The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

9 hours ago, Artemis said:

I had heard of that phenomenon (kind of a minimalist version of the old paper bag thing), but believe this is the first time I've ever seen it.  Will have to try it with my crew.

9 hours ago, Artemis said:

tumblr_pr8ndpFqBU1y31465o1_1280.pnj

[Link]

That dog know which side his bread is buttered on.  :D

6 hours ago, Carol the Dabbler said:

I had heard of that phenomenon (kind of a minimalist version of the old paper bag thing), but believe this is the first time I've ever seen it.  Will have to try it with my crew.

It doesn't have to be a full sheet of paper either. A scrap will do. Especially if it's a scrap with some important information written on it that you really need. :D 

• Haha 1

Oooooh, I almost forgot! I finally found my camera! I can show you a picture of my new cat! Gang, meet Pepper. Pepper, meet the gang.

46ZVzB8.jpg

Of course, as soon as she saw the camera, she dove under the bed, because … well, because she's a cat. I finally enticed her part-way out by making scritchy-scratchy mouse noises....

GJr2xC2.jpg

• Like 4

She is sweet. She also deserves her name. When she gets really sassy, I call her Pepperoni.

• Haha 1

Hi Pepper! Can I crawl under the table to play with her?

When I'm in my second home, I'd have very bad pet withdrawal. There was a morning when I saw a stray dog from far and actually ran to try to get close to it (it's very rare to meet stray animals), not caring that I was in questionable neighborhood I 'chased' it for awhile but couldn't get closer than couple of hundred meters, it was afraid of human (especially crazy looking one who walked before the sun was up).

One other morning on the walk, a stray cat approached me and you can't imagine how happy I was. I just sat on the pavement and played with it.

Is Pepper as useless as this guy? 😛

20190417-182446.png

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

Hi Pepper! Can I crawl under the table to play with her?

You can try, but she'll just run the other way. If you dangle a string in front of her, however, she'll love you forever.

8 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

I hope I don't have to find out, I'm tired of having mice in the house. But something tells me any mice I find from now on are going to be very mauled, and very dead.

I've never seen a cat that loves to play as much as this one. 11:30 last night, I was still dragging a string around the house, trying to wear her out enough to go to bed. Sheesh! Good thing for her that she's so darn cute.....

But please don't leave that string lying around when you're not supervising.  You probably know this already, but cats like to investigate things by using their mouth and they can't spit, so anything they start to swallow (even by accident) they will just keep swallowing till it's all down.  And a string in their gut will act like a drawstring, which doesn't do the gut any good and may require surgery to save the cat.  [End of knee-jerk sermon.]

In lieu of strings, we have a couple of old cloth pajama belts that we leave out for the cats to drag around.

Well, I call it a string, but it's more like a thick cord. At any rate, she makes no attempt to swallow it, although she has dragged it off and bitten it until it's dead a few times. :D But yeah, we don't leave string and rubber bands and other such interesting things lying around, do we, Pep? (She's looking at me impatiently … "Who cares? Why aren't you playing with me?")

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Well, I call it a string, but it's more like a thick cord. At any rate, she makes no attempt to swallow it, although she has dragged it off and bitten it until it's dead a few times. :D

Reminds me of the time I had to kill the vegetable brush.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, Arcadia said:
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:22 AM, Van Buren Supernova said:

I hope I don't have to find out, I'm tired of having mice in the house. But something tells me any mice I find from now on are going to be very mauled, and very dead.

Well, alas, that question has been answered. No. She was fast, efficient, and lethal. Good kitty. 

Oh dear. Another one. This one was still twitching. Bad kitty.

R.I.P. Grumpy Cat.  :(

tumblr_prn55lHpDp1rxktx7_500.jpg

tumblr_prnqwrY8HY1uybzq5o1_1280.jpg

[Link 1, 2]

• Sad 1

"In an Exorcist-style display of flexibility, owls can rotate their necks a maximum of 270 degrees without breaking blood vessels or tearing tendons."

tumblr_pr0umtMABG1ucdqp2_640.jpg

"The face of beauty"

tumblr_prkcex4Yap1vwpg08_640.jpg

"A challenger approaches"

tumblr_prloviDhii1uibzob_500.jpg

[Link]

"How to catch an emu."

tumblr_n692tu4grL1rc7zl1o3_400.gif

tumblr_n692tu4grL1rc7zl1o4_400.gif

"THIS IS A LEGIT THING
THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT PEOPLE DO TO GET EMUS TO COME CLOSE
Apparently you lie on the ground on your back and move your arms and legs.
And the emus are very curious and come over like, “The F*** is that.”
And that’s literally what it is. They come over wondering what you’re doing"

[Link]