Speedy's Cafe - General Chat about anything you like!

Mainly a thing of the past, I think. Today, it's, to quote tvtropes, Heroes Want Redheads. Heroines too, actually, going by how often they're featured on Objectified Scotsman Thursday (warning: link might not be safe for work, depending on your workplace's stance on muscular, oiled naked male chests).

• Like 1

Not full time, and not in the school system. (Thank goodness.) I teach at a community arts center. Set my own hours, it's heaven.

• Like 1

I'd like to distract your attention from... whatever you were discussing to properly say, I've come back from the dead. Yes. Really. Saying hello is so tedious, so I'm not doing that. But I can confirm that more than likely, I am here and shan't die again. Or disappear. I'm not a ghost, after all. Though a certain doctor would disagree... 

He'll get over it. Anyhow. Um. I... what? Did I miss being here? ... Maybe. [He has.] Oh, do shut up.

[ignore him. I hope you all are doing good! And I'm really hoping I can get back on here, full basis!] Yes. Well. Catch. You. Later.  :)  

• Like 7

Welcome back....dare I say it.....missed you?  Did I say that out loud?

[Ah ahehviw hello you pleaselemmesayitback Sherlock...] Hello there. Yes. You did. You... did? Oh. Um. Right. Good. I don't mean 'good' as in... No. Shut up. Er. I... missed you... too. 

You can actually load that page?  Weird!  I haven't been able to access the regular BBC Shop for a while now (just the BBC America part of it), so I thought maybe they were blocking IP addresses from countries they don't ship to.  What happens is, I get a connection timeout.  Does it just come up normally for you, with no special effort on your part?

What's on the shirt?

It says "get Sherlock", and it has John and Sherlock walking away with Moriarty kind of glowering after them, plus a splash of blood in one corner.

• Like 1

Math class is useful though to practice thinking. I never understood it either, but it did teach me some valuable things, like how it sometimes helps to think in extremes to understand an issue, for example, or how to tackle problems that seem huge and frightening and confusing at first glance.

I remember that when I got stressed out trying to do a math test (which was always), I'd begin by writing down everything I knew in stead of worrying about all the stuff I didn't know, even if it was really obvious. This usually resulted in the big problem I didn't understand boiling down to a few specific questions I needed to find answers to. I still use this approach at work sometimes, and while it may not be super effective, at least it calms me down.

• Like 2

It says "get Sherlock", and it has John and Sherlock walking away with Moriarty kind of glowering after them, plus a splash of blood in one corner.

Thanks! Guess I'd have to actually see it to know whether I'd like it or not. (The blood part sounds a little yecch, though.)

I remember that when I got stressed out trying to do a math test (which was always), I'd begin by writing down everything I knew in stead of worrying about all the stuff I didn't know, even if it was really obvious. This usually resulted in the big problem I didn't understand boiling down to a few specific questions I needed to find answers to. I still use this approach at work sometimes, and while it may not be super effective, at least it calms me down.

Good for you!

One thing that I've always found helpful is to make up a similar question with really simple numbers. A lot of times it's pretty obvious what that answer is, so then I just apply the same calculations to the original question.

Thanks! Guess I'd have to actually see it to know whether I'd like it or not. (The blood part sounds a little yecch, though.)

Does this image show up for you?

get_sherlock_tshirt_600.jpg

• Like 2