Favourite "Sherlock" Pictures, etc.

Ruthyone

John yelling at the floor.

20190417-184708.jpg

Do you guys think it's not easy being with Sherlock? 

Well, no shit, John. 😛

Writing diary is one way to keep you sane, they said.

20190417-184949.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 12:35 AM, Artemis said:

So young...

So true... *sigh*

Hrm. I'm not so sure about those last two, they both look a little … I don't know, like they have aliens inside them. :D (The art critic in me can't stay silent.....)

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for posting.

I had seen a lot of them and in fact was there for some of them!  

But a  nice collection.

Just makes me miss the show even more...

• Like 1

Well, that gobbled up some time! Thanks JP.

It's amazing how much I still miss this show.

It's also amazing to me how you can almost always tell instantly if Cumberbatch is being Sherlock, or being himself. He's one of those actors that just disappears into his role, imo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't really a favorite picture of mine, just one that I'd like to see analyzed a bit.  It's currently the top-of-page picture for the forum's Light theme, so if you want to see it larger, just switch themes (see dropdown menu at the very bottom of any page).

Banner.jpg.9439fda6beac9f8e2a275ae601733

This is clearly a promo shot, rather than from an episode, but I'm interested in your reaction to this -- what is going on, and roughly when?  (When I try to figure it out, I get contradictory results.)

Hard to tell from just those few details. The wall had already had it coming, and John is still clean shaven, so in between these two events, but otherwise? Sherlock's shirt may offer another clue, maybe?

Yeah, I know.  What would you deduce from their body language and facial expressions, and how might that relate to when?

The cynic in me would say that, going by Sherlock's expression, this is circa Great Game (post-smiley, natch), because back then they were still toying with Johnlock like that, instead of the later perish-the-thought attitude. Also, Sherlock's not looking stressed out enough for Reichenbach, so if it's S2, then I'd say one of the first two episodes. Anyone feeling like combing Game, Scandal and Hounds for Sherlock's shirts and comparing? :lol:

That's just about the same conclusion I'd come to.  Going by John's hair, it has to be either Study in Pink (which it can't be, due to Mr. Smiley) or anything from Series 2.  (Later in S1 his hair was longer, but it was short again for all of S2.  In S3 it was still fairly short but parted on the other side.  And we needn't mention S4.)

To me, Sherlock's expression as he looks at John is somewhere between hurt and puzzled.  John is looking at us, not at Sherlock.  So if it has to be related to a specific episode, I'd say Hounds, during their falling-out.

There's a whole series of those photos, and I don't think they're related to any specific episode. I'll see if I can find some more, maybe that will give us some more clues.

Here you go: http://www.benedictcumberbatch.co.uk/photos/sherlock-series-2-production-stills/. There's about 5 or 6 of them.

Sherlock's wearing the white shirt in both Hounds and TRF, so no help there. John doesn't wear that outfit in any episode that I can recall. As for their expressions, I just think Ben's just trying to look Sherlock-y and Martin's just looking at the camera. It's rather like this promo shot from Scandal, only with Irene:

ytgerEM.jpg

• Like 1

The oldest reference I could find for this picture is December 22, 2011 in  THIS GALLERY  about SIB. It's definitely an extra photoshoot, as the smilie is not the one from the set. There are several pictures with this setting:
sherlock-belgravia-10.jpg

https://blogs.weta.org/tellyvisions/2011/12/29/more-new-sherlock-season-2-goodies-photos-and-premiere-qa-video

Season-2-Photos-sherlock-on-bbc-one-3067

Season-2-Photos-sherlock-on-bbc-one-3067

511ee3eb881d418888ab05aa573acb4d--smiley

d7a3c1e04c7552650d6380a55d896347.jpg

• Like 1

OK, those photos show quite a range of moods -- so I'm guessing that any single shot is merely an attempt to look "interesting" or "different."  Weird correlation between the S&J shot and the S&I one, though!

Methinks that is meant to represent Sherlock in deduction mode; i.e., looking normal.  :D 

I'm not sure I quite get the point of those promo shots, anyway. Do they ever get used for anything other than forum headers? :whistle:

13 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

I'm not sure I quite get the point of those promo shots, anyway. Do they ever get used for anything...?

The idea seems to be that they're used for ads promoting the show (thus "promo") -- but I must admit that I don't recall ever seeing them used thus.  Though maybe I would have if I watched television (in addition to Sherlock).

I wouldn't think they'd use still shots in TV ads. But what do I know. Maybe they used them in street posters or magazine ads or something.

At any rate … this has to be one of my favorite finds ever. Series of gifs of Sherlock gesturing. Mwah. 😍 https://mycroftslittlebrother.tumblr.com/post/98344181883/his-gestures-are-magic

• Like 1