Speedy's Cafe - General Chat about anything you like!

11 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Cool!  I have Microsoft Office, but don't seem to have OneNote on my computer.  Does it allow you to customize how your editing page looks (e.g., background and text colors, font, etc.)?

Hmm, OneNote came preinstalled on this one, and was there after I upgraded my last computer. Have you got the current version of Windows, Carol?

However, it's pretty basic, I'd be surprised if you can customize it much. Unless there's a fancier version in the store?

11 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Have you got the current version of Windows, Carol?

We have Windows 10, yeah.

12 hours ago, Arcadia said:

OneNote came preinstalled on this one

How is it listed in your menu?  I was looking under Microsoft Office, and am pretty sure that I opened up all the sub-menus where OneNote might be hiding, but Microsoft can be pretty creative sometimes.

It has a lilac N as the symbol, like the blue W for Word or the green X for Excel, if that helps.

• Thanks 1

And it's under O, right under OneDrive. :)

What is that box called that has all the icons in it, just to the right of the start menu? I just noticed the icon there, too, tucked in next to the Office icon. I know I didn't put it there, so I assume that's a default location.

I assume you mean the tray.  When I succeeded in finding OneNote (thanks to help from both of you), its icon showed up in my tray as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheerluck said:

Windoze has a terrible habit of hiding things until you use them the first time.

I'm just as glad of that.  My tray is overflowing as it is!

On 11/30/2019 at 11:35 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

I used to use LiveJournal for my drafts, because they allow documents to be kept private, but recently their editing page bothers my eyes.  The old forum software allowed saving the first post of a new PM as a draft, so I sometimes used that, but the new software unfortunately doesn't have that feature.

I'd like to throw out Prosebox.net as a suggestion for you.  It's not too difficult to use, you can keep everything private if you want, and it can be customized with a dark mode.  The only caveat is I think you still have to sign up before you can look around (I hate that).  But they won't bother you with emails or anything, and it's a large but fairly intimate community run by a guy who posts pictures of his dog; so I don't think you'd have any reason to regret giving it a try.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

Can you use dark mode in the editor?

Yep, it's all dark if you choose the dark mode.  :smile: 

Here's a screenshot of the editor on my account:

97fa21e67350626e5f434e45631c4faf9117502e

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, J.P. said:

is there enough interest for making this into an extra-thread?

Wouldn't hurt.  And it sure would clarify things for people like me who aren't always sure what show / movie is being discussed.   In fact, if you want me to do the splitting, please suggest a title for the new thread!   :D

Moderator Comment:

Okay, the conversation we're referring to has been moved. (here:  https://www.sherlockforum.com/forum/topic/107-what-other-tv-shows-do-you-watch/?do=findComment&comment=160042     But I'm leaving the remarks about moving it in place, because they sort of amuse me. And also because I hesitate to delete other people's remarks unless they ask me to....)   

It could be moved into “What other TV shows do you watch?”, or else I’d suggest a new thread in “Movies and Entertainment” simply entitled “The Witcher”.

• Thanks 1

By the way, I wasn't exactly volunteering to split the thread. I'm on my tablet at the moment, and don't anticipate being on a real computer till at least noon (which could be noon Saturday, but not necessarily).  If one of the other mods would like to deal with it, my feelings would not be hurt in the slightest.  :D

Aghh! Since I'm the first to innocently wander in here, I guess that means me. Let's see if I can remember what to do. Don't blame me if everything simply disappears, never to be seen again.

Give me a few minutes, I've got to find a more comfortable place to sit if I'm going to tackle a task of this magnitude... :D 

ETA:

Okay, it's done! You can now find the conversation in "What other TV shows do you watch", here (I hope):  https://www.sherlockforum.com/forum/topic/107-what-other-tv-shows-do-you-watch/?do=findComment&comment=160042

• Thanks 2

On 12/4/2019 at 12:12 PM, Caya said:

It has a lilac N as the symbol, like the blue W for Word or the green X for Excel, if that helps.

Heyy just nice that I need something in my desktop that doesn't come with Mycroft's Word. You would think Mycroft would give the program away foc so that he could spy on everyone's computer. But noooo... he just can't take the possibility to come across someone eating a cake without him. Maybe it's a good idea to put delicious cake and Operation game as desktop wallpaper as Mycroft's repellent.

Sorry I have been away, life was hectic, and when it's down time, I'd rather flop somewhere and try to catch some rest because there is no such things a coming here 'for a short while'. It was also the time when I got many visitors, friends and families visiting, as I'm staying at so-called 'holiday place'.

Hence the belated Christmas wish, actually I would like to celebrate Festivus with you guys by airing all my grievances about you all, but too bad I missed that. So consider that you got off easy, I'll see you all about that next year.  XD

And let's hope this year is a good year, that we won't go into WW3 that is (I freaking hate the news). That we and family are blessed with health and happiness, for those are all that matter. 

• Like 3