The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Not only is this adorable (I love foxes), but I sound exactly like this person when I talk to my dogs.

Juniper Fox: Watch For Your Own Good

• Like 1

Ha ha, was looking for an old photo and came across this one of my cat when the vet shaved her last year. Was told to put a jumper on her so she wouldn't get too cold. 

She was very indignant about the whole affair.

Was going to be until her fur grew back, but she eventually ripped it off and mauled it, at which point I gave up.

One of our cats has been shaving himself with his incisors. The vet is trying to help us figure out why, but by now it's been going on so long that it may have become a habit. Main problem (other than he looks like a French poodle) is that he gets cold. I'm kinda tempted to get him one of those sweaters -- do they make them for cats, or did you buy a doggie one? -- but he's got enough stubble that I suspect he'd be even more uncomfortable, with the stubble catching in the fabric. Maybe that's why your kitty eventually shredded hers -- the stubble got long enough to catch?

My boy cat plucks his tail, probably mostly out of boredom. 

It was a dog jumper, I don't think they make them for cats. She's part Persian so she didn't get stubble so much as really soft fluff, so it didn't catch. I was taking it off when the heating was on high because I was worried that her fur would grow into it if it was on 24/7.  Perhaps it's worth trying with your cat, once he gets past the initial rage of being made to wear clothes it might help keep him warm and stop him doing it so much. Short haired dogs wear jumpers sometimes and it doesn't seem to bother them - how rough is the stubble?

Pretty rough / stiff at a certain stage of growing out -- and a lot of it is generally at that stage. Maybe something made of smoother cloth (rather than that lovely large-gauge knit) would be better for Walt. I'll have a look next time I'm in the pet-supply store.

I think I've posted this before, but this happy husky still cracks me up. :lol:

4defc274601c79620eb71e11dbf40c92--snow-m

• Like 4

Thanks Artemis for the dog gif save.

Anyway I'm in holiday mood. It's Monday but It's the last working monday of the year. I'm feeling ugly but festive.

Weather is not suitable for stripping but whatever. Look away! (wait I'm not sure the gender of this.. )

giphy.gif

Anyway, tips for pet owner.

I think my dog is shedding slightly more than usual, maybe it's from the vaccination booster.

I found my black shirt hairy blonde after cuddling with him for a while. Sherlock probably deduces that I had five dogs clinging on me or I'm in the process of transformation.

The quick and efficient way to get rid of the fur is using those latex disposable glove (that comes in 100 per box, normally used for common medical, cleaning or gardening). I figured some friction would help so I tried, it exceeds my expectation. Basically just wear the glove and brush; shirt, bedding, sofa, whatever fabric material, the furs can be collected very easily and much more efficient than vacuum. Cheap, reusable and very good!!

My dog's fur are light and puffy, hopefully it works the same for other dogs or cats.

• Like 4

Anyway, tips for pet owner.

I think my dog is shedding slightly more than usual, maybe it's from the vaccination booster.

I found my black shirt hairy blonde after cuddling with him for a while. Sherlock probably deduces that I had five dogs clinging on me or I'm in the process of transformation.

The quick and efficient way to get rid of the fur is using those latex disposable glove (that comes in 100 per box, normally used for common medical, cleaning or gardening). I figured some friction would help so I tried, it exceeds my expectation. Basically just wear the glove and brush; shirt, bedding, sofa, whatever fabric material, the furs can be collected very easily and much more efficient than vacuum. Cheap, reusable and very good!!

My dog's fur are light and puffy, hopefully it works the same for other dogs or cats.

Thanks for the tip, VBS!  I'll try it next time I get around to de-furring the living room.  One question -- did you use an actual latex glove, or a similar latex-free glove?  (Just in case it makes a difference.)

I'm not too sure but it looks like this:

31u_Ex7_Y_k_L._SX300.jpg

It's sold very commonly in box of 100, I have it always at home for gardening and cleaning (yucky drain etc), bought it in common supermarket.

If you still have the box they came in, it should specifically say either "latex" or "non-latex" / "latex free".  Or some will say exactly what kind of non-latex they are, such as nitrile.

Thanks for the tip, VBS! My dogs are constantly shedding, so I'm always looking for a better way to stay on top of it. Currently I use a lint brush, and that works pretty well for me (not the sticky rolling kind though, those are useless). I'm going to try the gloves!

I used to have a black uniform and a white cat, I'd go over my uniform with sellotape every morning but it never got it all off. Wish I'd known about the glove then!

I'm at home and looking at the box, it says natural rubber latex. It's a translation though, but I suppose it's quite okay since they actually manage to translate ambidextrous, which could mean it's better quality translation, or, they don't know what it means and just write the whole word.

Let me know the result when you have tried it.

Warning, the static would create some heat when brushing, just be mindful if you have delicate hands.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Ah, VBS, I wish I was feeling as cheery and festive as that gif of you. (Looking good!) 

Roll on Friday. I'm hoping I'll get to finish early, or get the day off, but that's probably hoping for too much. 

396c6adede3b2f9666de9b1ecc33b8aa.jpg

• Like 2

I hope this plays in other countries. A tortoise trying to eat a sprout. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hereford-worcester-42391871/christmas-sprout-dwarfs-hungry-tortoise

• Like 2

Tortoise video works fine for me.

These pics are from the Comedy Wildlife Photographer Awards 2017:

oBCBo9r.jpg

WEZNj7f.jpg

GqviC8e.jpg

UZcot7B.jpg

ad6j1rv.jpg

• Like 5