Speedy's Cafe - General Chat about anything you like!

So basically they are kamikaze assassins??!?

What is their union right and insurance benefit?

Or do they kill with tiny swords instead of stinging? 

Not sure about kamikaze, I wont build them little planes or anything... but yea, they'll die, but it'll be for a good cause. In defence of the queen (ahem, me), and as they live to serve the queen they won't even want insurance or a union. That's the beauty of bees. And when there is no one to kill we'll have parties where we'll all do the bee butt-wiggle dance. 

• Like 2

Okay, there are a couple of people that annoy me, I'd like to sign some contracts. 

Just promise me that the bee-butt wiggle dance will be done ONLY after I left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But I don't want to be a bee-butt wiggle dancer!!

The other guy wanted to have rooftop staying alive limbo party!

What is wrong with you guys???

If you're going to be a consulting villain you have to have a dance move. I've one to one of Jimbo's parties, great fun! Though I heard a few weeks after I went there was a terrible accident and some bloke slipped and plummeted to his death. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You see, you miss the concept here. I don't want to be consulting villain/criminal (the mess they make!), I am just a client requesting for a service. That is different.

Reason being... I can't dance! I can't limbo! I move like robocop. I can leap through table but you should see the things I crash on and how and where I face plant.

So, start being a dear and remove that dancing part from my clause. A client!

P.S. I heard about that bloke too, in fact I came here for therapy because of that. Ghastly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, All of natinal is same. Thinking, working, feeling, loving...

I thought, I'll learn diffrent than mine but it was not. Same is everything.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Doe said:

Actually, All of natinal is same. Thinking, working, feeling, loving...

I thought, I'll learn diffrent than mine but it was not. Same is everything.

I think at least part of that is what you bring with you, Doe.  :smile:

I read a while back about a family -- let's call them the Smiths -- that lived next door to a house that was for sale.  People would come to look at the house, and they'd ask the Smiths "What are the people like here?"  And the Smiths would ask  them "What were the people like where you came from?"  And sometimes the answer would be "Oh, they were terrible!  Nosy, obnoxious, and not friendly at all."  And the Smiths would say "Well unfortunately that's exactly the sort of people you'll find here."

But others would say "Oh, they were just wonderful!  Very friendly and helpful."  And the Smiths would tell them "Well fortunately that's exactly the sort of people you'll find here."

I think you're right, people are pretty much the same all over.  We think they're different, but I suspect that's because we're not there, so we're mostly seeing things that their givernment does

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I think you're right, people are pretty much the same all over.  We think they're different, but I suspect that's because we're not there, so we're mostly seeing things that their government does.

This is very true.  I've done some traveling abroad, and what I always found was that, though landscapes vary, people are the same everywhere.  I've also found that people who harbor some kind of bias or hatred against other countries usually haven't visited those countries, or met the people who live in them.  Their opinions are almost entirely based on the actions of that country's government.

• Like 2

On an unrelated note, I decided to take a risk and try a new flavor of Oreos called Rocky Road Trip (I know, I live on the edge).  I honestly didn't think I'd like them, but I heard they were good, and I can confirm... they are gooood.  This is basically me right now:

73751396715b59cf76fc339894507af8.gif

tumblr_p15sojd3zK1tsgiz4o1_500.gif

Edit: Cookie Monster emoji!  :cookie:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not generally a big fan of cookies. I recently bought a tub of oatmeal raisin cookies that are baked by our local grocery store, thinking they'd be something we could nibble on from time to time when we had a bit of a sweet tooth. Oh lord, I can't stop eating the things, they are divine. Help!!!!

• Like 1

This is why I don't buy cookies.  I can easily enough walk right past them in the store -- but once I'm trapped in the same house with them, I lose all self control.  (Well, just one more....)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t make cookies very often for that very reason.

Somehow I can restrain myself a little better with homemade cookies -- maybe because I can't just toss another package in the cart when I want more, I have to actually make them.  And anyhow I don't worry as much about eating things I've made, because I know exactly what went into them.

I know what’s in mine, but I don’t need the empty calories. I have a post baby belly. My baby is johnspec.

• Like 1

Well, I thought I'd be safe, because like I said … I don't ordinarily enjoy cookies that much. A package of cookies will usually last for weeks in this house. My mistake, apparently, was buying good cookies. :smile: 

• Like 2

Yeah, their molasses ones are especially good … never buy 'em, too dangerous.

• Like 1

Was watching a British reality show and someone said, "There's a lot of dead money here, cor, yeah!"

Is "Cor, yeah" a bit like saying "God, yeah"?  That's how it came across based on her expression when she said it.  I think there's been some discussion of "cor" here before, but I couldn't locate it.