Favourite "Sherlock" Pictures, etc.

Ruthyone

I have a thing for stone fireplaces like this. Love this shot from "THoB"

http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/Sulrin/media/screen-shot-2014-01-06-at-16-42-57.png.html

I must admit I know next to nothing about anime/manga, but this picture series is, or so I'm told, kawaii. He's dressed as one Spike from Cowboy Bebop (forgive me please if I've mangled this and enjoy anyway, anime fans).

tumblr_m0363sRZFa1r863tko1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

Oof, I'm sure there are loads I could (and probably will...) come up with, but I really like this one because in it, the character looks almost exactly like I always imagined the original figure (I never "agreed with" the illustrations).

p01nlky9.jpg

I love this picture, I have an obsession with Benedict's nose, it's so beautiful!! and his lips :drool

• Like 2

Here's another one I like very much. I loved that brief scene so much. With the beautiful music, too.

sherlock.jpg

• Like 2

Oh god, and then I just found this one.

hisvow.jpg

Btw, if anybody finds a really good image of "Merry Christmas" (you know what I mean...), please post or link...

Oh-h-h, obviously you don't know what I mean, though that scene is lovely too. Try again - we can make this a guessing game...

Nope... but it's a gooder, too. I never realized there were so many "Merry Christmas" moments in "Sherlock" before!

Nice - but still not what I mean. I can't find it anywhere, either. Is it just me who wants a picture of that moment? I'll have to start doing my own screencaps. You've got the right episode, now, though!

T.o.b.y, hopefully Aithine's screen caps will include Series 3 fairly soon, and then you can look there for the precise shot that you're looking for.  ;)

Icon-Hazard.pngModerator Warning:  

And everybody -- if you're posting a picture from Series 3, better put it in a spoiler box, OK?

Icon-Hazard.pngModerator Warning:  

T.o.b.y, hopefully Aithine's screen caps will include Series 3 fairly soon, and then you can look there for the precise shot that you're looking for.  ;)

Ah, Carol got it... ;)

And if I do find that picture, I will certainly spoiler-box it! Didn't do so with the others because I thought they were simply nice portraits. Sorry!

Because it may not have been shown yet in other countries, besides the US and Britain and we have people from all over the globe. Carol has posted the time table somewhere or you can check with Sherlockology for it.

Exactly.  The British forum members were kind enough not to spoil it for the Americans, so we're just passing along the favor.  Last I heard, Series 3 wasn't airing in some countries till March.  And we're not talking about just the people who post here -- we're only the tip of the iceberg.  There are lots of other members, as well as numerous non-members, who rely on us for news and commentary.

So meanwhile, we do need to continue using spoiler boxes for any Series 3 material that's not posted in the Series 3 area -- though an exception could be made for "nice portraits" if you're certain that they contain no plot clues (but some forum members are pretty sharp, so best to err on the side of caution).

OK, here's the link to Sherlockology's airdate guide.  Can someone in/near Germany please explain what "Germany - ARD" means?  Other than that, the last airdate appears to be March 13 (for "Last Vow" in Indonesia), but "Germany - ARD" doesn't finish till June 9th!

ARD is very roughly equivalent to BBC1. It's one of the state-run, public channels in Germany, the "first" one, so to speak.

Exactly.  The British forum members were kind enough not to spoil it for the Americans, so we're just passing along the favor.  Last I heard, Series 3 wasn't airing in some countries till March.  And we're not talking about just the people who post here -- we're only the tip of the iceberg.  There are lots of other members, as well as numerous non-members, who rely on us for news and commentary.

So meanwhile, we do need to continue using spoiler boxes for any Series 3 material that's not posted in the Series 3 area -- though an exception could be made for "nice portraits" if you're certain that they contain no plot clues (but some forum members are pretty sharp, so best to err on the side of caution).

OK, here's the link to Sherlockology's airdate guide.  Can someone in/near Germany please explain what "Germany - ARD" means?  Other than that, the last airdate appears to be March 13 (for "Last Vow" in Indonesia), but "Germany - ARD" doesn't finish till June 9th!

The Germans are usually first with everything - that makes a change!!! :lol:

Does Sherlock sound sexy in German?

ARD is very roughly equivalent to BBC1. It's one of the state-run, public channels in Germany, the "first" one, so to speak.

Thanks, Martina.  Do you have any idea why they're airing Series 3 three months later than anywhere else in the entire world?

Do they run it in English with subtitles, or dubbed?  (If the latter, that might explain the delay.)