average.
    • 3/10 Pretty Poor.
    • 2/10 Bad.
    • 1/10 Terrible.

A Thread for the discussion of Episode 2 "The Sign of Three." Which is broadcasting at 20:30 on Sun 5th January on BBC 1

Please rate the episode using the poll and discuss the episode below.

(Plot synopsis will be added later)

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to discuss multiple new episodes in a single post, please post it in the thread for the latest of the relevant episodes.  Otherwise, people who have seen only "The Empty Hearse," for example, may inadvertently see a "Sign of Three" spoiler while reading the "Empty Hearse" thread.

Those of us in delayed countries thank you!  :D

• Like 2

Just in case any of you in the UK didn't hear the voice-over with the closing credits of the first episode, "The Sign of Three" will be aired today (January 5th) at 8:30 pm GMT.

• Like 1

A Thread for the discussion of Episode 1 "The Sign of Three."

... I think you mean episode 2 :D

Just seeing if you were paying attention, John. :sherlock2:

;)

• Like 2

Ah, I see ;)

I'm so annoyed; I made plans to go out with someone tonight, forgetting that Sherlock would be on... how could I forget that?! I'll be able to watch it on iPlayer afterwards, but it won't be the same as seeing it when it's broadcast :(

Ah, I see ;)

I'm so annoyed; I made plans to go out with someone tonight, forgetting that Sherlock would be on... how could I forget that?! I'll be able to watch it on iPlayer afterwards, but it won't be the same as seeing it when it's broadcast :(

Will I sound like a bad friend if I said that if it was me, I'd cancel my plans to stay in and watch Sherlock?  ;)

Will I sound like a bad friend if I said that if it was me, I'd cancel my plans to stay in and watch Sherlock?  ;)

Not at all; I was considering it myself for a minute :D

"So sorry, dear, I can't come tonight, I forgot about that wedding!" :lol:

• Like 2

Yes I too shall be unable to watch it tonight :( but I shall catch up in the morning, besides it will give me something to do and keep me busy on my day off, watch Sherlock, then spend the rest of the day and possibly best part of next week thinking about it!

Ah, I see ;)

It's certainly something Sherlock would do.  :D

• Like 2

Ah, I see ;)

It's certainly something Sherlock would do.  :D

Yeah, just say you have a 'thing'. Remember, only lies have detail!  ;)

• Like 4

Welcome to the forum, DylanDoge666 :wave:. You joined us at an exciting time indeed :).

Aaaaaaahhh!!! I LOVED that episode! Absolutely hilarious and yet so touching too. I'm off to watch it again and will make notes so I can come back and properly write which were all my favourite scenes :-D

BEST. EPISODE. EVER!!!!!!

And I still think there's something going on with Mary (besides the pregnancy). 

More after I have a chance to watch it again. 

• Like 3

I do have a question, though, as it will take me a while to rewatch.  It cut out on me right at the end as Sherlock was writing a note on the music sheet. What happened? Because according to a review I read, this episode would be funny but at the end of it we would see why we've gotten the brevity of these last two, as it sets up tragedy in the finale. So what happened? 

Oh, and the pregnancy was just the nail in Mary's coffin, as far as I'm concerned. They're setting it up to be even sadder when she dies. I hate it, because I love her more and more with every second. This is going to be heartbreaking. 

• Like 1

Sherlock left the wedding - Molly saw him go, he went out, did some lovely swooping coat action, and walked off. Sad ending to the funniest episode ever! I cried with laughter and with emotion in this one!

• Like 1

Good episode.But i loved the first one better.I found it a bit chaotic at times,and Sherlock was out of caracter most of the time.Relly hope Moffat brings back the old sociopath Sherlock in the last episode.But I also loved the way they put the wedding and ''off screen'' cases together.The end was heartbreaking.