The Cute Animal Pics/Videos Thread

Caya

Although she did steal a decoration from the fern in the kitchen, and ran off and hid it. One of my favorite decorations, too, had it since I was a kid in Korea. Still haven't figured out where she put it. Bad kitty.

• Sad 1

And you ask why we don't decorate indoors for Christmas!   :P   Seriously, if you value something, keep it out of paw's reach.  (Though that can be difficult, depending on how acrobatic your cat is.)

Walter's favorite toy is a small bright-red knit sack/sock stuffed with whatever they put in stuffed toys.  He adores it.  But every now and then it will disappear for a lengthy spell, and I'll worry that he's somehow gotten it into a place where he can't reach, so I'll turn the house upside-down looking for it -- and never can find it.  Then a few months later I'll see him trotting by with his sock in his mouth.  I'm seriously wondering whether cats have access to an alternative universe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Exactly. I know it's in the house somewhere, I'll just wait til she finds it again. :D 

That's something I, who'd only been around dogs, had to learn the hard way when living with my first boyfriend and his cat. If you want to keep something out of reach from a dog, simply put it on a counter or shelf (well unless it's Lilly the parkour dog, who jumped on the kitchen counters in the beginning). Lost a couple items till I internalized that this doesn't work quite so well with a cat. :lol:

l7uXTHq.jpg

• Haha 1

A few days ago I found my cat sitting on the top shelf of the linen closet, which is about 6-7 feet up. (Higher than my head, at any rate.) I don't even understand how she got the door to the closet open, let alone how she got on the top shelf.

Fortunately, she hasn't figured out how to open the kitchen cabinet doors, which is where the dangerous stuff is stored. So … so far, so good!

Here she is checking me out from the other side of the dining table ...

XLu0O0Z.jpg?1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Poor li'l starving kitty!

7 hours ago, Arcadia said:

A few days ago I found my cat sitting on the top shelf of the linen closet, which is about 6-7 feet up. (Higher than my head, at any rate.) I don't even understand how she got the door to the closet open, let alone how she got on the top shelf.

Linen closets are a cat's natural habitat.  I've seen cats climb from shelf to shelf to shelf, but I think more often they'll leap from something across from the shelf, like a table or counter.

7 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Fortunately, she hasn't figured out how to open the kitchen cabinet doors, which is where the dangerous stuff is stored.

You might want to add something, even as simple as tying the handles of a double cabinet's doors together.  Of course the first line of defense would be not storing the dangerous stuff in the same cabinet with the kibbles -- if she has no incentive, she's less likely to attempt opening the cabinet -- unless she's bored, which can be a very powerful incentive for a cat.  I've seen bored cats do some seemingly-impossible things.

No, the kibbles are elsewhere. She hasn't figured out how to open that door either, poor starving baby. :D Not that it would do her any good, as they're in an airtight (and cat proof) container. I'm such a mean mom.

• Like 1

"Bed 'n' Breakfast." A friend just posted this on Facebook. Cute, but … really, would you want to take your bread out of the breadbox and find this? Eek.

gMvGDHt.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I still say cats invented yoga -- and I have no idea why that pose is called the Downward Dog.  Obviously it should be the Downward Cat!  *grumble* *grumble* *grumble*

• Like 2

On 1/1/2020 at 9:28 PM, Carol the Dabbler said:

I still say cats invented yoga -- and I have no idea why that pose is called the Downward Dog.  Obviously it should be the Downward Cat!  *grumble* *grumble* *grumble*

While I heartily agree, my dogs also do that stretch.

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2019 at 6:15 PM, Arcadia said:

"Bed 'n' Breakfast." A friend just posted this on Facebook. Cute, but … really, would you want to take your bread out of the breadbox and find this? Eek.

NOPE. They go, or I'd go.

We lived in rat infested house and I wasn't feeling anything back then. Now they are my mortal enemy, as I can't stand the thought of them being around my food or just around. Now I keep everything, I mean everything, including dishes, bottled condiments, fruits etc in closed cupboard, container or tupperware. I think it helps because they might be less attracted to invade the house without food smells, haven't seen any for a long time, and not planning to. Not taking chances, I think my self-diagnosed OCD is getting worse by age.

On 1/3/2020 at 3:16 AM, Artemis said:

While I heartily agree, my dogs also do that stretch.

Yes, I have countless of dog photos doing that, but I'm too lazy to look for it. My phone is exploding, even with 64 + 128G storage I can't contain the number of dog photos I take. Dogs, dogs, dogs, dogs! I even have to delete Sherlock that I always carry in my phone. And it's extremely difficult and time wasting to go through every single one and choose which one to delete. As moving it to computer, I can't bear not having them ready for access anytime. So I have... to.. sort.. them... it probably takes 237 years and my only motivation is because I want to take new ones.

Anyway, be careful guys, there are more and more mythical animals comes to live.

15149424-gv769qdjiak21-1572420309-728-52

15172858-image-crop-640x626-1574789166-7

15172870-image-crop-640x723-1575973156-7

• Like 5

At a guess, I'd say a bit of both. :smile: No conspicuous signs of photoshopping (to me, anyway, though things look probably different to Arcadia ;) ) but that heart does look awfully symmetrical for this to be coincidence.

I am of the same opinion. :smile: Cats can, after all, get into pretty weird positions.....

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Arcadia said:

Cats can, after all, get into pretty weird positions.....

You don't say..!

hqdefault.jpg

images.jpg

9fc8de1caea74d7790d8ad02db6ede14.jpg

117.jpg

4-A97-B0-F900000578-5549749-Paw-done-me-

• Haha 3

That last one … imagine reaching out for your glass of water and you get that instead...…. :rofl: 

• Haha 1

:D  I am more distracted of why it reads as $1 or $2.

Did he raise the price when there were more people taking the order? Did he reduce it when there are less? Is the green hat photoshopped? How else did it manage to stay on the head, why wasn't it looped on the ear instead, or did they cut a hole through it? What did the blue car do that it's half covered in dry mud. And why this guy bothered to color coordinate the booth with what seems like fresh paint but then half-a## attempt for the vine decoration that is barely visible?

5 hours ago, Van Buren Supernova said:

:D  I am more distracted of why it reads as $1 or $2.

Did he raise the price when there were more people taking the order? Did he reduce it when there are less? Is the green hat photoshopped? How else did it manage to stay on the head, why wasn't it looped on the ear instead, or did they cut a hole through it? What did the blue car do that it's half covered in dry mud. And why this guy bothered to color coordinate the booth with what seems like fresh paint but then half-a## attempt for the vine decoration that is barely visible?

Hear, hear! I think you should not rest until you get us some answers!!!! And nice pun, was it intended? :angel: 

On 1/13/2020 at 4:47 AM, Arcadia said:

And nice pun, was it intended? :angel: 

Whaaaa...Have I ever been obnoxious with pun?? Tsk tsk... that accusation...:unsure:

Why am I worried that this guy is up for something?

6810910-image-crop-500x521-1539811244-72

And sorry doggie, I know this is embarrassing but :rofl:

sub-buzz-16284-1525885655-13.png

• Haha 2