The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

@Caya's

The neighbourhood one seems nice for walking/cycling around. There is big patch of green as well. But I feel suffocated at the city center, I don't see a tree! Not one tree! Not one! I think I wouldn't last long there.

Hella, remember what Sherlock said about disguise? It's an art!

Screenshot-20190610-085724-Chrome.jpg

Although, eww.. kitty

Screenshot-20190610-085930-Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Alas, I have nothing off-topic to discuss. But here is Gandalf the White … Squirrel.

RZTR9z3.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Aw, so fluffy!

The straws have to be red?

• Like 1

Thanks, Fantasy, I needed that!

You're welcome . Also in celebration of the last day of pride month and the 50th anniversary of the stonewall riots, I'm going to post this picture ^^.531099e518c817614ec41bd8e14fa1bf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Poor li'l fella!  Judging by the background, this is either a pet owl or one in a zoo.  But it's still odd that they would just happen to be filming him when he just happened to sneeze -- I hope this wasn't one of those "let's give the owl some pepper and see if he sneezes" videos.

• Like 1

Yeah, let’s hope not.

I don’t think it’s super odd though.  People also film owls when they just happen to yawn.

• Like 2

What a beautiful animal he is! But he does look like maybe he has a cold. Do birds get colds?

• 2 weeks later...

My reaction every time I hear this song....

PLNyN0A.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't do this often, but just for you, VBS … :hugz: 

• Like 1

Gah!! How many times.. and In this summer temperature?? 😛

My niece is a hugger and I have to peel her off everytime, which is not easy, she is taller than me now!

These cats have more drama in their lives compared to mine:

14580310-34-1563789826-728-c63447d5db-15

14581360-18-1563615798-728-051dc6cfc7-15

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Asking anyone who had owned a cat before.

I am in my brother's house for main family reunion. There is a stray cat who always visit us for food. Two nights ago me and my sis-in-law stayed out until midnight to 'help' deliver her babies. She (sil and cat) had done this multiple times.

Twelve hours prior, she frantically scratched on our door to let us know "it's time", and demanded us to be with her. So everytime we went out, she would quickly run to the corner behind the car where sil had put some towel and newspaper, making sure we followed her, and then lay down but restless. However, if we left her and went inside, she would left the corner and scratched the door, making a lot of noise until one of us came out to accompany her again. Either one, as long as there was someone next to her side. There were a lot of contractions, we could feel her babies kicking and moving.

It went on for about three hours yet she hadn't delivered but we had to leave for dinner event, thinking that the babies would be there when we were back. But no, three-four hours dinner, and she was there still with big belly running to us when we were back. Similarly, she would demand someone to be with her all the time. We had to accompany her in the dark as she was purring and twitching quite painfully, really appreciate the companion and massages from these two half-eaten by mosquitoes hooman. She was fine when we took turn at the beginning, but the one stayed with her couldn't even stand up without her protesting that we squatted or sat next to her. Reaching midnight, when I couldn't feel my legs anymore, she gave birth to three kittens, hugging them with satisfied look on her face. Only then she gave us permission to leave.

Back then, I had our cat delivered various batch of litters and she always preferred to be alone. I have to idea this stray would be so demanding and prefer human companion. Sil said she always does that. The day after, she moved her kittens somewhere else but kept coming for attention (she didn't leave after food) and visits every one-two hours.

We will be scrapping some fund to sterilize her.

Is this common?

We adopted a stray that turned out to be pregnant and when her time came she acted the same way, wanting me or my mother to stay with her and following us if we left. She had two healthy kittens. Her behavior surprised me because I was raised on a farm with lots of barn cats who would just appear with their kittens. My mother had a house cat when I was young who had her kittens in my brothers sock drawer lol,

• Thanks 1